Archived did they change the dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of slippers since it was mentioned I know some team members actually do wear them along with shoes open toes ( accident waiting to happen) but again some etls just shrug the shoulders whatever etls say to team members that jacket isn't brand ( wearing a grey hoodie) but again different etls different ruleso_O

Speaking of slippers since it was mentioned I know some team members actually do wear them along with shoes open toes ( accident waiting to happen) but again some etls just shrug the shoulders whatever etls say to team members that jacket isn't brand ( wearing a grey hoodie) but again different etls different ruleso_O

Open toed shoes is insane. Some slippers have a back and I can get that but considering the equipment I just dont see someone working in flip flops. Even overnight

One of the PA's at my location wears Moccasins and nobody gives him shit. STL even complimented on how they looked with the khaki, so.

I seem to get away with wearing tan jeans, and I always wear a grey or black hoodie, over a red shirt though.

Open toed shoes is insane. Some slippers have a back and I can get that but considering the equipment I just dont see someone working in flip flops. Even overnight

We get vendors in flip flops though. "Get the fuck out of my backroom!" She didn't understand why her footwear was a problem. "That is exactly why you are being asked to leave."

as someone who wears a black hoodie to work i am offend

are we actually not allowed to tho
For tops, your outer layer is supposed to be red, whether it's a hoodie, cardigan, or just a shirt. No one seems to enforce it anywhere, though, because I see people wearing gray or black hoodies/cardigans all the time. If it's not a safety or decency issue, TLs and ETLs have more urgent things to take care of.

We had an ETL who would always where flats, like the super thin slip on ones. Which wouldn't be a huge issue if she wasn't the Logistics ETL. She ended up breaking a few toes dropping something on them, but even after they healed she went right back to wearing the same shoes. Regular sneakers would have given here at least a little bit more protection than the shoes she wore.

We had an ETL who would always where flats, like the super thin slip on ones. Which wouldn't be a huge issue if she wasn't the Logistics ETL. She ended up breaking a few toes dropping something on them, but even after they healed she went right back to wearing the same shoes. Regular sneakers would have given here at least a little bit more protection than the shoes she wore.

Cause more important to be cute than actually be able to work.

I did just buy some women's size 8 slim jeans that are completely red. I look dynamite in them...

Also, I obviously got them because I'm making an Artie, Strongest Man in the World, costume

Dress code was a small talk topic when I came in today. Our STL does not like us wearing black pants and rumor has it, he has changed our policy to only khaki pants, no black.

I'm confused. As STL, does he have the freedom to decide our dress code? I'd like to think corporate trumps him but then Target is always surprising me...

Dress code was a small talk topic when I came in today. Our STL does not like us wearing black pants and rumor has it, he has changed our policy to only khaki pants, no black.

I'm confused. As STL, does he have the freedom to decide our dress code? I'd like to think corporate trumps him but then Target is always surprising me...
Generally no.

Target has a policy that says preferred red and khaki. Key word is preferred because in some states Target would be legally required to provide that clothing if they mandated it in their policy manual. Other states may not and the store can require you to purchase those items at your own expense. If your in a state that allows employers to require certain colors or styles then your STL can require red and khaki.

Generally no.

Target has a policy that says preferred red and khaki. Key word is preferred because in some states Target would be legally required to provide that clothing if they mandated it in their policy manual. Other states may not and the store can require you to purchase those items at your own expense. If your in a state that allows employers to require certain colors or styles then your STL can require red and khaki.

Close, some states require Target to provide a red vest since Target does not provide a unfiorm.

No STL can make you wear red and khaki. It's in the company handbook that khaki is not required.

There are some people who do not wear pants at all on religious grounds, we have a middle eastern TM who always wears skirts. So Target being lawsuit conscious as always had to word it so you can wear whatever pants you want (sans jeans).

Lol I always thought it would be funny to do a opposite dress code wear red pants and khaki shirt and when I came in they say that's not brand and I'd say it is it is red and khaki I did it opposite lol

LOL! I asked one of our ETLs if we could have an upside down day like that when we had a set come in with red pants and khaki tops. Of course she was like...nooooo.... :( But, yeh, that would be fun.

LOL! I asked one of our ETLs if we could have an upside down day like that when we had a set come in with red pants and khaki tops. Of course she was like...nooooo.... :( But, yeh, that would be fun.
We've done it for the inventory overnight...amused ourselves more than the tls.

I was wondering also if the dress code had changed. I saw a service desk person with a sleeveless shirt on. I remember when the dress code said very clearly no sleeveless shirts.

I was wondering also if the dress code had changed. I saw a service desk person with a sleeveless shirt on. I remember when the dress code said very clearly no sleeveless shirts.

Our flow team loves to wear the sleeveless even those with no muscle whatsoever

After ruining pairs and pairs of khaki jeans with tears, cuts and bleach, I just switched to khaki Dickies... they're cheap and last forever.

After ruining pairs and pairs of khaki jeans with tears, cuts and bleach, I just switched to khaki Dickies... they're cheap and last forever.
My dickies keep getting holes in them above the thigh under the groin. Can't get a pair to last more then a few months, it seems.

Although I'm not the biggest fans of Target clothing, I do like the red shirts and khaki jeans they sell.

I've brought a few and they've lasted me much longer than any other brand.

Denizen jeans are comfortable, while still giving the look of khaki work pants.

My dickies keep getting holes in them above the thigh under the groin. Can't get a pair to last more then a few months, it seems.

I have learned you have to have multiple pairs and rotate to get any wear out of work pants, don't care the brand you wear them most of the week you will wear them out in no time. Or as I say, worn out pants mean you work.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who wear sleeveless red shirts.

I'm backroom and do truck unload on the back of the line. My shirts have holes by the armpits in a few months so I started cutting the sleeves off.

I bring an extra shirt in case someone mentioned something to me about it

I wonder what the physics is of wearing out holes by the armpits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back