Archived Difficult Team Members from Other Stores....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys. Today at my store we had a guest come in who was a cashier from another store in our district. This person had tried to place a store pickup for my store (notice not their own store) on Black Friday for an iPad 64 GB Air. As most of us know those are all on sale Black Friday and come with a insane gift card amount. So they placed their order and in the end it turned out to be unfulfilled as it was an iPad we had sold and counts had not updated yet. So team member from other store gets an email saying order was canceled. Today the team member called in and we had gotten the iPad they wanted back in stock. They immediately demanded the item to be placed on hold and that they would be in shortly to fulfill their black Friday store pickup and expected to get the black Friday gift card. My Electronics team member had no idea what to tell him so we put it on hold. When they came in as expected they demanded to get the gift card amount. I(The Electronics Team Lead) came over and explained over and over again why their order was unfulfilled. This team member made it no secret they were a cashier at a neighboring store and actually used it in their argument. They said and i quote 'It's nothing personal against your store it's just at my store we ALWAYS make it right for the guest. It's no different now, it's just that I am the guest." When i repeatedly told him no, he said to call my ETL-Sales Floor who he knew by name. My ETL came from the neighboring store I later found out. So while ETL was on his way he told me that he was either going to get the gift card or the 15% off his iPad from Mondays Cyber Monday Deal. I repeatedly told him that he had not placed his order on Monday and asked why he should be honored that deal. He went back to his argument of making it right for the guests. So ETL comes over and gives difficult team member the 15% off his iPad because in his words it was the lesser of two evils. I am jaw dropped floored. I felt betrayed, and that my ETL completely didn't have my back. I went back to my ETL and told my feelings when ETL apologized because he knows that team member, and knows he is a difficult team member. How would you guys deal with all this? I think this is completely not right and his store should be informed of his behavior. Especially since it's a neighboring store in our district.

I wouldn't have done it and if I knew what store he worked out I would call and tell the STL what he tried to pull too. I got a call one day as the LOD and it was my neighbor store calling to tell me how rude one of our cashiers was to her service desk TM demanding they give him a discount on something because of the vibe. They got his name and the store he worked at when he gave them his TM discount. I was mortified to receive a call like that.

Not a chance in hell they'd have gotten it in my store. We're less likely to give TM's what they want than we are non-TM guests in such circumstances.

I would have notified the neighboring stores LOD as well.

I did so a while back when we had someone try and use a bunch of coupons on the wrong items and then had me scan a TM discount card afterwards.

Hey Guys. Today at my store we had a guest come in who was a cashier from another store in our district. This person had tried to place a store pickup for my store (notice not their own store) on Black Friday for an iPad 64 GB Air. As most of us know those are all on sale Black Friday and come with a insane gift card amount. So they placed their order and in the end it turned out to be unfulfilled as it was an iPad we had sold and counts had not updated yet. So team member from other store gets an email saying order was canceled. Today the team member called in and we had gotten the iPad they wanted back in stock. They immediately demanded the item to be placed on hold and that they would be in shortly to fulfill their black Friday store pickup and expected to get the black Friday gift card. My Electronics team member had no idea what to tell him so we put it on hold. When they came in as expected they demanded to get the gift card amount. I(The Electronics Team Lead) came over and explained over and over again why their order was unfulfilled. This team member made it no secret they were a cashier at a neighboring store and actually used it in their argument. They said and i quote 'It's nothing personal against your store it's just at my store we ALWAYS make it right for the guest. It's no different now, it's just that I am the guest." When i repeatedly told him no, he said to call my ETL-Sales Floor who he knew by name. My ETL came from the neighboring store I later found out. So while ETL was on his way he told me that he was either going to get the gift card or the 15% off his iPad from Mondays Cyber Monday Deal. I repeatedly told him that he had not placed his order on Monday and asked why he should be honored that deal. He went back to his argument of making it right for the guests. So ETL comes over and gives difficult team member the 15% off his iPad because in his words it was the lesser of two evils. I am jaw dropped floored. I felt betrayed, and that my ETL completely didn't have my back. I went back to my ETL and told my feelings when ETL apologized because he knows that team member, and knows he is a difficult team member. How would you guys deal with all this? I think this is completely not right and his store should be informed of his behavior. Especially since it's a neighboring store in our district.

