Corporate Dear Corporate...

I believe some of the capacities are larger then what actually fits has to due with how quickly an items anticipated sale rate is. Take BPG. Cap on somethings are 500 but we all know 500 will never fit but it keeps the item replenished because it would come out in every pull.

I've seen just the opposite happen when the capacity for an item is that high though. Nursery water for example. Capacity is consistently way higher than will ever fit on the floor (let's say cap is 100) and because in reality only 20 fit on the shelf but the presentation minimum is 50 since it's based off the capacity, the item will never pull. The system can't recognize the shelf is empty since selling 20 doesn't drop the item below the presentation minimum. There could be an entire pallet in the back and zero on the shelf until the capacity is adjusted to what actually fits. A capacity set at 20 would adjust the presentation minimum to 10 so if you sold 20 it would then pull at least 10 to fill the floor, 10 more if you also had it in the back.

I see capacities of 2,000 for endcap headers when only one is needed. Don't think we're selling thru many of those.

Back in 2011 when there was the big scandal about Spardoe Farm's eggs and we had to pull all the ones we had off the shelf they decided the best way to get rid of them was to put them in the compactor.

Yeah, not really.

I had a great picture on my old phone of a huge yellow wave. rising up over the top of the compacter crushers and coating the walls.

Back in 2011 when there was the big scandal about Spardoe Farm's eggs and we had to pull all the ones we had off the shelf they decided the best way to get rid of them was to put them in the compactor.

Yeah, not really.

I had a great picture on my old camera of a huge yellow wave. rising up over the top of the compacter crushers and coating the walls.

🤢🤢🤢🤢

Yeah, not really.

I had a great picture on my old camera of a huge yellow wave. rising up over the top of the compacter crushers and coating the walls.
Thank you. This is the first time I've laughed about something Target-related in years

Yeah, not really.

The smell 🤮

I will say that at least Target's compactor has a deodorizer thingy on it. If you mash the button long enough you can actually fill up the backroom with that loud ass cherry sizzurp scent. At my old grocery store job we had nothing like that, and on those brutally hot summer days after it rained and the compactor was full of toss meat from the meat department, the entire store would be completely steeped in the stench of rotting meat. And when I say stench, I don't mean "stinky trash", I mean "corpse-littered battlefield" or "freshly opened mass grave." I once had the pleasure of witnessing the compactor pickup and seeing what looked like a 30 lb mass of writhing maggots come oozing out of the hole when they pulled it out, and I'll probably be having nightmares about that for eternity, so....yeet.

I will say that at least Target's compactor has a deodorizer thingy on it. If you mash the button long enough you can actually fill up the backroom with that loud ass cherry sizzurp scent. At my old grocery store job we had nothing like that, and on those brutally hot summer days after it rained and the compactor was full of toss meat from the meat department, the entire store would be completely steeped in the stench of rotting meat. And when I say stench, I don't mean "stinky trash", I mean "corpse-littered battlefield" or "freshly opened mass grave." I once had the pleasure of witnessing the compactor pickup and seeing what looked like a 30 lb mass of writhing maggots come oozing out of the hole when they pulled it out, and I'll probably be having nightmares about that for eternity, so....yeet.

Yikes, or drains on the floor. "Pour bleach on it." Great, now it smells like bleach and decomposing meat. My two favorite scents.

Dear Corporate,

Sit down with TM’s, listen, and watch how things are actually done in the stores before implementing more craziness and making all of our jobs unnecessarily more difficult yet again. Thanks.

Respectfully,
A TL that has seen too many bad decisions made by people that have never worked in stores.

EDIT: See below.

View attachment 6585
I feel like my first post here is relevant now more than ever.

lmao, speaking of kombucha, at that same grocery store one of my coworkers was a semi-functional alcoholic who would literally buy and drink like 5-6 bottles as a plausibly deniable way to drink alcohol on the job and take the edge off of his alkie jitters. Depending on the brand it can get up to 2-3% ABV (despite what the label says) and you can definitely get a buzz if you drink enough of it. But hell if the fumes that come off that shit are certifiably gag-worthy

dear corporate, I've just about had an assfull of this doggone it shit. If it happens one more time while I'm trying to help a guest I will have to make another post to bitch about it some more... you've been warned

dear corporate, could you simplify those "buy three get a $5/$10 gift card" promos? Guests get P.O.'d with us when the brand or size they want is excluded, only shown in teeny weeny small print. Excluded brands and sizes should be easy to read on the coupons and signs.
The signs are directly under the products that’s included. Granted, the ones that involve bounty and charmin are confusing as it’s specific sizes

The signs are directly under the products that’s included. Granted, the ones that involve bounty and charmin are confusing as it’s specific sizes
If only guests would read the signs more carefully...... not just the big lettering... ..:rolleyes: When there's a promo coupon for "health" or "beauty" products, it's not easy to tell what is "health" and what's "beauty", much less the small-print excluded brands like harry's.

Last edited:
dear corporate, could you simplify those "buy three get a $5/$10 gift card" promos? Guests get P.O.'d with us when the brand or size they want is excluded, only shown in teeny weeny small print. Excluded brands and sizes should be easy to read on the coupons and signs.
Speaking of these sales, when the promo is a gift card when you purchase a certain dollar amount, is that before or after coupons/cartwheel/TM discount/red card?

Before everything. Rarely will there be cartwheels on those items though as they try to avoid overlap. Also before taxes.
I usually have at least one guest a week who loses it because they think that they have met the requirements, and then fall short because taxes don't count. And no, you can't buy a candy bar to make up the difference, unless candy bars are part of the promo (99.9 repeating% of the time, they aren't)

Back