Archived Debit Red Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullwinkle72

Ermahgerd Terghet
So received debit red card on Tuesday, used it Wednesday(27th) and a few times here and there this week and it’s still not debited from my checking account? Called Friday to costumer service told me it would take a couple days but here it is Sunday (31st) and still no account withdraws?

Around the holidays and weekends it seems to take longer. Don't count on it taking longer just in case but it usually does

Yep. That's the downside of the debit card. I had several preChristmas purchases (like 3-4 days before) that didn't actually come out until Dec 26-27th and then they all came out at the same time. You gotta be really careful.

Which really is the worst.
I have a debit card for my credit union.
I bought a pizza and checked my account about ten minutes later to see if my paycheck had been deposited.
The pizza charge had already gone through.
There is no reason for it to take days for charges to go through.

Which really is the worst.
I have a debit card for my credit union.
I bought a pizza and checked my account about ten minutes later to see if my paycheck had been deposited.
The pizza charge had already gone through.
There is no reason for it to take days for charges to go through.

It's because Target isn't the bank account provider. They are processing ACH transfers and they batch them at certain times. I've even seen where I've made two purchases in one day and they combine the ACH transfer into one (makes it confusing if you pay attention to receipts to figure out what they did). It's a tad misleading to call it a debit card in my opinion. It's more like a check card.

It's because Target isn't the bank account provider. They are processing ACH transfers and they batch them at certain times. I've even seen where I've made two purchases in one day and they combine the ACH transfer into one (makes it confusing if you pay attention to receipts to figure out what they did). It's a tad misleading to call it a debit card in my opinion. It's more like a check card.

I understand that.
But doing it in batches that take days is ridiculous.
This is antique technology.
I still write paper checks for a couple of bills, (yes, I'm old).
They usually hit my account in one day from the time the company deposits them.

I understand that.
But doing it in batches that take days is ridiculous.
This is antique technology.
I still write paper checks for a couple of bills, (yes, I'm old).
They usually hit my account in one day from the time the company deposits them.
from when they deposit them.....so there's a delay be it mailing and/or processing time. I write a check for my mortgage because it's at a different bank and there's mailing time and then processing time. So it also takes a while to come out.

Last edited:
Right but that's why you are usually writing a paper check...for the wiggle room. My regular debit card is an immediate transaction. Even if Target's card operates differently, it can and should be tightened up, time frame wise.

The spiel I use when selling the debit card: "Target debit card is more like a check card. The one thing you will notice is unlike a true debit card where you see the charge immediately, with the target debit it takes 3-5 days before the transactions hits. That's because the payment is processed like a check. It is the least expensive way to process the transaction and for that reason Target can pass on the savings."

To me its akin to mailing something parcel post. It's much slower than first class mail and depending on what you are sending it might now save any money. On the other hand even a small savings over hundreds of thousands transactions it can make a difference.

I also believe Target's deal with the Credit card is for sub par customer service -which may be penny wise but pound foolish. I think they lose more customers to the card with that service than the savings justify. With the debit card as long as users understand how it works at least to me it doesn't make that much of a difference.

It may be different for you, but I know for me, when I FIRST got my red card, it took up to a week for target transactions to come out. Now, it comes out in less than 48 hours. If you don’t use yours as frequently as I do, the turn around time may stay 3-7 days, but I think mine comes out so quickly because i use it so much.

It may be different for you, but I know for me, when I FIRST got my red card, it took up to a week for target transactions to come out. Now, it comes out in less than 48 hours. If you don’t use yours as frequently as I do, the turn around time may stay 3-7 days, but I think mine comes out so quickly because i use it so much.
I am gonna disagree, I use my religiously and it still takes 3 business days. Never took more, and never took less. I definitely skirted the line though a few times when I needed cash asap. I think it also highly depends on your bank and how fast it processes ACH requests.

Always account for your Red Card transactions. Transactions can take up to 7 days.

With holidays, expect delays

The amount you use the Target card, or any other card, has no affect on how long it takes for the processing to clear. You could use it daily or once a year and it’ll still take the same amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back