Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did CVS even get 2 billion dollars? They're like the K-Mart of drug stores. They make me feel like I need to bathe myself in hand sanitizer whenever I go in there. Hopefully this won't be as bad as I'm imagining it.

Target annual revenue 78 billion, CVS annual revenue 139 billion. I had no idea CVS was bringing that kind of revenue.

That's correct. Also, according to the communication they will not be shuffling team members to existing cvs stores, but we will get to remain at a target store... at least initially

"At least initially ..."

Read as ... No guarantees whatsoever.

I thought they were planning on closing Food Ave to make space for in store liquor store.

At least that's what I heard......
This would only work for states that didn't ALREADY sell liquor in-store. Personally, I find my store's 1.5 aisles of hard liquor, aisle of wine, and aisle's worth of beer (not to mention our 4' cooler dedicated to local brews!) to be quite sufficient! ;)

I'm pretty sure I heard a cashier trying to sell pharmacy rewards as being part of a redcard the other day.
Well, that doesn't surprise me, but you don't get 5% off with your REDCard at the pharmacy. TMs get their 10% if they use the REDCard or other viable form of payment.

they should remove all Starbucks and put in Caribous!
This is probably one of the worse things Target could do.. SBUX makes wayy too much foot traffic for my store. I'm not saying Caribou is bad, it's just not known well enough to draw guests in.

I thought they were planning on closing Food Ave to make space for in store liquor store.

At least that's what I heard......
My state's liquor laws deem this impossible. Can't sell anything above low-point beer (~3.2% (last year, I had to do an MIR for aromatic bitters because it violated state laws, made me *shrug*)) in a retail facility and there can't be any liquor store chains.

A couple years ago, Costco tried to open a location that exclusively sold liquor but it was a no-go since they're a chain.

This is probably one of the worse things Target could do.. SBUX makes wayy too much foot traffic for my store. I'm not saying Caribou is bad, it's just not known well enough to draw guests in.

My state's liquor laws deem this impossible. Can't sell anything above low-point beer (~3.2% (last year, I had to do an MIR for aromatic bitters because it violated state laws, made me *shrug*)) in a retail facility and there can't be any liquor store chains.

A couple years ago, Costco tried to open a location that exclusively sold liquor but it was a no-go since they're a chain.

How do Sam's Club and certain Grocery Stores get away with it?

I live in MN. Maybe that's why.

And I love Caribou so much I wish I could open up one in my area because there is none!

Honestly...they should remove all Starbucks and put in Caribous! Since they're both MN born companies. :)

800px-Caribou.jpg

This is not going to fit in well at Target.

Target killed it's own Rx business when it chose to roll out that disaster known as PDX-EPS last year. My pharmacy lost sooo much business and the store lost business along with it.

At least this was the case for my store.

Last edited:
Target annual revenue 78 billion, CVS annual revenue 139 billion. I had no idea CVS was bringing that kind of revenue.
Me neither damn! They must be bribing people to invest cause it's literally crap.

WAIT A MINUTE.

What were the focuses this year? Oh, right, Style, Baby, Kids and Wellness.

We're getting rid of pharmacy and giving to CVS. To promote wellness.

Okay.

We went from one of the busiest and best rated pharmacies in the company (and the busiest in my state) to losing about a quarter of our business. Scripts were being double filled or not filled at all, lost in the shuffle, not being approved. Our inventory was always messed up. We never had what people needed. Couldn't get in things that they needed. The entire sales floor was backup trained because they couldn't fill fast enough. The pharmacist and techs would stay an hour or two late and come in early to try to make a dent in the backlog. We went through 3 pharmacists, lost several veteran healthcare professionals to other companies and turned over almost the entire team district wide. If you were LOD, you could count on being bitched out by a pharmacy guest at least twice per shift. It was awful. One of the worst times my store has ever been through.

Caribou coffee is AMAZING. Even their Hot Chocolate...you can have white milk or dark chocolate. You can have it with any kind of milk, even soy.

Starbucks hot chocolate is nasty. To me anyway.

I read there in Pilots under innovation remodels there was something called "health room".

They don't, not around here anyway. Only stand alone liquor stores can sell anything more than 3.2%

They have been trying to pass legislature to loosen up the laws a bit but I doubt anything more than beer will ever be allowed.

I love Sam's clubs liquor store. Since its a whole sale, it's cheaper and you don't even need a membership to buy!

I read there in Pilots under innovation remodels there was something called "health room".
It's a room where they can give flu shots instead of behind a cheap partition. Although, methinks that they knew this was coming and this is a lead in to MinuteClinic.

Target killed it's own Rx business when it chose to roll out that disaster that was PDX last year. My pharmacy lost sooo much business and the store lost business along with it.
You mean RedRx? PDX is an old, but universal system. I personally hated it, but it was legit. I did hear that RedRx was super glitchy.

You mean RedRx? PDX is an old, but universal system. I personally hated it, but it was legit. I did hear that RedRx was super glitchy.
Oh yeah, we piloted RedRx. It was terrible as well. Sounded great, but just did not work as promised. We were one of the few pilots. It did not make it to a company wide rollout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back