COVID-19 CoVID Vaccine side effects

How long between first confirmed positive test and the second confirmed positive test? How many negative tests did you have in between?
The first time around was last December, prior to anybody knowing anything about Covid. I had a fever and what felt like broken ribs and my lungs hurt very badly. I couldn't breathe in without excruciating pain. It went away after a couple of days. The second time was months later and that was with crushing headaches and what my doctor referred to as covid eyes. They we're scary red and felt like sandpaper. I had one test but got five different results under five different numbers but on my name, which makes absolutely no sense. 2 were positive and 3 were negative SO that tells me the testing isn't exactly reliable. When going to CVS to get the test I dropped the vial of liquid on the floor of the car and it spilled out. The representative at the pharmacy said that it's okay, I knew it wasn't but had set in line for 45 minutes waiting and another 30ish minutes waiting for them to see if they could get another vial for me, which they could not. That instance lasted quite a bit longer than the December episode. Vision was all whacked and headache beyond description. Still, with the exception of "covid eyes", as doctor called them (they were hideous..
I took selfie and actually scared myself looking at eyes), I cannot say it was worse than any flu I've ever had.

It's cool. I was sort of a bitch in my response. I apologize. I guess I still get upset at what I went through as a teenager. It was likely one of the worst things a teenager can go through. It practically "ate' my face. It's like a acid burn that keeps spreading and incredibly painful even many years later.

Yeah, a friend of mine had it and said it was one of the most miserable experience he ever went through.
Sorry you had that happen.

Last edited:
The first time around was last December, prior to anybody knowing anything about Covid. I had a fever and what felt like broken ribs and my lungs hurt very badly. I couldn't breathe in without excruciating pain. It went away after a couple of days. The second time was months later and that was with crushing headaches and what my doctor referred to as covid eyes. They we're scary red and felt like sandpaper. I had one test but got five different results under five different numbers but on my name, which makes absolutely no sense. 2 were positive and 3 were negative SO that tells me the testing isn't exactly reliable. When going to CVS to get the test I dropped the vial of liquid on the floor of the car and it spilled out. The representative at the pharmacy said that it's okay, I knew it wasn't but had set in line for 45 minutes waiting and another 30ish minutes waiting for them to see if they could get another vial for me, which they could not. That instance lasted quite a bit longer than the December episode. Vision was all whacked and headache beyond description. Still, with the exception of "covid eyes", as doctor called them (they were hideous..
I took selfie and actually scared myself looking at eyes), I cannot say it was worse than any flu I've ever had.
The one in December could have been anything. Many viruses have those symptoms. No Covid test so no way of knowing. Second one sounds iffy as well. Was that the one with the vomiting, gas, and diarrhea? Plus crushing headache and sandpaper eyes? That all sounds dreadful. Yeah thanks, but I'll pass.

So you had no test and you are self-diagnosing months after the fact, and you are also self-disgnosing genetic make-up?

No, not buying it.

So you had no test and you are self-diagnosing months after the fact, and you are also self-disgnosing genetic make-up?

No, not buying it.
No. My physician diagnosed. The second time the symptoms were OBVIOUS but Target required clear test before returning to work so I got one (knowing full well they are sloppily done and unreliable) and as stated, got multiple results back. When symptoms waned I provided the clear result to Target.

I've no interest in lying or making things up but thank you for your intimation of deception (for what ever reason).

Oh, BTW, of course I know my genetic makeup. I thought it was common for people to look into that. It's a good idea to so one can be proactive about their health. You might want to look into it.

Last edited:
The one in December could have been anything. Many viruses have those symptoms. No Covid test so no way of knowing. Second one sounds iffy as well. Was that the one with the vomiting, gas, and diarrhea? Plus crushing headache and sandpaper eyes? That all sounds dreadful. Yeah thanks, but I'll pass.
Yeah, in December no one was paying any attention to covid. I just know it was one very strange "illness'.

Second time it was very obvious that it was the virus. The vision and ugly eyes don't match anything other than 19 (there are many flus labeled covid).

It's all good now. I stayed away from people and got food and such delivered as I respect others and wouldn't take a chance on spreading it to anybody else. The worst part, as I said, were the eyes and headache and scary degradation of vision and I would keep on getting some kind of strange mucus coming up in my throat and coughing. Felt like it was hard to get air.

All good now :)

No. My physician diagnosed. The second time the symptoms were OBVIOUS but Target required clear test before returning to work so I got one (knowing full well they are sloppily done and unreliable) and as stated, got multiple results back. When symptoms waned I provided the clear result to Target.

I've no interest in lying or making things up but thank you for your intimation of deception (for what ever reason).

