COVID-19 CoVID Vaccine side effects

Never had chicken pox or vaccinated for it but got shingles.......had plenty of exposure to chicken pox through the years but never actually had them.

May have had a very mild case. May have had them very young. My sister had chicken pox when she was 3ish. (The first time. She caught them again about 10 years later.)

If you got shingles, you had to have had the pox at some point, but as Tessa said, maybe mild or young. Apparently I got them young/mild, myself, as I remember hanging out with my neighbor when I was a kid and he had chicken pox and nothing came of it.

I did not get the pox from that visit, so we thought I had been exposed to the virus at some point, but neither I nor my mother have memory of me being sick with it. I got the varicella titer when I was pregnant that confirmed I had the antibodies, so I definitely picked it up at some point.

Just got my first shingles vaccine a couple months ago (have to get the second dose soon) and had no reaction whatsoever. My doctor said that it's only 70% effective, but if I do get shingles, it'll be a much milder case than if I didn't get the vaccine. My mom had shingles and I definitely don't want to go down that road myself.
The only reaction I've ever had to any vaccination is some soreness at the injection site - a bit for the flu, more for tetanus - but no fever, tiredness, ill feelings at all. The fact that some people experience flu-like symptoms after a flu shot feeds the myth that the shot causes the flu. It does not because it cannot. It's merely coincidence due to the time of year people get their flu shot being the same time of year that the weather turns colder, we close up our houses to fresh air, and spend more time indoors - and germs linger and spread more easily.
Heard an interview on PBS News Hour with one of their reporters who was part of either the Pfizer or Moderna trial; he was pretty sick for a few days after the first dose, more mildly effected after the second one. He didn't know if that was the norm (he didn't even know if he'd been given the real thing or the placebo but was guessing on the former given his reaction). But he's at higher risk because of his age, ethnicity, and underlying health issues. I suspect that one person's reaction will vary widely from the next person's, depending on any number of things.
As for myself, I plan to get the vaccine as soon as I'm eligible. Not being a health care provider, first responder, or over 65, it'll be a while. But if I have to take several days off and scrimp to pay bills for a while, I'll do it. It'll be worth it for protection from this thing.

I had the Shingles vaccination, a series of two injections a week apart IIRC. No reaction. I also believe I had the C Pox back in the '50s or '60s. No vaccine then, only Polio. I believe the C Pox vaccine came out in the mid "90s.

I said a week apart, I'm probably wrong about the spacing of the two shots, I just did what the pharmacist said to do. The Captain follows orders. I'm old and frail and sometimes I forget things.

Yeah it came out 1995. My daughter turned 1 early in the year and they said it should be a 2 month vaccine so great timing.

Last time I tried to find information, less than 5 years ago, all I could find about shingles was a big "We don't know" since the kids who received the vaccine weren't old enough to have shingles. I'm glad to hear they know more now.

Never had chicken pox or vaccinated for it but got shingles.......had plenty of exposure to chicken pox through the years but never actually had them.
I never had chicken pox as a child and at the already fragile age of 17 got shingles on my face. That was a half century ago (time frame IS important as it shows Shingles isn't anything that just popped up and it's the SAME herpes zoster virus that presents as Chicken Pox in children, Shingles in adults ...age 16+).

I was told then, and medical journals concurred, that those who never had chicken pox could (probably WOULD) get shingles in adulthood.

I can't say I found it shocking that Big Pharma came out with a vaccine and said "if you HAD chicken pox you can get shingles". Um, NOPE. Having chicken pox immunizes one against future breakouts which, as an adult, manifest as Shingles, NOT as Chicken Pox.

I say I don't find it shocking that Big Pharma came up with this LIE as for as long as I can remember they've misguided us on everything from animal vaccines to flu shots.

Shame on them

There's recently been reporting that when you get the vaccine it may put you out of action for a while. The question here is, will Target pay that time off? Because quite honestly with them having already cut hours I can't afford two weeks (estimated) off without pay and that will certainly effect my decision to get vaccinated or not. What are your thoughts on this?
I would NOT accept such a vaccine. One's body CONTINUALLY builds antibodies when exposed.

My great fear is NOT Covid. I had it twice...two different strains. Neither as debilitating as a nasty flu. I'm quite alive but definitely SHOULDN'T be according to [my] recent medical status [not of Covid]. MY big fear is that with everyone running around in masks, gloves, WAY over using sanitizers, hiding under the sofa, etc., common bugs such as cold and flu will increase THEIR immunities (the germs, that is) and we will not do our normal, continual self defense of natural immunities.

I actually cannot believe how this (the body's natural defense mechanisms) are so frequently ignored.

Then you are calling the CDC, NIH, and the National Institute of Neurological Disorders liars. Oh, the study for the below link on the NIH's site was written by Canadian authors for a Canadian audience.

