COVID-19 Covid Cases Rising

How many are within the last 2-4 weeks? Do you work at a large store? I'm guessing your area is pretty hard hit. I'm sorry you are dealing with this.
15/31 cases reported in the last two weeks. However, if you go off of the “last in store” dates, 8 were in the store in the last two weeks.

Can anyone confirm that guests are not supposed to be eaten in our stores? In other words, all food they purchase should be taken home to consume.
I know my peers and I always let guests know they can't consume food or drinks in store. We have also asked guests to leave who refuse to put their starbucks down.

Our store has 3 active COVID cases and now they’re reinforcing social distance and cleaning all the time. My coworker got told by HR that if she gets COVID, that I have to quarantine for two weeks without pay even if I come back negative and vis versa.

We just had a new confirmed case at my store and it really bothers me that they're claiming to disinfect the store when we haven't had cleaning shifts for months. Not that those shifts really mattered, most people who got them just pushed around a buggy and talked to coworkers all day because no one in my store (or state, even) takes the pandemic seriously.

Even if we don't get hazard pay, we should at least be told if we've been in contact with a positive case. They're so tight lipped about that because of the legal bullshit. If I find out I was in contact with a positive case and then test positive myself and infect other people because you didn't protect your workers by doing the bare minimum of informing them??? Hoooo buddy. I'mma be PISSED.

TEN positive cases in the last two and a half weeks, or at least that's what it says by the dates texted, could be more. The covid rates here have returned to the same level it was last spring!
At this point it feels like a guarantee I will eventually get it!!!

Restaurants are sketchy af right now, as is anyone not in one's household.
They are soooo sketchy right now. I went to an IHOP a few weeks ago. No hand sanitizer at any of the tables and I saw at least one cook without a mask. I almost filed a complaint and it's extremely rare for me to do that.

Target really be like "our first priority is safety!" and then notify you about your store's 10 new cases because they let too many guests in the store and refuse to do tasks overnight so TMs are "here for the guests".
Inbound/half the gm team is still overnight at my store. There's a rumor circulating that they might continue this through Easter.

A TM shared with me that they contacted corporate that our store has not been properly cleaning and enforcing masks especially to our guests. Supposedly corporate responded that they will take a look at her concerns. We have been getting cases especially in our specific department and we were asked if we would like to take a covid testing home kit to see if we are positive/negative. The kit has been offered to our specific department not for all departments. Ever since the holiday (starting Thanksgiving), I have been getting a text notification almost everyday that we have a covid case.

A bit off topic but, relevant. Many businesses require masks, no BS no questions no exceptions. Medical condition prevents you from wearing a mask? Too bad, leave. The gyms are non compliant. They are dismissive and do not enforce the masking rule. Signs at the sign in station, yes...do the muscle heads wear them? NO. Sometimes on the chin tough guy style. The employees don't do shit. I am a member of two good gyms and will not visit either until this blows over.

Just got my first vaccine dose. The New York center than ran it was very organized and fast, I was really impressed. I was in and out of there in 30 minutes, second dose already scheduled three weeks from now.
I'm jealous. I might be able to get the vaccine at work despite being a temp, but all the appointment times are during my work hours. Kinda hard to get stuck with a needle if you're in the office shuffling papers at that moment.

My location has so many cases. I have noticed so many call outs on my shift. I get the text notifications every other day. Some mention a single case, others mention multiple. Today I got a text notification for 6 cases, 3 minutes before I got my own Positive results. It’s a bummer. I know I could have gotten it anywhere, but I only go to work, grocery store and home. Didn’t even see my family for the holidays. My HR person asked if I knew where I got it and I said likely from the store, to which she replied wasn’t really possible because we aren’t in close contact and wear masks. I found comment to be a little odd. Especially since she herself just had it. Thankful for the Covid pay. Stay safe!

My location has so many cases. I have noticed so many call outs on my shift. I get the text notifications every other day. Some mention a single case, others mention multiple. Today I got a text notification for 6 cases, 3 minutes before I got my own Positive results. It’s a bummer. I know I could have gotten it anywhere, but I only go to work, grocery store and home. Didn’t even see my family for the holidays. My HR person asked if I knew where I got it and I said likely from the store, to which she replied wasn’t really possible because we aren’t in close contact and wear masks. I found comment to be a little odd. Especially since she herself just had it. Thankful for the Covid pay. Stay safe!

Your HR person is a moron.

The guests are not temperature checked. Many guest do not wear their mask correctly. Many employees do not wear their mask correctly. The stores are not really cleaned or sanitized. There is probably COVID in every single Target nationwide.

Back