Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's going in the same place as the current outside pharmacy signing. We had someone measuring the outside for the signing before the deal even closed.

My store doesn't even switch to the CVS system until May. Our Pharmacy Supervisor (former RXBP position) told us that our signing doesn't change until we actually convert to the CVS system. It's definitely weird for us to be CVS in name only for 5 more months!

We had to call the help desk today about a printer issue and they said, "well, you're CVS now..." So we basically won't get support from CVS or Target.
This is bs...they are still Target printers & Target is supposed to be supporting them and the computers until we transition. At least, that's what our DM told us...

So West coast pharmacies will keep running on Target equipment for several months??
I'm not sure...I heard from a friend on the east coast that their transition date is the same as mine, so maybe they changed the rollout plan from what we were originally told, which wouldn't surprise me. Nothing has stayed the same since Day 1...

everything is still under target system. It's very strange. I just got a prescription and it was billed to "target pharmacy" not CVS. As far
Not everything....it may still be under Target's system in name and actual claim processing, but we are able to now Fill for patients with Caremark insurance that we weren't able to previously. Some copays have changed as well because our network status is different on some plans.

I'm not sure...I heard from a friend on the east coast that their transition date is the same as mine, so maybe they changed the rollout plan from what we were originally told, which wouldn't surprise me. Nothing has stayed the same since Day 1...
Yes, this is very true! We've been getting conflicting information for months. We were originally told that we would be one of the first stores to transition, but our date is actually early May. That doesn't seem early to me!

This is bs...they are still Target printers & Target is supposed to be supporting them and the computers until we transition. At least, that's what our DM told us...

Yes. Target still has responsibility for our systems. CVS has no repair parts or service mechanisms in place for our equipment yet. I heard they won't be supporting any machines until their machines are shoehorned in.

Yes, this is very true! We've been getting conflicting information for months. We were originally told that we would be one of the first stores to transition, but our date is actually early May. That doesn't seem early to me!

I read the "Day 1" post on redwire that pharmacies will continue to operate as usual (Target way) until their pharmacy is "renovated", CVS systems installed, and signing is hung. Once the sign says CVS, the pharmacy IS CVS. Right now we have CVS employees who were Target TMs up until last week who still punch in on our timeclock but are totally alienated from the rest of the store. "Sure, you can use these lockers and this spot in the fridge but you can't sit in the break room and talk with your former fellow TMs like you have been doing for years." The whole break room thing should be decided on a case-by-case basis. If the STL says it is ok, CVS should be able to take breaks with us. We could join them in food ave, but in my store that's where the crazies hang out.

I read the "Day 1" post on redwire that pharmacies will continue to operate as usual (Target way) until their pharmacy is "renovated", CVS systems installed, and signing is hung. Once the sign says CVS, the pharmacy IS CVS. Right now we have CVS employees who were Target TMs up until last week who still punch in on our timeclock but are totally alienated from the rest of the store. "Sure, you can use these lockers and this spot in the fridge but you can't sit in the break room and talk with your former fellow TMs like you have been doing for years." The whole break room thing should be decided on a case-by-case basis. If the STL says it is ok, CVS should be able to take breaks with us. We could join them in food ave, but in my store that's where the crazies hang out.
And in our store, TMs aren't allowed to eat anywhere OTHER than the break room, outside, or in their personal vehicle.

Is anyone else getting crazy quantities of inventory? We received (3) 1000 count bottles of mirtazapine 15 mg today. We wouldn't go through that in a year! We're getting a lot of 1000 count bottles and our shelves are already crowded from too much inventory.

Yes, I was unpacking the order last week and I found that we were sent 10 qty 100 count bottles of a drug we keep in the slow moving section. I imagine we will be doing a lot of returns in the future.

I'll eat lunch wherever the fuck I want. When I'm at lunch, I'm off the clock and Target can't do shit.

So weird to see our Rx TM in business casual and a weird CVS name tag. Though, it still says Target pharmacy on some signage. Also I'm seeing new Rphs, does CVS just float them store to store?

We still have float pharmacists, and we just had a new pharmacy technician transfer in from another store. So you'll still see some new faces, but mostly the staff will be the same. It feels weird to not be in red & khaki. I also miss having a magnet nametag. :(

We still have float pharmacists, and we just had a new pharmacy technician transfer in from another store. So you'll still see some new faces, but mostly the staff will be the same. It feels weird to not be in red & khaki. I also miss having a magnet nametag. :(
We took some magnets from clerical for our CVS badges. Our Target team willingly shared them with us because they are awesome :)

Does this mean that just maybe they will have the responsibility to zone the pharmacy section now?! I really hope so, that is literally the worst section to zone in the entire store.
Also I work in cosmetics some days, which is right next to the pharmacy so I always overhear people talking & almost every guest was confused and pretty upset when they came in and their usual ladies weren't there (these ladies ALWAYS got guest comments)

Does this mean that just maybe they will have the responsibility to zone the pharmacy section now?! I really hope so, that is literally the worst section to zone in the entire store.
Actually no, CVS employees will not be zoning the pharmacy otc area. We still help guests there, but we are not allowed to zone.

Actually no, CVS employees will not be zoning the pharmacy otc area. We still help guests there, but we are not allowed to zone.
So we'll just skip the section all together & it'll never get zoned? I'm okay w that

Worse than seasonal? Or toys during Q4? And don't even get me started on softlines. It may be the most tedious zone in hardlines, but it's certainly not the worst.

So we'll just skip the section all together & it'll never get zoned? I'm okay w that

No.

Most of the product should be supported by zone-assisting fixtures like pushers and roller shelves. The pain relievers and children's meds are still a pain in the ass to zone, but we can't always have our way.

I'm not understanding your logic. Target only sold the pharmacy business. They are still very much in the health and beauty and wellness business. I'm certain Target is still responsible for zoning it.

Is anyone else getting crazy quantities of inventory? We received (3) 1000 count bottles of mirtazapine 15 mg today. We wouldn't go through that in a year! We're getting a lot of 1000 count bottles and our shelves are already crowded from too much inventory.
Yeah, there are a few items we've been getting a lot of as well, and no space for them

If Target chooses not to zone part of Target, that is Target's choice. OTC is 100% Target so it is the responsibility of Target. If you don't zone it, don't fifo it... you may loose sales.. CVS Collougues are not responsible or allowed to do Target team members jobs, just their own jobs. While looking out for the healthcare of our customers and thus helping them find producs related to their healthcare and telling them about it falls in that description, making Target merchandice look pretty does not.

So there is a sign on my pharmacy doors that say "Target Team Members Only". They need to fix this.

Idiot at fitting room this morning calls over walkie for pharmacy call on #ext....wtf? Sltl was not happy to have me come check up on procedure being explained to her idiots...thankfully I was near pharmacy so told them they had a call.

Because cvs stores carry other product target sells. Candy, pop, hba, etc. Mobil optical and Mobil don't.

CVS Collougues are not responsible or allowed to do Target team members jobs, just their own jobs. While looking out for the healthcare of our customers and thus helping them find producs related to their healthcare and telling them about it falls in that description, making Target merchandice look pretty does not.
Don't forget also ringing out other Target merchandise, whether healthcare related or not....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back