Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
who cares about your discount? Your fellow employees just got royally screwed by this company. On average the Techs in my store have been there for 13 years. They will be given the option to go to the salesfloor with a paycut and less hours or are out of a job.
There's a surprise.

http://www.startribune.com/target-selling-its-pharmacies-clinics-to-cvs-for-1-9-billion/307346171/

Is this what Target, who has been trying to squeeze every profitable cent out of its stores in the past few years, wants?

It doesn't mean that that 4.2B actually produced any profits for Target. The pharmacy may just have been a way to generate more foot traffic with the hope that pharmacy guests would spend in other areas of the store. In that case, let someone else (CVS) take the risk, while Target gets the shoppers?

Welcome to Target, the marketplace where all your favorite stores compete for floorspace in one big store!

From usatoday:
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

5 reasons why Target sold pharm biz to CVS

http://usat.ly/1JPTJQ8

"Chief Financial Officer John Mulligan confirmed the pharmacy business posted "modestly negative" results in the company's last fiscal year, despite $4 billion in sales."

That's probably the main reason. I'm pretty happy Target is trimming the fat and getting back to its core business.

"Chief Financial Officer John Mulligan confirmed the pharmacy business posted "modestly negative" results in the company's last fiscal year, despite $4 billion in sales."

That's probably the main reason. I'm pretty happy Target is trimming the fat and getting back to its core business.
That change is a loss for core business at spot.

Are you fucking kidding me? I have my tech in training certificate and they just told me a week and a half ago that they are going to transition me into full time Pharmacy. I am planning on getting my PTCB and now I won't be able to work in the Pharmacy anymore? This is fucking weak, I am so pissed right now. WT serious F Target, you just screwed me out of my future.

Are you fucking kidding me? I have my tech in training certificate and they just told me a week and a half ago that they are going to transition me into full time Pharmacy. I am planning on getting my PTCB and now I won't be able to work in the Pharmacy anymore? This is fucking weak, I am so pissed right now. WT serious F Target, you just screwed me out of my future.
There other options than spot for techs.

I wonder if the final contract will require CVS to keep all current Target location pharmacies open. In cases where Target and CVS are in very close proximity to one another, (there is a CVS about 30-seconds down the road from my Target) I could see CVS just walling up the Target pharmacy and putting up a sign directing them to the CVS location where they would get the ancillary and impulse purchases.

I wonder if the final contract will require CVS to keep all current Target location pharmacies open. In cases where Target and CVS are in very close proximity to one another, (there is a CVS about 30-seconds down the road from my Target) I could see CVS just walling up the Target pharmacy and putting up a sign directing them to the CVS location where they would get the ancillary and impulse purchases.
Great question. We have to wait & see.

I am planning on getting my PTCB and now I won't be able to work in the Pharmacy anymore?

I'd start looking at Costco, and upscale supermarket chains in your area... On the bright side, you'll have 6-8 months to find a job. It could be much worse.

Edit - Hospital Pharmacy's, might also be worth looking into. Some are even unionized.. ;)

Maybe they'll be merging! There is no CVS near my Target. But there are two Walgreens.

Honestly...they should remove all Starbucks and put in Caribous! Since they're both MN born companies. :)

Last edited:

I've seen it before. A subway inside of Wal-Mart and then a stand alone subway on the next block. Then there's the holiday with another one a block away lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back