Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been stated in today's communication that CVS colleagues will not be allowed to use Target breakroom. CVS colleagues may use Food Ave, Starbucks, or the pharmacy itself. For stores that do not have the first two, I feel bad for the CVS teams.

Optical team members can use the breakroom. This seems idiotic.

We have stores that have continuous cashier coverage in the pharmacy just for all the walk up non-prescription purchases. Since these come from the cashier budget (it's in MyTime under pharmacy cashier and is a different part of payroll than technician pay which is factored by different metrics) we don't know yet what will happen to provide coverage in these cases. These won't be CVS guests, so we can't imagine CVS footing the payroll to ring up Target merchandise.
I believe these positions are being eliminated. I could be wrong, though....

Registers aren't really an issue....it's a simple software update to make them compatible with CVS' system. It's really not much different than when we transitioned to EPS. I'm curious to see what the receipts will look like though....will they be 5 miles long? LOL!

It has been stated in today's communication that CVS colleagues will not be allowed to use Target breakroom. CVS colleagues may use Food Ave, Starbucks, or the pharmacy itself. For stores that do not have the first two, I feel bad for the CVS teams.

This just seems really petty. Are they going to haul the pharmacist out in handcuffs if they use the microwave?

I've been told there will be no cashiers and we will not be using Target employees ever as cashiers.

Wonder how they can justify the mobile people using the break room but not cvs. I just don't see a difference there'

I've talked with people that are w cvs and they were floored when they heard we'd have Target registers. All ours do with eps is mark things sold. Cvs you look up will call and more through the register. It basically is another computer functioning as a register. It will be interesting. Just crossing my fingers we are not one of the first to get the system rolled out do they can hopefully work some kinks out before it gets to me

We received several boxes of "closing day" stuff the last couple of days. The CVS issued blacklight for checking IDs and cash made me positively giddy! I wish we had one of those for every checklane in the store!

There was a "CVS Day 1" packet sent out Tuesday. There was quite a bit covered in it. Pharmacy cashiers were not offered positions. They will transfer to Target team members and not be allowed to help in pharmacy. Also, we are not allowed to use the breakroom and will lose the pharmacy office if your store has one. Mine does, it's where we eat lunch :(. CVS employees can eat at Food Ave, Starbucks, or in the pharmacy. Target will set aside up to 10 lockers for pharmacy personnel to store their belongings. There are some key dates that I will post here later.

Sorry! I just saw the breakroom thing was already covered :oops:

Last edited:
It would be smarter with CVS if they just had their own registers....it seems too confusing having CVS run on Targets registers.

I wonder if Target is going to let CVS team members in the break room and in TSC or are they SOL?

I think they should change out the registers too. We have a few people that are ready to jump ship and transfer to other pharmacies but a lot of people are anxious for us to turn into CVS because they are forced to fill with them next year anyway. We hope the business will be busier and we won't have time to spend checking people out at the register. Either way we will be telling guests that we are CVS and not Target and we are happy to check out their pharmacy related items. There is self-check out and other lanes for their Target items. I think CVS is paying us to do pharmacy not be target cashiers. In a couple of weeks, CVS is going to make it very clear that they are not a part of Target so I don't think it will be that confusing for guests.

I had an ETL tell me that the moment we change to CVS she is transferring out even though the team is staying the same, she doesn't like CVS :rolleyes:. Does anyone know if target team members will still be using Catamaran for pharmacy benefits next year or will they be changing to CVS Caremark? If CVS was smart, they would've worked that into the deal. I know that team members will no longer get discounts on their medications.

Last edited:
We have had a few people ask if we have become cvs yet because they were either forced to leave or have always had to use CVS. We seriously should have made a list! On the flip side, we have a few who can't use us after the change because we are no longer in network :(

What was the justification for the break room?

Did they say yet about closing for lunch? It seems like Ike this close they may as well go ahead and day it!

Team members and retirees are going to be up in arms when they realize they're pharmacy discount is gone. That was announced very early on, but no effort was made to inform then of this.

Most customers are clueless or it's been so long since it was all announced they've forgotten. Well over 1/2 of the customers I told rewards had stopped had no idea about cvs coming in. I heard a lot of we come here because we hate cvs but if we're going to have to go one we'll just go to the closer to home, open 24 hours, with a drive thru etc.

Also with rewards being stopped so later many people won't even find out that way. Plus all the Meficare Part D people which would include most retirees are ineligible for rewards so they won't find out that way.

