Archived Defecting in mywork 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that some stores have been having issues with the update, but is everyone else? I saw the daily download about the printer configuration, but I am still having issues with it not printing out labels for everything.

Also is there a new defective report we should be referencing? None of the items that are being defected out on 2.0 are not showing up on the audit list. Our store decided not to use 2.0 and are using service desk and PDAs.

I had an issue the first day but seems to have sorted itself out now. The biggest issue I have is that it will randomly close out for some reason. Kinda annoying but it could be worse. I think not having the option to reprint stickers or void things is the biggest issue. I also noticed that with food items it acts like Toss used to when you use override to destroy so a label will no longer print out.

As for reports I have no idea. I've never looked at the report before, is that only used for Guest Services? As Receiver I just defect things out and move on.

My biggest issue with defecting in myWork 2.0 coming from Guest Service is that it doesn’t always prompt for ESIM when it should. I had a leaking bottle of shampoo I needed to defect, in myWork 2.0 defectives it wanted this to go Salvage which is not even close to correct and there was no way that I saw there to change it. I could override it to go toss, but no option to force it as ESIM?

The POS would have handled this correctly. I think it needs a lot of work and more options.

If the label doesn't print are we to assume that it's been defected? Its kind of frustrating!

If the label doesn't print are we to assume that it's been defected? Its kind of frustrating!
While defecting mdse I watch the bottom of the screen. It will say " label(?) Printed " or "item defected". Whether the labels prints or not I put it in the proper box. With items that say salvage I will override to toss, a box pops up asking if esim item is open or damaged so I say yes. I'm not worrying about if doing this is causing more overides. I My Supported the problems and their solution was to make sure my printer is configured correctly.

It's going to interesting if I can void and return to salesfloor the tvs that my Pmt will be checking today.

Trying to QMOS with MyWork 2.0 has been hell. Sometimes the program won't update to a new item, despite being scanned, sometimes the scanner will stop working for mywork2.0 but will work in other apps, all of the options will be grayed out for some reason... just a huge list of issues I've had on every single mydevice in my store. The new programs are buggy and prone to failure. I've noticed a very consistent bug if you leave an app on for too long, the scanner will stop working completely and you'll have to restart the device.

For the move app, if it's left open for too long it will refuse to accept any carts you scan into, often the remedy is to restart the device, despite restarting the app and launcher. The new bcode on 2.0 is awful as well. I'm glad the Price Change app retained the old style for bcoding, but sometimes it will refuse to print. Sometimes it's the printer's fault, sometimes the device, but it's another consistent issue that's remedied by pairing a new device to the printer or opening and closing the Printer to reset it.

So, anyone have any idea why food being defected as expired is coming up as salvage? Could it be because it's supposed to be a vendor item or something? I've just been overriding it to toss...

I couldn't use the my device to void the returned tvs ( kept getting a error msg) that my Pmt told me was ok to resell. He was the one that suggested using the PDA instead. The man is a genius. It worked, I just thought we couldn't use the PDA for damages.

With 2.0 you don’t have to scan salvage onto a pallet or really any accountability now. Defecting now is simply just for shortage issues, Makinh sure your inventory is correct. You can just defect all you want and send it on the sweep. Verifying and auditing your guest service cart list went away a while ago and I’ll be surprised if the whole “close cart things” stays.

So, anyone have any idea why food being defected as expired is coming up as salvage? Could it be because it's supposed to be a vendor item or something? I've just been overriding it to toss...
You don’t ever want to override to toss unless it is physically harmful!! Target pays for trash and gets paid for salvage. Your store is tracked based off a toss override metric and the lower the better. Your PMT should be educating TMs on this. If it comes up salvage then it’s salvage end of story.

You don’t ever want to override to toss unless it is physically harmful!! Target pays for trash and gets paid for salvage. Your store is tracked based off a toss override metric and the lower the better. Your PMT should be educating TMs on this. If it comes up salvage then it’s salvage end of story.
Any leaking chemicals, broken glass, and cold/frozen food (unless your store has cold donate) should be overridden to toss.

