Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walgreen's/Rite Aid was a MUCH bigger deal in the news! Rite Aid WAS the 3rd largest chain and they merged with the second biggest. Walgreens and CVS buying out people aren't news to most people unless is a big one. And Target is nothing in pharmacy land compared to Rite Aid's presence.

The other big deal with the Walgreen's Rite Aid acquisition was they tried to do it a few years back and the FTC denied it and now for some reason they are allowing it.

Also, I think people do pay less attention to news in the summer. Honestly if I wasn't in pharmacy, I may not have heard or at least not have paid much attention to either story.

CVS is going to be a whole new world for those only used to Target Pharmacy. Everything is kept track up, right down to how much trash they have to pay to be shredded. Your State license has to not only be on your wall but also on your body if a CVS person comes by to check. It's all about procedure there. I don't care what they say, cvs doesn't give a flying shit about their customers or employees.

I highly suspect hours to get cut quicker than a year regardless what they claim now. I'll believe it in a year when I see it. For my star business will drop. It doesn't matter how much they like us as people. There is 24 hour drive thru cvs basically in our parking lot. If they "have" to go to cvs now, they will go there for convenience of drive thru and hours. They will be treated as typical cvs customers, not how we at Target would treat them. They will then be further pissed at cvs and those who can will move along to Walgreens and Walmart.
I know actual store hours (meaning 9-9/9-7) not being changed for a year is in the contract. I also heard that our techs hours are protected for at least 6 months as well. I'm sure they'll be cut after that, though....

And I had been told they were claiming not to cut tech hours for a year, I guess they just meant store hours :( Like I said though, expect people quitting!

Anyone else notice our Pharmacy hours on the front door for Christmas Eve says 10 - 5? Typical for us is 9 -5. 10 - 5 is what CVS Christmas Eve hours would be at a n0n 24 hour store. I think they know we will be CVS by then! And I bet we are

Anyone heard more about when we drug test and when have to count EVERY SINGLE PILL in the pharmacy?

I would think these would both be happening soon

Anyone heard more about when we drug test and when have to count EVERY SINGLE PILL in the pharmacy?

I was under the impression that it would happen on the night of close, but we were told we're only doing a controlled inventory. I'd rather just get it all over with now than have to do it when I'm even more stressed and disgruntled.

We're pissed about the break room situation. We *think* most of our leadership won't really care, but we don't know how much they've been told/if they actually WILL care. I'm pretty sure they haven't even heard about the upcoming closing date. Anyways, looks like we should prepare ourselves to get a microwave just in case.

I was told way back that we had to count everything including OTCs because exact inventory was part of the deal. Night of close would make sense, but if that is soon as next week it should be scheduled. We will most likely need to stay late or at least have extra people closing.

I think if they are making a point to say that we can't use it, we won't be able to. Why would they say that if it's not policy for wireless and optical Target doesn't have to make it this way. I think it is CVS wanting it and will be making sure leadership sticks to it. Not sure why CVS doesn't want us back there, but clearly they have some reason

I was under the impression that it would happen on the night of close, but we were told we're only doing a controlled inventory. I'd rather just get it all over with now than have to do it when I'm even more stressed and disgruntled.

In the communication from yesterday it was mentioned that RGIS would be doing our inventory shortly after close of deal, in some stores the night of.

As I stated in an earlier post we have Target cashiers in some of our stores continuously to ring up non-pharmacy items, as the pharmacy is so close to the front, many use it as an express check out. In my state, by law, those cashiers are licensed pharmacy assistants. Some of our assistants have been offered, as there would be insufficient staff if only techs were kept, but I can't imagine all assistants will be held.

Target won't have cashiers in CVS, and I don't predict CVS paying to have their staff work as an express check out. It's gonna be a huge gripe in stores to tell guests and patients we can't ring up large transactions or miscellaneous non-pharmacy sales. We are basically asking for huge complaints.

In my store we are not near the front. We're right back by the break room though and employees think we are supposed to drop everything and ring them up for breaks. But we can't even use the break room. Good luck to ya, go on up front!

Customers just expect is to wring up their groceries and stuff. We usually do but at our discretion and I will be using that discretion more and more. CVS may discourage doing much of it at all.

CVS never uses pharmacy cashiers. Techs are the cashiers which is how it is at my store anyways

That's awesome RGIS is doing it! I had been told it would be us and it had to be to the pill on everything (RGIS doesn't do) but maybe they are just going with standard inventory. Almost wish they would do an actual count so correct on hands went into the new system

As for lockers... TEN lockers for CVS??
we currently don't have enough lockers for all the Target team members, even during the slowest times of the year, there is no way they will give up ten full lockers for the newest third-party.

