Archived Defecting in mywork 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
My leadership has told me to override to toss/ESIM when things go in the toss/ESIM bin. I’m not gonna say I’m donating something when I’m not. That doesn’t sit right with me.
But don’t you have a donation bin with a label just as esim? Because if I have a bottle of shampoo or detergent any only the cap is damaged I do donate it. You just scan the bin for it .

But don’t you have a donation bin with a label just as esim? Because if I have a bottle of shampoo or detergent any only the cap is damaged I do donate it. You just scan the bin for it .
What labels? We have a bin that says TOSS & ESIM and a bin that says DONATE. What the sticker says is where we put the item

What labels? We have a bin that says TOSS & ESIM and a bin that says DONATE. What the sticker says is where we put the item
The scan base label . Not a sticker . Also there is a report that shows how much you donate based on that scan bin. Otherwise everything is just a loss

The scan base label . Not a sticker . Also there is a report that shows how much you donate based on that scan bin. Otherwise everything is just a loss
Idk what you mean by scan base label? We (my store) don’t scan anything other than product when defecting...

Idk what you mean by scan base label? We (my store) don’t scan anything other than product when defecting...
Your store or just the GS? Because everything from GS at my store comes to my backroom . And then my receiver does the esim sorting and all the donation which he scans it in

Your store or just the GS? Because everything from GS at my store comes to my backroom . And then my receiver does the esim sorting and all the donation which he scans it in
At GS my bad. We have one bin at GS for toss/ esim another for donate. I assume CA sorts it in BR

My leadership has told me to override to toss/ESIM when things go in the toss/ESIM bin. I’m not gonna say I’m donating something when I’m not. That doesn’t sit right with me.
Until 2.0 you shouldn’t have been defecting food at GS anyway, it should have been done through the mydevice with Qmosing and you would have made the decision yourself. Now woth 2.0 it still is the same idea hence the reason food is the only thing you can defect in 2.0 without being connected to the printer because it’s up to the TM to decide if it’s donatable or not. Food should never be overridden to toss because is goes against best practice. It goes both ways because when returning food it will come up toss automatically but you should be donating those items if you believe they seem fit.

At GS my bad. We have one bin at GS for toss/ esim another for donate. I assume CA sorts it in BR
You combine your toss and esim? Why wouldn’t you just toss it in the garbage at GS? And large items like diapers or other baby things that come up toss we just send back with salvage. Seems like a steritech violation to me to mix the two but not sure.

You combine your toss and esim? Why wouldn’t you just toss it in the garbage at GS? And large items like diapers or other baby things that come up toss we just send back with salvage. Seems like a steritech violation to me to mix the two but not sure.
You send baby stuff to salvage? Besides diapers ? nothing else from baby department goes to salvage .
She is not combining she said she has two separate bins .

So if you defect a lot of produce each and every day, no more than normal for mold and expired food, how come if I go find elsewhere on said item some of my local stores say like 500 on hand ??
One store still says they have around 1,000 peaches ohand, um we have snow that’s a summer fruit Why aren’t other stores doing defectives on their produce ???

You send baby stuff to salvage? Besides diapers ? nothing else from baby department goes to salvage .
She is not combining she said she has two separate bins .
A lot of other baby stuff cokes up toss automatically yes like cribs, gates, and car seats when returned unless still perfectly sealed. It’ll prompt “was this opened”

A lot of other baby stuff cokes up toss automatically yes like cribs, gates, and car seats when returned unless still perfectly sealed. It’ll prompt “was this opened”
And if it’s not per best practice it should be tossed. It’s for the safety of the baby

With my work 2.0 you are only required to scan esim items that you are not donating.
That’s not true or it would never come out of inventory. You still defect out all esim. Unless you are taking about the logistics process of scanning the items into the esim bin in rev log

That’s not true or it would never come out of inventory.
That is correct. Our numbers for donations and even ESIM are tracked when we proccess the defective not on outbound tracking.

When I took over receiving the previous receiver did many things not according to best practice. I had several hundred esim bins and pallet IDs in the system that were never shipped out. Of course being new to the position at the time I freaked out. But after a couple of mysupports and comparing my numbers for donations/ESIM I figured out that outbound tracking is a redundant app. I of course have been defecting properly, but I haven't tracked anything for about a year and have not seen my numbers plummet or be affected by not tracking.

That is correct. Our numbers for donations and even ESIM are tracked when we proccess the defective not on outbound tracking.

When I took over receiving the previous receiver did many things not according to best practice. I had several hundred esim bins and pallet IDs in the system that were never shipped out. Of course being new to the position at the time I freaked out. But after a couple of mysupports and comparing my numbers for donations/ESIM I figured out that outbound tracking is a redundant app. I of course have been defecting properly, but I haven't tracked anything for about a year and have not seen my numbers plummet or be affected by not tracking.
Never shipped out? Impossible your esim gets picked up by the state you live in . Esim is not target own is your state that picks it up otherwise you should have been fined. Look on workbench esim pick up and you should see the dates when yours gets picked.

So now that its been a month of defecting on 2.0 there are definitely pros and cons. One of the great things is that our donation numbers are increasing. On 1.0 defecting food would only go directly to toss. You would have to use the PDA and spend hours to defect to donations on large quantity of items.

Some of the cons and I do hope someone at corporate is reading is as follows:
1. The onhands when you defect on 2.0 do not show up until the following day.
2. The chargeback and AP defective report do not show 2.0 defectives. What report should we be using? If you make a mistake defecting an item and cannot read or scan the license plate, there is no way of finding the plate number
3. You still need to use a PDA to void items defected at a register.
4. You have overide to toss for certain items to be defected out as ESIM. If we are doing things correctly our overide is going to increase. I'm fine with that as long as expectations are adjusted to accommodate the change.

Anyone have other pros and cons?

Never shipped out? Impossible your esim gets picked up by the state you live in . Esim is not target own is your state that picks it up otherwise you should have been fined. Look on workbench esim pick up and you should see the dates when yours gets picked.
It physically gets shipped/picked up, but I am referring to shipping on Outbound Tracking

So now that its been a month of defecting on 2.0 there are definitely pros and cons. One of the great things is that our donation numbers are increasing. On 1.0 defecting food would only go directly to toss. You would have to use the PDA and spend hours to defect to donations on large quantity of items.

Some of the cons and I do hope someone at corporate is reading is as follows:
1. The onhands when you defect on 2.0 do not show up until the following day.
2. The chargeback and AP defective report do not show 2.0 defectives. What report should we be using? If you make a mistake defecting an item and cannot read or scan the license plate, there is no way of finding the plate number
3. You still need to use a PDA to void items defected at a register.
4. You have overide to toss for certain items to be defected out as ESIM. If we are doing things correctly our overide is going to increase. I'm fine with that as long as expectations are adjusted to accommodate the change.

Anyone have other pros and cons?
In 1.0 the button you physically pressed said toss but didn’t count against your toss override report like it would on a GS register so when defecting food on 1.0 it was really up to the TM to decide if it was donatable then they could donate it.

It physically gets shipped/picked up, but I am referring to shipping on Outbound Tracking
Than the problem was with your stl for not being on top of that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back