I would think AP may or may not be interested that said ETL knows said TM.

Did the TM use their discount?

I would think AP may or may not (Probably not) be interested that said ETL knows said TM.

Did the TM use their discount?

Yup they used their discount! The guest told me when I was checking them out that they would be using their employee discount and wanted to make sure I keyed that in.

Sad thing is that with such emphasis being put on making guests happy, this is one of the downfalls. I can tell you that in my store he wouldn't of gotten the Black Friday deal but we most likely would have given the 15% off since .com was down most of the day. I agree though like others have said that AP should be told about this.

All other factors aside, if this was a regular guest, I'm not understanding why the BF deal wouldn't be honored? If the website said that the guest had successfully "bought" the iPad (and I know the money doesn't come out until it's picked up, but still) and it was Target's fault for not having their numbers updated when said guest "purchased" the iPad, isn't it incumbent on Target to give the deal the guest thought they were getting? What am I missing? The lingo may be confusing me, brand new TM here. It just seems to me that if the guest knew there weren't any in stock, they could have tried to get a good deal on one at another BF sale, but Target made them think the deal was in the bag, so they missed out on any other deals they could have gotten elsewhere.

If the order wasn't fulfilled, we would not honor it at our store. This is a thing that our ETL-GE drilled into our skulls as Black Friday approached. Reason being; in-store guests get priority. So if they are sold out by the time the item is picked, tough luck. Also, you wouldn't honor the sale price if the item comes back into stock a couple of days later, even if they waited in line and missed out. Tough luck, quantity is limited.

I'm a firm believer in "don't $h!t were you eat". This cashier is not looking at the long term effects this behavior can have on there career. Where I live (cough cough targets backyard) there are a lot of corporations. It seems like every manager at every retailer/corporate know each other through linkdin. One bad rumor could derail a career in this area with many company's.

At Wally World I would have neighboring employees come over and demand discounts, do shady returns, or straight up be rude. Little did they know I had there managers personal cell number programmed in my phone.

I'm pretty sure our store wouldn't honor the Black Friday deal, but I know they would honor the 15% discount because the site was down that day. But most definitely let their LOD know. That is unacceptable behavior. Imagine what the guests would think if they witnessed that kind of behavior?

That tm had plenty of time on Friday or Saturday to get iPad. My store would be calling their ap or hr about the Tm. We would say no way & go back to your home store.

Hope they enjoy their iPad, because I wouldn't be surprised if it costs them their job.

I had a TM from another store go nose to nose with me about a month ago about something. The LOD backed him up over me...knowing full well I was in the right. Well, I pushed back the next few days because I was super pissed. The neighboring store's STL got not one, but two phone calls from my store's leadership telling him to be sure it never happened again with that TM.

Yeah, no. Report this to AP and/or Integrity. There's absolutely no reason that TM should've gotten either the gift card or the 15% off. That order is not yours until the confirmation email comes saying it's ready for pickup.

You'll have to throw the ETL that gave them the discount too into the mix. Reporting the TM from the other store is one thing, but they wouldn't have gotten anywhere if any other TL/ETL had come back to the Electronic's boat and helped them. The collusion on the inside to get the deal needs to be addressed.

? Key in vs scan card?

Afaik, key-in notifies your AP immediately, and it's in store policy/guidelines, some stores don't even allow for their OWN team members' numbers to be keyed in. Also, while this is an argument that could go both ways, one would not be able to tell if said TM number is stolen and if that person is a guest using some TM's number. Same thing could occur with lost TM cards, but I think AP picks up on your TM card being used on transactions no where near your home store.

Afaik, key-in notifies your AP immediately, and it's in store policy/guidelines, some stores don't even allow for their OWN team members' numbers to be keyed in. Also, while this is an argument that could go both ways, one would not be able to tell if said TM number is stolen and if that person is a guest using some TM's number. Same thing could occur with lost TM cards, but I think AP picks up on your TM card being used on transactions no where near your home store.

Never heard of it flagging to Ap if a discount is keyed in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back