Archived Cuts to AP and DFM's

Status
Not open for further replies.
No cuts to store structure. GAPTLs are transitioning to a "Market AP Leader" or something like that not entirely sure what will change. Some APBP's are possibly going away and the others left over in the group will pick up the open district. Investigation Team leaders are going bye bye for most groups but not higher risk groups. Not sure about the rest.

Last edited:
No cuts to store structure. GAPTLs are transitioning to a "Market AP Leader" or something like that not entirely sure what will change. APBP's are possibly going away. I have heard they are sticking around and that they are going away. Investigation Team leaders are going bye bye. Not sure about the rest.

Sounds like the APBP may be just be getting downsized like DFM's. Wow...this really sucks.. also the ITL's... whos going to run the techs now? This is stupid.

I havent heard anything about the investigations center structure. The ITL ran the investigators for the group. The one that runs the ICs are the Investigations Center Operations Leader. What I have been told is that they are trying to get more resources back to the stores to try and combat the increased theft/shortage.

Last edited:
I havent heard anything about the investigations center structure. The ITL ran the investigators for the group. The one that runs the ICs are the Investigations Center Operations Leader.

Actually thanks for correcting me. I ALWAYS get the ICOL and ITL mixed together being that when I do see them they are usually together.

I havent heard anything about the investigations center structure. The ITL ran the investigators for the group. The one that runs the ICs are the Investigations Center Operations Leader. What I have been told is that they are trying to get more resources back to the stores to try and combat the increased theft/shortage.

I highly doubt that considering they cut $11million from TPS payroll for next year. All stores with APTLs will have zero TPS hours (no more "APL" position). Most stores will see cuts to TPS payroll.

I highly doubt that considering they cut $11million from TPS payroll for next year. All stores with APTLs will have zero TPS hours (no more "APL" position). Most stores will see cuts to TPS payroll.

Blasphemy.
Lol where did you hear these facts from?

Blasphemy.
Lol where did you hear these facts from?

Freely available on SharePoint. They're also reducing the number of Theft Org Charts from 13 to 10 and inverting the risk levels. 13 used to be least risky, now 10 is most risky. Charts 1-3 will have zero APS hours. 4 and up will have some APS hours.

Every APL will change job code to APTL soon. This is so there isnt a difference at the store level between APLs and TLs as far as I know. Just because we will now be APTLs doesn't mean we are getting TPS hours.

My name is under the TPS guy on our schedule and I noticed his hours drop from 50 to 40 this past week, to 30 next week. And we just lost an AP recently. He'd been in AP for less than a year. Today, I called AP into the fitting room for a couple of things today and he was all "you don't have to call about tags and stuff anymore. No one cares. No one's checking the fitting room. They don't care about the losses, here." Idk what's going on in the rest of the store as far as asset protection goes, but he doesn't seem optimistic about his job... and I don't blame him.

My name is under the TPS guy on our schedule and I noticed his hours drop from 50 to 40 this past week, to 30 next week. And we just lost an AP recently. He'd been in AP for less than a year. Today, I called AP into the fitting room for a couple of things today and he was all "you don't have to call about tags and stuff anymore. No one cares. No one's checking the fitting room. They don't care about the losses, here." Idk what's going on in the rest of the store as far as asset protection goes, but he doesn't seem optimistic about his job... and I don't blame him.

Not sure if you can infer anything from that, other than that your AP guy is poor on work ethic.

Oh no, he was the most gung-ho person ever up until this week lol. I actually thought he was waay too into it. (I hope that's not offensive) And he actually seems sad about the changes. But also, I've noticed that the etl-ap doesn't care anymore. I give her tags and she's just like "okay" no questions about the last time the fitting room was checked or anything. I found a box of shoes with someone's old dirty boots in em instead of what should've been there and she was just like "someone may have mistakenly left them. We don't know if they stole them. Just toss the box if no one picks it up at the end of the night." Like, no one is coming back for those boots, dummy. They walked out with a fresh pair of something. And my TL and ETL-SL are all "you don't have to stay in the fitting room. Go out and reshop. Come back every once in a while and hang stuff"

The AP guy, though, usually investigating errything... no matter how small, so I always call him for stuff. God, I hate that I just defended that man. I hate him. I don't think he even trusted me for the first like 9 months I was here.

Oh no, he was the most gung-ho person ever up until this week lol. I actually thought he was waay too into it. (I hope that's not offensive) And he actually seems sad about the changes. But also, I've noticed that the etl-ap doesn't care anymore. I give her tags and she's just like "okay" no questions about the last time the fitting room was checked or anything. I found a box of shoes with someone's old dirty boots in em instead of what should've been there and she was just like "someone may have mistakenly left them. We don't know if they stole them. Just toss the box if no one picks it up at the end of the night." Like, no one is coming back for those boots, dummy. They walked out with a fresh pair of something. And my TL and ETL-SL are all "you don't have to stay in the fitting room. Go out and reshop. Come back every once in a while and hang stuff"

The AP guy, though, usually investigating errything... no matter how small, so I always call him for stuff. God, I hate that I just defended that man. I hate him. I don't think he even trusted me for the first like 9 months I was here.

Some of that stuffs not worth investigating.

I honestly don't believe that Target really cares if stuff walks out the door anymore. They just wanna keep it *somewhat* under control so they don't have more theft than profits.

I honestly don't believe that Target really cares if stuff walks out the door anymore. They just wanna keep it *somewhat* under control so they don't have more theft than profits.

QFT. I wouldnt doubt it if they cut off the forensics stuff in the future also.

90% of it isn't worth investigating. People are gonna steal. It's part of retail. I just give him everything because he's so... gung-ho. I can't think of any other phrase to describe how into it he used to be. There was real, expensive theft... lot of jewelry packages found under clothes on tables, a couple stealing formula multiple times, cut spider wraps, xbox hard drive somehow squeezed out of the pack and threw the spider wrap.

There's a lot of theft through our FR, but I think they investigated the attendants vs investigating the thieves.

What's always interesting is busting a "Mom" walking out with her diaper bag loaded (almost couldn't zip) with Clothes...

Nope. I am being Demoted. My org chart follows along the ones who will be without a tps. The changes have until September to happen but they will be happening quick. However I am being offered many positions in the store. Which ever one I want I just have to go through the proper channels. (Interview portion) but they were very reassuring that it was just for formalities and that I would get whatever I want. We are losing 3 TLs and 1 ETL similiar to everyone else.

Really they are getting rid of some TPS?

This won't affect stores who just have one AP-TL and a TPS? I am trying for a position and I was told my by AP-TL. My HR person will be talking about it tomorrow. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back