Archived Craziest things you've found stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A $40 lego set...empty box sitting on the shelf. Probably opened and contents dumped into a purse.

I found an empty breast pump box one time. They had packaged and placed the box back perfectly but I had to pick up the box to place some reshop and it was too light.

People picking slashed and torn infant displays out of the open-top behind the store. I'll usually just stand in the receiving door and watch them till they see me, then pull out my phone and pretend to call a short 3-digit number. Last time it was a lady that had a baby gate display sitting on top of her sedan. It happened to start raining as she was grabbing more, she looks around, sees me and jumps in her car and drives off, letting the gate slide and bounce off her trunk

I found an empty breast pump box one time. They had packaged and placed the box back perfectly but I had to pick up the box to place some reshop and it was too light.

We have someone who has figured out how to open just about make up in a box steal the stuff inside and replace the box on the shelf without tearing up the box. We now have to take out and basically shake all the boxed make up you can't see the product in cause it might be empty..

I don't blame the lady to trying to take a metal baby gate - those are expensive! I would grab that if I saw it on top of a dumpster.. Order the mount hardware off amazon and you get a cheap decent gate or a quick $20 at a garage sale.

One of my cart attendants saw someone leaving with a cart full of label strips that pricing was working on. She also grabbed some patio cushions for herself and bolted.

One of my cart attendants saw someone leaving with a cart full of label strips that pricing was working on. She also grabbed some patio cushions for herself and bolted.

Wasn't stolen, but one older guy asked me how much we were selling peghooks for. We had this conversation.

"How much is this? (He says, putting his hand on an empty peghook)"
"... the peghook?"
"Yeah!"
"... we don't sell those."
"Oh, that's too bad, it's really nice!"

I found an entire full of Birth Control pills, (literally to the brim) of Birth Control pills abandoned in Market at 10pm on a night I closed once.

I saw it and thought, this is insanely unusual, or it is Plano.

Plan B is kept behind the counter at pharmacy too so don't know how either of those would've been sitting out.
As of at least a few years ago, per the FDA it's supposed to be stocked on the shelves and available with no restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back