Huge mess coming poorly timed before xmas too. On the btightside, we'll get holiday pay for New Year!s Day now

I din't think they've said anything about Target switching insurance. I bet anything they do though first chance they can. I'm sure it will be for their "convenience"

I know of employees leaving over cvs and even more looking to get out. Of course around here you mostly have Walgreens or cvs left to pick from unless you want to go the hospital route.

It will be interesting to know if the Pharmacist will be able to take a 30 min lunch break with CVS? I know several CVS Pharmacist working 14hours with no break...Also what happens to floater pharmacists being paid mileage. I know CVS doesnt pay any mileage...

Pretty sure they'll be kidding lunches and mileage goodbye. If cvs lets the Target pharmacists have those perks, all their other pharmacists will rightly demand they get those same things and lunch breaks will not happen with cvs unless it eventually becomes law. There will be nothing good come from this for pharmacists.

Not use the breakroom?! That is the dumbest thing ever. I suspect that will be on a store by store basis, and most STLs and ETLs would allow the pharmacy team to use the breakroom....especially the ones who are former Target TMs.

Not use the breakroom?! That is the dumbest thing ever. I suspect that will be on a store by store basis, and most STLs and ETLs would allow the pharmacy team to use the breakroom....especially the ones who are former Target TMs.
Yep. We are supposedly not allowed in "Target work areas," including the TSC & breakroom. The only reason we get to use the locker areas is because they have no other area for us to put personal belongings. We can't keep them in the pharmacy because of possible diversion. We aren't even allowed to take WALLETS into the pharmacy!!!

I agree, though....I don't think this will be strongly enforced other than on days when there are visits scheduled. I mean, Target Optical & Mobile employees are allowed in the breakroom & other areas, so why shouldn't we be allowed to as well?

Last edited:
Pretty sure they'll be kidding lunches and mileage goodbye. If cvs lets the Target pharmacists have those perks, all their other pharmacists will rightly demand they get those same things and lunch breaks will not happen with cvs unless it eventually becomes law. There will be nothing good come from this for pharmacists.

Definitely... CVS has double the metrics than what target pharmacy already has and CVS will no doubt reduce the tech hours even more... where slower stores doing ~100 scripts a day will just have the pharmacist working on their own. Thats how i see this..

What is upsetting many pharmacy TMs that I know is the "red & khaki" ban after deal close. Many of us don't have any "dress clothes" that AREN'T "red & khaki" & don't want to go buy clothes that we will only wear for a few months until we get the scrubs. For the pharmacists, it's not really a big deal because they will be able to continue to wear them, but for the techs, why go buy clothes that they may never wear again? Sure, they can go somewhere like Goodwill, but what's the harm in allowing us to continue wearing what we wear now???

Definitely... CVS has double the metrics than what target pharmacy already has and CVS will no doubt reduce the tech hours even more... where slower stores doing ~100 scripts a day will just have the pharmacist working on their own. Thats how i see this..
They won't be cutting hours for supposedly the first year or so....at least, that's what we've been told. Target uses 3 metrics to determine hours (total script count, new scripts, new guests)....CVS uses over 100!

It's mind boggling to me how many people are unaware of the whole buyout. It was all over the news for so long. How did they miss it???:rolleyes:

It was a big deal in the news 6 months ago! Then as far as the public was concerned it went away. They forget after that long with nothing happening and not everybody heard about it to begin with. It was a big story in pharmacy, retail worlds but to your average person, it was heard in passing and nothing ever came of it

CVS is going to be a whole new world for those only used to Target Pharmacy. Everything is kept track up, right down to how much trash they have to pay to be shredded. Your State license has to not only be on your wall but also on your body if a CVS person comes by to check. It's all about procedure there. I don't care what they say, cvs doesn't give a flying shit about their customers or employees.

I highly suspect hours to get cut quicker than a year regardless what they claim now. I'll believe it in a year when I see it. For my star business will drop. It doesn't matter how much they like us as people. There is 24 hour drive thru cvs basically in our parking lot. If they "have" to go to cvs now, they will go there for convenience of drive thru and hours. They will be treated as typical cvs customers, not how we at Target would treat them. They will then be further pissed at cvs and those who can will move along to Walgreens and Walmart.

It was a big deal in the news 6 months ago! Then as far as the public was concerned it went away. They forget after that long with nothing happening and not everybody heard about it to begin with. It was a big story in pharmacy, retail worlds but to your average person, it was heard in passing and nothing ever came of it
True, but at the other store I work at, some people knew about the Walgreen's-Rite Aid deal yet had never heard about the Target-CVS one??? I had a number of guests ask if the Walgreen's-RA deal was going to affect us at all that were shocked when they heard that we were being bought by CVS. They honestly had no clue. Maybe because it was summer and they weren't watching the news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back