It's never been said that if you don't have chicken pox you can get shingles. It's been consistent information for a long time, after the immune system gets done beating up the chicken pox virus, it hides in the nerves and waits for immune weakness.

I would NOT accept such a vaccine. One's body CONTINUALLY builds antibodies when exposed.

My great fear is NOT Covid. I had it twice...two different strains. Neither as debilitating as a nasty flu. I'm quite alive but definitely SHOULDN'T be according to [my] recent medical status [not of Covid]. MY big fear is that with everyone running around in masks, gloves, WAY over using sanitizers, hiding under the sofa, etc., common bugs such as cold and flu will increase THEIR immunities (the germs, that is) and we will not do our normal, continual self defense of natural immunities.

I actually cannot believe how this (the body's natural defense mechanisms) are so frequently ignored.
You tested positive for COVID-19 twice, and they were able to tell you the strain?

Then you are calling the CDC, NIH, and the National Institute of Neurological Disorders liars. Oh, the study for the below link on the NIH's site was written by Canadian authors for a Canadian audience.

It's never been said that if you don't have chicken pox you can get shingles. It's been consistent information for a long time, after the immune system gets done beating up the chicken pox virus, it hides in the nerves and waits for immune weakness.

Yep. I'm not 20 years old and I come from a medical family. The only things that change over the decades are the CDC, WHO, and the rest of the lot that depend on funding. The FACTS don't change.

BTW...after YOU experience Shingles at 17 years old and have indented in your brain how it happened feel free to back the CDC, etc., non persons having experienced such, and challenge my knowledge.

Last edited:
Yep. I'm not 20 years old and I come from a medical family. The only things that change over the decades are the CDC, WHO, and the rest of the lot that depend on funding. The FACTS don't change.

BTW...after YOU experience Shingles at 17 years old and have indented in your brain how it happened feel free to back the CDC, etc., non persons having experienced such, and challenge my knowledge.

"After a person experiences chickenpox as a child, the virus lies dormant within the nervous system and often never flares up again.
It is thought that high levels of physical stress, including endocrine shifts and immune system reactions, can trigger a flare up.
If a teenager has had heart problems, struggles with diabetes or chronic illness, these may be contributing factors that weaken the immune protection against the herpes virus.
Also if the teenager has had either oral or genital herpes, studies show they may be at an increased risk for a shingles outbreak."

So was the reason that was indented in your brain oral or genital herpes?

"After a person experiences chickenpox as a child, the virus lies dormant within the nervous system and often never flares up again.
It is thought that high levels of physical stress, including endocrine shifts and immune system reactions, can trigger a flare up.
If a teenager has had heart problems, struggles with diabetes or chronic illness, these may be contributing factors that weaken the immune protection against the herpes virus.
Also if the teenager has had either oral or genital herpes, studies show they may be at an increased risk for a shingles outbreak."

So was the reason that was indented in your brain oral or genital herpes?
Write back after you've a bit more life experience and less text book.

BTW, genital herpes is from a different strain or didn't your textbook mention that?

ODD that you'd even interject that...

Might you bear familiarity of such?

Last edited:
Write back after you've a bit more life experience and less text book.

BTW, genital herpes is from a different strain or didn't your textbook mention that?

ODD that you'd even interject that...

Might you bear familiarity of such?

Just presenting facts from text books as you were so good to point out.
Since you haven't presented anything but conjecture I thought I might provide information that is peer reviewed.

It was quite obvious. One causes diarrhea, gas, and vomiting. Another causes chest pain and shortness of breath. It's quite apparent they were different strains.
How long between first confirmed positive test and the second confirmed positive test? How many negative tests did you have in between?

Don't forget if they saved the first test Qtip sample to do a genetic analysis to determine if it was the same as the sample on the second test Qtip.

Symptoms are meaningless, there are many illnesses that present different symptoms the second time around. Should have seen all the times I brought home strep throat from school and when I "shared the love" my sister got scarlatina, not strep throat. And many different things that have identical symptoms to each other.

My grandma got shingles on her shoulder/upper back when I was a kid and said it hurt way, way way more than the time she got chomped on the foot by a big ass cottonmouth. The shingles episode was also how she learned the hard way that she's violently allergic to hydrocodone 💯💯💯 XXXXXL yikes and fuck allat, says I

Just presenting facts from text books as you were so good to point out.
Since you haven't presented anything but conjecture I thought I might provide information that is peer reviewed.
It's cool. I was sort of a bitch in my response. I apologize. I guess I still get upset at what I went through as a teenager. It was likely one of the worst things a teenager can go through. It practically "ate' my face. It's like a acid burn that keeps spreading and incredibly painful even many years later.

Back