Defecting salvage manually

Have a few questions on the defecting salvage PLU manually on mywork.

1. The option for "where?" Is it asking where the item was originally pulled from, salesfloor or backroom loc right? I'm assuming if I hit salesfloor, it will remove the quantity off the salesfloor.

2. If I want to salvage out PLU item earlier than scheduled. What reason will I choose, Damage package, outdated, etc. Is outdated mean expired or no longer on plano/discontinued?

If you are talking about the hand sanitizer salvage you shouldn’t defect it nstead you go in price change and salvage out and put the special handling stickers on.
However if it’s not that and you do it because of inventory issue and nothing is wrong with it then you wouldn’t . Why would you force defect something that is nothing wrong with it? Why would you create a loss in margin? Target is in business to make money not lose it . If nothing is wrong with it you do not defect just because . And when plu goes salvage it will tell you where it goes . Defective means that , it’s either broken , outdated ( expired) ) nothing more nothing less.
But to answer your question item is removed from inventory even if you select Backroom , salesfloor or trailer unload .
And piece of advice check with your Tl and Etl before you defect plu for no reason because there is a report for that and Ap checks if .

Last edited:
If you are talking about the hand sanitizer salvage you shouldn’t defect it nstead you go in price change and salvage out and put the special handling stickers on.
However if it’s not that and you do it because of inventory issue and nothing is wrong with it then you wouldn’t . Why would you force defect something that is nothing wrong with it? Why would you create a loss in margin? Target is in business to make money not lose it . If nothing is wrong with it you do not defect just because . And when plu goes salvage it will tell you where it goes . Defective means that , it’s either broken , outdated ( expired) ) nothing more nothing less.
But to answer your question item is removed from inventory even if you select Backroom , salesfloor or trailer unload .
And piece of advice check with your Tl and Etl before you defect plu for no reason because there is a report for that and Ap checks if .
[/QUOTE
Mgt at my store got tired of seeing pallets of the bts stuff and wanted that space for 4th qtr mds. Was told to salvaged it out. If it wasn't pc salvage defect it. Told them it would be time consuming to scan and put the salvage stickers on every pc of mdse. Was told don't worry about putting the stickers on, they just wanted it gone. Was soooo glad alot of had upc and the counts on the outside of the boxes.

Back