Oh, BTW, of course I know my genetic makeup. I thought it was common for people to look into that. It's a good idea to so one can be proactive about their health. You might want to look into it.
First of all, I didn't say your genetic makeup. I said the virus' genetic makeup. Unless you are running a lab in your basement or was provided raw data paperwork from a lab doing genetic research, you don't know they were different strains. You are making it up. Symptoms mean nothing in determining differences in the RNA structure, and you should know that.

You have said so many fantastical things this thread it's crazy. It's a guarantee you've had COVID-19 twice, even though you have no verifying lab work to say that yes, that bit of RNA was at crazy high levels in your body. It's a guarantee they were different, even though no genetic comparison was made. Your medical textbooks that you are an expert in say that you can't get shingles if you've had chicken pox, even though multiple research studies for multiple countries say the opposite.

You clearly have an ax to grind, to be medically special in a bad way. Fine, throw out all that bad medical information. But be aware that other people see recognize bad information too, not just me.

got Flu shots from a drunk Navy corpsman going up on Captain's Mast so bring it. Got some weird freaky shots when going over to uh… someplace. so some whipped up in record time shot that has the potential to keep me from getting the 'rona is child's play

Got some weird freaky shots when going over to uh… someplace.
I didn't even go anywhere and I got freaky shots. I didn't even know there were vaccines against bacteria until I started googling the vaccine names in my shot record.

First of all, I didn't say your genetic makeup. I said the virus' genetic makeup. Unless you are running a lab in your basement or was provided raw data paperwork from a lab doing genetic research, you don't know they were different strains. You are making it up. Symptoms mean nothing in determining differences in the RNA structure, and you should know that.

You have said so many fantastical things this thread it's crazy. It's a guarantee you've had COVID-19 twice, even though you have no verifying lab work to say that yes, that bit of RNA was at crazy high levels in your body. It's a guarantee they were different, even though no genetic comparison was made. Your medical textbooks that you are an expert in say that you can't get shingles if you've had chicken pox, even though multiple research studies for multiple countries say the opposite.

You clearly have an ax to grind, to be medically special in a bad way. Fine, throw out all that bad medical information. But be aware that other people see recognize bad information too, not just me.
Ok.

Be happy with your analysis. Take care now.

How long between first confirmed positive test and the second confirmed positive test? How many negative tests did you have in between?
I didn't get a dozen tests! Who on the hell stands around getting a billion tests?

I think you are just being argumentative.
It's a stupid virus. I had it twice. It's gone.

End of discussion of that.

Gimmeabreak

You cannot say you had it twice unless you had two different positive tests with negative tests inbetween. And you stated that one "case" was not tested, so zero proof it was Covid and not anything else. No testing to ensure it was even Covid, no testing to confirm infection, no genetic testing on the non-existent tests to confirm mutation.

I didn't get a dozen tests! Who on the hell stands around getting a billion tests?

I think you are just being argumentative.
It's a stupid virus. I had it twice. It's gone.

End of discussion of that.

Gimmeabreak
You said you had it twice. I was wondering how long in between, because some think that two separate cases may be actually one long one. This was before you confirmed that you were self-diagnosed for the first one, which means you had no test. I was wondering if you had tested negative in between, because protocol is obviously that you get a negative test before coming out of quarantine. Since your first illness was self-diagnosed, none of that would apply.

Give ME a break. You answered the question a while ago, I don't know why you are railing against it now.

I enjoyed working there with the original mgmt team. Finally a gig with little to no decision making, not much responsibility and very little stress. We just did the shit we were told to do (and how to do it) then leave. I NEVER brought the job home with me, I did for decades with other gigs.

Never had the flu. Shot every year. 1 day of minor soreness in the right sculpted python, no other aftereffects. Some folks do have reactions.

For those over 50 it's a wise move to get the shingles vaccination. No side effects. Captains orders.
I appreciate the advice for getting the shingles vaccine, but there definitely can be side effects. Got my second dose recently and, unlike every single other time I've been vaccinated for anything (well, at least since I've been old enough to know), I definitely had side effects. Even though I'd been given an advisory sheet of paper warning about a significant percentage of people experiencing side effects, I sort of blew it off, thinking that wouldn't be me. Wrong! I was on the couch for more than a day with vomiting, chills, and fever.
All that said, I'd still get vaccinated for the protection for the rest of my life.
And even if the covid vaccine isn't lifelong and even if I experience side effects, I'll still get the two jabs in the arm because I do not want to be sick with that. I'm less afraid of dying of it now that we have treatments - as long as a hospital bed is available - but the long-hauler syndrome is worrisome. There's a whole lot we don't know about this disease yet and I don't particularly want to be a patient who provides more information, thanks anyway. I'd rather just stay healthy.

I'm still trying to tell my adult daughter with a severe needle phobia that she will get it, no compromise, no refusal. She understands the theoretical risk but no imotional impact, she also is terrified of medical personnel with sharp pointy objects.

Back