Archived dating between TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that company policy allows dating between TMs, but I was wondering how you guys personally feel about it. Some people I work with are all for it, some refuse to ever do it themselves but don't care if others do... Just wondering what everyone else thinks.

I know that company policy allows dating between TMs, but I was wondering how you guys personally feel about it. Some people I work with are all for it, some refuse to ever do it themselves but don't care if others do... Just wondering what everyone else thinks.

I think it's bad business, nothing good ever comes from this. You either break up, creating a dramatic and potentially hostile atmosphere, or you get married and you working together becomes a non-option (IMO). I see no reason to discourage TMs from being friends, but anything more than that is bad news IYAM.

:DIt has drama, self sabatoge, and bad idea written all over it. If that's what you are looking for, I would definately advise you to go for it. Be advised though, every once in a while it works out very nicely for everybody involved, I am telling you this only so you know THERE ARE SOME RISKS INVOLVED!:D:D:D

I'm kind of torn about this. I'm actually friends with benefits with my team lead, we've been dating on and off for 7-8 months, and no one in our store has a clue. I've seen a ton of drama though from other team members who date in the store and break up.They fight while on the clock, act like they're in high school, and I've seen a girl freak out because their boyfriend stopped to help a guest who just happened to be a decent looking girl. I think if you can be mature about it, act like adults and work together even if you breakup then you should go for it.

I'm kind of torn about this. I'm actually friends with benefits with my team lead, we've been dating on and off for 7-8 months, and no one in our store has a clue. I've seen a ton of drama though from other team members who date in the store and break up.They fight while on the clock, act like they're in high school, and I've seen a girl freak out because their boyfriend stopped to help a guest who just happened to be a decent looking girl. I think if you can be mature about it, act like adults and work together even if you breakup then you should go for it.

So if you act like an adult, it will work? Too bad 80% of TMs have the maturity level of my 10 year old nephew. Seriously, this is a BAD, BAD, BAD idea.

It's the oldest rule in the book of life.
You don't sh*t where you eat.
Sure, it might work out but if it doesn't life becomes a nightmare.

We had two people from our store who dated who have gone on to be married and have been together for almost a decade. Neither work for Target anymore, but they worked together and dated for several years before he got a better job and she left to be a stay at home mom.

So experiences go both ways. If you do date a team member just be professional at all times when you're at work.

Several TMs in my store are dating. A GSA and CA were dating and allowed to work the same shifts until she was promoted to GSTL, now he works pricing and HL. I met my husband while working in FA and he in Starbucks and no one has any issues with it, in fact at my store they seem to encourage dating amongst co-workers. All relationships are still intact and going strong.

I recommend don't do it. If things end badly, you're shooting yourself in the foot. Maybe if you're in different work centers.

i was talking to some girl for a little bit and just THAT caused drama.

if it is meant to work out, then it was meant to work out

i was talking to some girl for a little bit and just THAT caused drama.

if it is meant to work out, then it was meant to work out

People love to talk.... if your caught talking laughing with a coworker of another sex that look like the two of you could be dating...I assure that one persons gonna say something about it.

A GSA at my store was dating a TL. She has been promoted to GSTL, so it's not as big of a deal now...not that anyone really cared anyways.

I know of 2 relationships at my store. Team Leader of Food Ave and a Starbucks dude. That's not working out so well. I hear them *****ing at each other and the one moved out. The other, one our our cart attendants and a girl in soft lines that just got engaged. They have their moments but it's by far more discrete. Do I care? No. I like to quote my favorite line from my favorite book series. "Your life is your own, rise up, and live it."

I met my boyfriend at Target - I had been with Spot for about 3 years when he came along. I actually trained him to some extent, as I was busy pulling a brief fill-in stint on the Plano team. Fast forward 3 more years...we've been dating steady the whole time, we've lived together for 2 years and plan on marrying if either of us ever manages to get a decent paying job. Soo - it all depends I guess. Sometimes it can be ugly, I've seen plenty of couples fight in the workplace, which sucks. We don't ever do it, I just don't allow it. If he gets fussy, I just walk away haha.

At one point in the last year or two, we had no less than 9 couples working in our store. Now many of them have moved on so we're down to about 5 I believe, including my boyfriend and me. We started dating about a month or two after I started, almost 3 years ago. He was electronics, I was a cashier. Hilariously enough, right after I moved to Plano/Revisions in May, our ETL-LOG told BF he could join Plano (he had been asking about moving there from Flow for a while). Apparently the ETL had no idea we were dating, despite the fact that we have have lunch/break together every day and went on vacation together right after I moved to early mornings. Technically this is against BP, but to quote ETL-LOG, "It's not a problem as long as you don't make it a problem." I'm usually off in my own little revision world while the rest of the team is working on transitions anyway.

I was actually wondering about this, someone told me that dating was prohibited. But as soon as I started working at target a few fellow TM's asked me out on dates but I just told them no. Interesting.

My team leads have told me not to talk to "my girlfriend" at work a few times. Funny thing is my entire team knows that my girlfriend is not the girl who works in Softlines and we both have SO's outside of work. But our team leads always tell us were not allowed to date coworkers. Sorry, had to rant.

You actually are allowed to date coworkers, according to best practice. What's not allowed is dating your supervisor or a team member who you supervise. Of course, it's always good to keep it discreet but as long as you do that and as long as one of you is not supervising the other, they can't say anything.

In some stores (and according to the corny video at orientation), it's allowed as long as neither supervises the other in any capacity. However, if you were to break up, it could be awkward (or worse) to work with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back