COVID-19 CoVID Vaccine side effects

There's recently been reporting that when you get the vaccine it may put you out of action for a while. The question here is, will Target pay that time off? Because quite honestly with them having already cut hours I can't afford two weeks (estimated) off without pay and that will certainly effect my decision to get vaccinated or not. What are your thoughts on this?

The vaccine is still in trials and probably won't be released publically until mid-2021. The vaccine could change till then but the hard part is the transportation and distribution at cold temperatures. Personally, I don't think they will give paid time off unless they require us to take the vaccine and it creates complications.

Does anyone know if there are any published studies about the vaccine(s)? I tried searching , but no concrete answers.

I have seen some articles in FB about couple of guys who took the trials of Pfizer vaccine. They had to take 2 doses in different days. Wait time for thawing the vaccine was the major pain it seems. After second dose they had some symptoms like being too tired and stuffs. But by eod they started feeling better.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are any published studies about the vaccine(s)? I tried searching , but no concrete answers.

This is the main article I could find on the subject with links to the CDC.

• The CDC must be transparent about the side effects people may experience after getting their first shot of a coronavirus vaccine, doctors urged during a meeting Monday with CDC advisors.
  • Dr. Sandra Fryhofer said that both Pfizer's and Moderna's Covid-19 vaccines require two doses and she worries whether her patients will come back for a second dose because of potentially unpleasant side effects after the first shot.
  • Both companies acknowledged that their vaccines could induce side effects that are similar to symptoms associated with mild Covid-19, such as muscle pain, chills and headache.

You get flu-like symptoms from the flu shot, because the body's too stupid to not have a full blown immune response. You get 3-4 days of feeling like a garbage truck hit you and a steam roller followed and the hive from hell after each allergy shot. How much worse can this be?

**Disclaimer, the allergy shots made me so sick and miserable I did stop those early on. So maybe not a good example.

How do you know when you need that one? Its not like you catch shingles from others.

The only shot I have had problems with was Shingles. Body aches and absolutely exhausted for 36/48 hours. Sounds similar to the covid vaccine.
Aww, that saddens me. I'll be needing that one soon. I know that one's in my body, great-grandfather had it bad back in the 80s.

Thankfully I've never had a noticeable reaction to any vaccinations including pneumonia, tetanus, shingles and the flu. We get our flu shots at the local Dog, the pharmacist is great with the needle! I have well sculpted enormous rock hard biceps so it's a non issue to me. Captain Arms. Mrs. Captain has skinny little pipe-cleaner arms, a tad bit of soreness for a day or so. Well worth it.

Aww, that saddens me. I'll be needing that one soon. I know that one's in my body, great-grandfather had it bad back in the 80s.
It's in everyone's body, except maybe the kids and very young adults. It's chicken pox that's been hiding and chilling in the nervous system, waiting for your immune system to weaken a bit.

(If anyone has an answer, I'd love to know, do the kids that have had the chicken pox vaccine instead of the illness also have to worry about shingles?)

It's in everyone's body, except maybe the kids and very young adults. It's chicken pox that's been hiding and chilling in the nervous system, waiting for your immune system to weaken a bit.

(If anyone has an answer, I'd love to know, do the kids that have had the chicken pox vaccine instead of the illness also have to worry about shingles?)

Don't quote me on it but they probably do. My daycare recently had a child get chicken pox.....and they had been vaccinated.

Yes . However if you had chicken pox when you were little you don’t need to get the vaccine

What i mean, I know anyone who has had chicken pox is at risk for shingles. Shingles is chicken pox.

But what about those people that have never gotten chicken pox because they were vaccinated? Can whatever the vaccine is made of cause shingles? Can enough of the virus hide even though the vaccination means it's getting clobbered the minute it enters the body? Or does chicken pox vaccine means no chance of shingles?

My daughter was born at the right time to get the vaccine, I just want to know her future risk.

What i mean, I know anyone who has had chicken pox is at risk for shingles. Shingles is chicken pox.

But what about those people that have never gotten chicken pox because they were vaccinated? Can whatever the vaccine is made of cause shingles? Can enough of the virus hide even though the vaccination means it's getting clobbered the minute it enters the body? Or does chicken pox vaccine means no chance of shingles?

My daughter was born at the right time to get the vaccine, I just want to know her future risk.
From what I can find it is possible to get shingles if you were vaccinated for chicken pox but it is very rare and mild.
The vaccine doesn't cause the shingles, it's because vaccines can wear out.
There is no risk to the vaccine, beyond the standard risks that all vaccines have.
The shingles vaccine is basically the chicken pox vaccine for grownups.

What commie said, with the addition of: the reason kids who are vaccinated are less likely to get shingles is because the vaccine is a weakened version of the virus which is less likely to come back later on.

One of the interesting side effects of vaccinating all the kids, though, is that it made it slightly more likely adults would get shingles (at least those of us that grew up before the vaccine). Re-exposure apparently makes shingles less likely so with less virus circulating you get more shingles. Hence, the shingles vaccine.

Back