Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today my pharmacist told me not to interrupt her lunch to reconstitute an antibiotic. She feels I'm still capable of doing it lol. We'll probably both be fired:rolleyes:
Ours have basically said the same. We are all certified (at least those of us who aren't grandfathered,) so it's asinine for them to NOT allow it! The couple times an antibiotic has gone out reconstituted incorrectly (or not at all:eek:) it was a pharmacist or intern who sent it out that way!!!

Today the Target ETL-HR was behind the pharmacy talking to me. Another tech approached me and asked what she was supposed to do because an antibiotic needed reconstituting and the pharmacist was at lunch. I told her that I would mix it and she looked very shocked. The ETL-HR said, "Good! Way to be bold. That's what I want you to do." That's what I love about Target. They care about their guests.

Love it or hate it, Target is a much better company to work for than CVS.

Uh, I'm sorry since I don't actively follow this thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned but after not being in my store for a whopping one week, upon return our pharmacy is now nameless with white patches and a brand new coat of cvs baby blue paint to top it all off. The transition has begun.

I remember a CVS incident some years ago in which a recent pharmacist hire worked for several months before they discovered she wasn't a pharmacist at all.
After that, every relief pharmacist at our store had to present their creds.

Hmm.. One of the reasons I left Market was because I was suspicious that my PA Partner was not an actual Human, but one of those Slothpeople.

Last edited:
Uh, I'm sorry since I don't actively follow this thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned but after not being in my store for a whopping one week, upon return our pharmacy is now nameless with white patches and a brand new coat of cvs baby blue paint to top it all off. The transition has begun.
Ours has had baby blue paint for a while, so I guess not much will change~LOL!

Now that we are a few weeks in, how are other CVS teams coping with the separate entity model?

How are others handling large Target purchases at the pharmacy counter?
Or even the consistent "I just wanted to buy this one thing real quick and the lines are really long!"
Guest assist questions for non-pharmacy related matters, or for Target weekly sales ads?
How about phone calls that end up in pharmacy for neighboring other departments?

Now that we can't ask for support from the floor, we just went through January (commonly the worst month for pharmacy each year), I want to know what general practices are being picked up with other teams to not push away guests and patients, but still allow us to execute our necessary job functions.

Here is an image of the CVS look inside of a Target Store...

Target_opening_CVS.png

Now that we are a few weeks in, how are other CVS teams coping with the separate entity model?

How are others handling large Target purchases at the pharmacy counter?
Or even the consistent "I just wanted to buy this one thing real quick and the lines are really long!"
Guest assist questions for non-pharmacy related matters, or for Target weekly sales ads?
How about phone calls that end up in pharmacy for neighboring other departments?

Now that we can't ask for support from the floor, we just went through January (commonly the worst month for pharmacy each year), I want to know what general practices are being picked up with other teams to not push away guests and patients, but still allow us to execute our necessary job functions.
Large purchases aren't happening, a few items, maybe, if we aren't busy.

Guest assistance? We have to call the operator and have them send someone.

Phone calls? We just transfer them.

Large purchases aren't happening, a few items, maybe, if we aren't busy.

Guest assistance? We have to call the operator and have them send someone.

Phone calls? We just transfer them.
This is the situation at my store as well. We've never done large purchases. We're too busy and don't have enough counter space. We have 3 registers with 2 will call terminals between them.

We still help people with most health and beauty items. We also answer most questions (if we know them) about other parts of the store. If someone needs a physical presence then we call someone from Target to help them.

The phone calls happen constantly. Most of the time they wanted guest services but hit the wrong prompt on the phone.

This is the situation at my store as well. We've never done large purchases. We're too busy and don't have enough counter space. We have 3 registers with 2 will call terminals between them.

We still help people with most health and beauty items. We also answer most questions (if we know them) about other parts of the store. If someone needs a physical presence then we call someone from Target to help them.

The phone calls happen constantly. Most of the time they wanted guest services but hit the wrong prompt on the phone.
At my store the CVS workers just tell them you have the wrong number and tell them to call back. They're hurting our guest service scores.

That's not cool at all. We just transfer them to guest services. It's easy peasy to do.
We were actually TOLD to do this. What irritates me, though, is when they don't pick up and it keeps ringing back to us. I had to apologize to someone yesterday because it rang back to us 3 times. I finally just transferred her to the operator. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back