Eating IN the pharmacy wouldn't be a big deal, but in many stores the pharmacy was an after thought and there is zero area with visual privacy from the patients. When we are slammed, nobody wants to try to enjoy their lunch with impatient patients glaring at them for not working.
Our Mobile and Boots employees both use our break room, TMSC for the photo copier, etc. Us not using the break room is just dumb. It's also stated that we will not be participating in Target events. While it is already difficult due to scheduling, it is sad we will never be able to do another high way clean up or humane society assistant community event.

Another thing not mentioned yet is that there will be no working at both companies. In the original FAQ we were told it may be possible to work at Target in a different stores than your home CVS, that has since been changed.

The only other major thing I can think of not already reported is that Target store leadership may contact our field leaders if service seems to become an issue. As the Target store cannot do anything as far as coachings, they more or less need to report concerns to our supervision as necessary.

Yeah, there is no privacy at more store unless we want to eat in the storage area with the vials, we will be being watched by customers waiting. No thanks!

My pharmacy has a microwave back where where their hand washing sink is.

We have one, but ours is for compounding only. Even though my pharmacists are way too lazy to make anything that involved, we have to have one for drugs only.

We have a fridge for food in the office, but sounds like we are losing that too!

Watch for a RGIS rep to be there for a pre plan.

The document released yesterday made it clear that CVS doesn't want us to be involved with the Target team at all. CVS probably insisted on us not using the breakroom.

I'm really sad about us not being able to participate in Target volunteer events!

I also have worn nothing but red and khaki to work 5 days a week for 19 years. I really don't want to have to buy business casual for the interim period until we wear scrubs. It seems like we should just start wearing scrubs.

We would just start wearing scrubs if they had them made in time! Which the obviously didn't! I refuse to buy anything for that short of a time period. I don't have much when it comes to clothes, I'm not spending money on stuff for work I can only wear a few months, maybe less. I plan on wearing my khakis and the nicest t-shirts I have, if it's freezing possibly a sweater. Something I already have no matter what! My boss has made it clear she doesn't expect us to go out and buy anything, just make due the best we can is what she told us to do. I'll save my nicest whatever I can find for whenever district and cvs peeps are scheduled to come.

It's clearly CVS wanting to keep us away from Target. I just wonder why? That is just going to make it a weird environment, and up the amount of team member transferring scripts out

Which despite the convenience of location for team members, I expect very few to stay once they find out they lose their discount.

They are making sure we are no longer part of the Target family and from what I hear we are not a welcome part of the cvs family. They are treating Target CVS almost like s different chain entirely. Techs can work at any location but CVS pharmacists won't be allowed to fill in at Target. RPhs will either be CVS or only Target CVS, no splitting it. Techs at other stores aren't liking our pay being higher or the fact we will have both cvs and Target discounts.

Yes, I'm planning on the same thing, khakis and a nice shirt or sweater!

I agree about team members transferring scripts out, especially with the lack of discount on their scripts. There's really no advantage to them filling with us, besides convenience.

I also think it's weird the separation that CVS wants us to have from Target. We already felt isolated at our store. Now it will be even worse.

Yes, complete isolation. Lunch alone at Food Ave. So much to look forward too lol

They are treating Target CVS almost like s different chain entirely. Techs can work at any location but CVS pharmacists won't be allowed to fill in at Target. RPhs will either be CVS or only Target CVS, no splitting it. Techs at other stores aren't liking our pay being higher or the fact we will have both cvs and Target discounts.

We had heard that Target/CVS pharmacists will be allowed to work at CVS, but not the other way around. I am presuming the reason behind this is that Target/CVS pharmacists/pharmacy managers are going to have additional HR/AP responsibilities in their own pharmacies that at CVS stores are often taken care of by store management, not exclusively the pharmacists/pharmacy manager.

In my area CVS pays techs more than Target does. We openly joke that we should simply quit and get hired at CVS for more money brand new than with our current time of service at Target/CVS.

That may be the case with the pharmacists. Thinking about it they just told us cvs pharmacists wouldn't fill in for them. In my area no one was asking if they could go work there. They all get more hours than they want as it is! They were hoping to get more relief not give it!
Shocked CVS tech pay is better where you are. Easily $2-3 less per hour at cvs here. Walgreen's is lower too so basically I'm stuck unless I want to go hospital which I don't. I'm a single mom and those shifts would suck at times.

What will happen to all the large storage bins the pharmacy keeps stored? Ours are in receiving, I think there is 6 back there.

We no longer have them. They were supposed to be emptied by Dec 1st

Legal records... Did they get transferred? I think they need to be kept for 8-10 years is what I was told at one point.

Yes, but they will no longer be kept in the store. CVS stores all but maybe 1 year off site. They will let more in store of law requires (in my state as long as you can access them they do not have to be on site. I do not know if law is different elsewhere). Regardless everything kept at store level must now be in pharmacy. CVS is not renting any space in stores other than the pharmacy itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back