Archived Did I get screwed over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm a new recruit and I'm not sure how long I will last but I have some important questions about pay.

So I was told I would be paid 7.75/hr and the sheet I signed during orientation said 7.75/hr, and since thats 50c over minimum wage I didn't want to push it (need the work). However now I am realizing I never got any copies of anything I signed during orientation and its the only documentation I saw that mentioned my pay rate.

When I clock in it says 7.25/hr. Should I be nervous or will this be fixed? Its the holiday season and there are tons of other new employees and I just barely got a scrap of paper with my number during my 2nd shift. I know it will probably take a while before I get a proper (card?) and name tag and such. Am I a sap that got screwed over after signing the paperwork or should I just assume management isn't out to penny pinch poor me and this will be resolved without my interference? Since I just started I am very worried about making bad impressions and upsetting the wrong people as I can get terminated anytime within 90 days. I already have supervisors trying to intimidate me over the redcard and I am all smiles and "yes sir" "yes ma'am" but it won't be impossible for me to find another job offering minimum wage, 50c/hr is a big deal to me right now.

If anyone has any advice on what I should do or who I should talk to please let me know. Thanks for your help!

I'm confused...why would it say your pay rate when you clock in? All it should say is your name, the fact you are clocking in, and how many hours you have worked so far for the week, not counting the same day.

The time clock might have told you how many hours you worked that day but not your hourly wage.
Check with the HR TM if you're concerned, they will be able to tell you but if you were told $7.75 I'm sure that's what you're getting paid.

Thanks guys, I'll check next time I work, hopefully I'm just stressing out about imaginary stuff :)

Well that's definitely not how many hours I worked that day or total, that sure would be a crazy fluke though. I probably just hallucinated it after checking out so many bath salts.

H
I dont guys I set a new highscore on snake on my timeclock

What?
Have you not played snake ever?

You'll love this. The only game I ever played was pac man and donkey kong on big free standing consoles. Probably before you were born. Lol
Ohh haha im loving this. I played snake on a nokia cell phone that everyone had probably before you were a blowjob. Lol

Try again, this time add a bit less stupid into the mix.

The first cellphone with a game on it was released in 1994. Pacman was released in 1980.

Of course you're getting screwed over. Everyone who works here is. ;) The timeclock doesn't tell you how much you get paid, though, just how many hours you've worked during the current week. You'll be paid the amount that the peiece of paper you signed said you would. Check your paystub after you get paid if you're still worrying about it. It will tell you your hourly rate. Or just talk to HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back