Any leaking chemicals, broken glass, and cold/frozen food (unless your store has cold donate) should be overridden to toss.
Leaking chemicals can be sealed and fixed 99% of the time. and cold/frozen will come up donate and nothing is holding you accountable for toss/donate so it’s better to not override it and toss it anyway that way your store doesn’t get dinged all the time on the report. Before 2.0 Qmosing didn’t ding you whether is was tossed or not, you just qmosed it and decided yourself. The only thing I recommend to toss override is something that would normally come up CRC/Salvage but would be physically harmful. Donate and ESIM all go to vendor/company that can handle making the decision.

Doesn't salvage get processed somehow, though? Almost 100% of what I'm defecting is refrigerated food, should that be going to receiving? What about stuff the store is supposed to donate, but we don't have a process set up for refrigerated donations? Should I just let the system say it's a donation but put it in the trash?
As far as I know, we have nowhere set aside to store refrigerated salvage... which means that it would end up being tossed anyway.

We were not warned about the update to 2.0 and none of us have had any training on the pretty extensive changes, so we're just making it up as we go along. If it ruins metrics, well, it's leadership's fault and they can come to us and teach us how to fix it. I'd be happy to learn, but we can't spend an hour on a computer figuring out what we're supposed to be doing when there's guests to slice for, truck to push, and chickens to cook.

Last edited:
Doesn't salvage get processed somehow, though? Almost 100% of what I'm defecting is refrigerated food, should that be going to receiving? What about stuff the store is supposed to donate, but we don't have a process set up for refrigerated donations? Should I just let the system say it's a donation but put it in the trash?
As far as I know, we have nowhere set aside to store refrigerated salvage... which means that it would end up being tossed anyway.

We were not warned about the update to 2.0 and none of us have had any training on the pretty extensive changes, so we're just making it up as we go along. If it ruins metrics, well, it's leadership's fault and they can come to us and teach us how to fix it. I'd be happy to learn, but we can't spend an hour on a computer figuring out what we're supposed to be doing when there's guests to slice for, truck to push, and chickens to cook.
As far as I know anything that would typically come up donate you should never override to toss and just make the decision yourself. “Donate” it all in the system and then decide whether to toss or donate after.

Is 2.0 suppose to print donate labels? While I have been using 2.0 it does print ESMI, CRC, TOSS, and Salvage labels but nothing for donate. So I have been putting them in a repack with a sign said they have been scanned for donate and hopes who ever does out bound figure it out.

Last edited:
there's a reason it's called ESIM bag and seal. it's not bag and seal then salvage

also I'm not hitting donate then putting it in toss/throwing it away.
I’m aware of how esim works...? You shouldn’t be overriding any esim to toss is all I said. If it’s leaky or damaged it can be sealed and still placed in esim.

Is 2.0 suppose to print donate labels? While I have been using 2.0 it does print ESMI, CRC, TOSS, and Salvage labels but nothing for donate. So I have been putting them in a repack with a sign said they have been scanned for donate and hopes who ever does out bound figure it out.
It’s it’s food donatable it won’t print a sticker because it works the same way Qmosing did and doesn’t require you to be connected to a printer.

I’m aware of how esim works...? You shouldn’t be overriding any esim to toss is all I said. If it’s leaky or damaged it can be sealed and still placed in esim.
You can’t override to toss for esim. Overriding salvage on an esim item is just overriding to esim. I just called them the same bc at my store it’s all one bin (toss and ESIM) at GS, gets sorted by CA in the back.

Sorry. that’s what I meant, it’s the same button on POS (override to destroy) comes up as ESIM or toss automatically depending on item
Also directly from workbench “only choose override to destroy when the item is a Saftey or hazard risk( e.g., broken glass or biohazard material) using the override option for other reasons can result in significant financial loss to target”

Also directly from workbench “only choose override to destroy when the item is a Saftey or hazard risk( e.g., broken glass or biohazard material) using the override option for other reasons can result in significant financial loss to target”
My leadership has told me to override to toss/ESIM when things go in the toss/ESIM bin. I’m not gonna say I’m donating something when I’m not. That doesn’t sit right with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back