Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we're gonna start selling CVS-branded OTCs now. All those pseudoephedrine medicines behind the counter; will they be Up and Up or CVS brand? Will the OTCs on the floor be Up & Up or CVS? Will guests be able to purchase other stuff at the register? Interesting how this will work out.

This is super awesome! let's face it. Target's pharmacys run at bare minimum and they are subjected to being fast fun and friendly... But pharmacists need to be detailed and not rushed. Target subjects them to metrics and red cards. I was reading something about this a few years ago, about how they were trying to pass laws against this.. Obvs they didn't. Some states you legally can't use your discount or get savings by using your red card.

Anyways, cvs is a professional, corporate has shown that it prides its customers health before money, I.e they no longer sell cigarettes. They staff their pharmacy accordingly, unlike ours which cuts wherever they can.

If Target does sell out anything next I hope it's food ave. God how I would love Starbucks and Taco Bell (or Pizza Hut) to bring in their own people... I hate to throw the team under the bus but my experience has been food TMs are some of the slobbiest and laziest. Plus being the loss leader that it is, not having to eat that cost and having rent paid for the space would seem like an immensly better decision,guess that's why no company wants to buy it?

Maybe renting space to different companies will become the future of retail. Food Ave or Market would make sense to lease out. I guess innovation in Target is dead. Instead of creating in house solutions they're partnering with outsiders and relying on them to generate revenue. Or, as many have speculated, Target sees the ship sinking and is trying to walk away with as much money as possible before it completely sinks.

My biggest question is how are they going to handle backups now. At most of the stores I worked at there was always at least a few other team members that were trained to backup cashier in pharmacy in case of rushes. Is CVS going to bring in their own non-tech cashiers to man the registers? Will they be better at staffing appropriately than Target was.

My guess is the branding will switch over to CVS @ Target or some such designation but what about the guests that don't really understand the distinction. They're gonna be pissed if there's backups with no one to help out and they won't understand that they're 2 different companies now. The logistics of this transition seem like they will make it a long road for both companies.
Target team members won't be backing up anything. The employees will work for CVS and the registers will be CVS. Also the guests will understand because the pharmacy will read CVS.

So I'm guessing no more discount at the pharmacy then right? I've never worked at a place that outsourced part of their building to another company.

Yeah, this confused me too.
Are they so hard up for cash that they are willing to give up the lon g term revenue?
This seems like a very odd business decision.

The Pharmacy generally is a huge profit center for any store. I agree, it doesn't make much since.

Wonder if we're gonna start selling CVS-branded OTCs now.
Probably. But would normal TM's be able to ring it up?
Will we be following/matching the CVS weekly sale cycle?
Will AP be able to detain for shoplifting CVS Products? (CVS typically doesn't detain customers.)
Will Pharmacy be expanded to add MinuteClinic offerings? Will Pharmacy have extended hours, to match current CVS stores?
Will Target Clinic become MinuteClinic?

So I'm guessing no more discount at the pharmacy then right?
Probably not :/

Cvs REALLY sucks
I'd much rather deal with Walgreen's Myself...

Bye-bye pharmacy rewards, too.
They might merge it with the "ECB" program, already at CVS. Personally though, I'd prefer Target Rewards...

who cares about your discount? Your fellow employees just got royally screwed by this company. On average the Techs in my store have been there for 13 years. They will be given the option to go to the salesfloor with a paycut and less hours or are out of a job.

I just can't wait for Panera/Starbucks to take over FoodAve, Verizon will take over Electronics, Lowes will get Home Storage/Seasonal, Ulta/Sally's Beauty Supply will get Cosmetics, Kroger will get Market....

Welcome to Target, the marketplace where all your favorite stores compete for floorspace in one big store!

How did CVS even get 2 billion dollars? They're like the K-Mart of drug stores. They make me feel like I need to bathe myself in hand sanitizer whenever I go in there. Hopefully this won't be as bad as I'm imagining it.

This saddens me for a few reasons, but mainly because CVS is shit, and also because they don't pay their pharm. techs very well. At least with Spot, pharm. techs are at a set paygrade with fairly decent pay (PG13 I think; same as a TL). Whereas pharm. techs at big pharmacy chains like CVS and Walgreens get a pittance over regular cashiers. An uncertified tech often may get paid just 50 cents or so above minimum wage.

Our pharmacy is scheduled to get an additional room/clinic in a few months. I wonder what this will mean for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back