Archived Dealing with a Dictator for a PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTGOz

Suitable
Been resolved, thanks for the responses.

Last edited:
That’s a whole lot to respond to, but in short: if you want to lead you shouldn’t be letting another TM push you around on tasks against your TLs wishes. You don’t have to be a dick about it, just tell him/her that the TL/LOD/other leader said to do “x”, so you’re going to do x. Let’s get x done, THEN circle back to “y” task.

Conflict resolution is something to work on and the situation above could help, but really you need to be able to step aside personal conflict and be able to put business needs first. Filling new freight and ours is more important than a freezer hunt. Don’t get tied up in other TMs B.S.; if they don’t want to follow direction, leave them to be performanced out.

Honestly, PA’s to me have no true authority over other TMs at all (maybe it’s different at a SuperT); therefore, I’d respectfully tell the dictator PA you’ll stick to your assigned task(s) and proceed about your business. If the PA gets shitty, that’s reflective of them, not you.

Give the man a raise! Finds the time and takes the initiative to get the worst area in the store fixed for unlocated items AND makes sure they got worked. I'm sure it sucked to do freezer work but those were highly vital tasks if you want to keep the freezer managable

Document events & talk to your tl on the issues. Keep in mind, that you were not helping guests, because you were in the freezer, etc.

So I see one TM who's in development and a second TM who may or may not be deliberately trying to sabotage our friend TTG. Your TL is either completely unaware of the situation (which I find difficult to believe) or are for some reason not getting involved. Is it possible that they're not intervening specifically to test your ability to deal with difficult TMs?

Also, you've now shown PA how to push your buttons. You need to get your own response to him under control.

Finally, if you're in development, your existing leaders are working with you on your skills, right? Talk to them. But make sure you are focusing more on your response to the situation, rather than whining about his attitude. Improve yourself, not knock him down a peg or three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back