Discrimination/Retaliation #TargetComeForward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, no but I'm not a fan of either so it's all good man. Saul Goodman.

5881861191_90de8b5bc9.jpg

Hmmmm, I’m Asian and the one who interviewed me was also Asian. As a overnight Flow TM, I was moved in Electronics as the dedicated TM in less than two months I started because the previous one was leaving.

“Hey, our main Elec TM is leaving. We need to find a replacement.”
“Didn’t we just hired an Asian guy?”
“Boom!”

Do I have a case?
I am just a part timehourly associate who has faced retaliation, not a lawyer. If you feel you were discriminated against I would document it. The biggest reason workplace allegations cannot be proven is because lack of documentation. I understand we are supposed to follow the chain of command but doing this often leads to retaliation and it can be scary. If you feel like you were a victim do what you feel is right, either go up the chain of command,call the ethics hotline, call a lawyer, file a complaint with eeoc or all of the above. Sometimes big companies cannot be called upon to police themselves. When real wrong doings occur the salaried managers have an interest in covering it up as do people above the store level. It is easier to push people out the door by reducing hours when complaints are brought up, which is retaliation. Whistleblowing is a federally protected right and bringing up concerns should not bring retaliation but it unfortunately occurs and is hard to prove. Only a coordinated effort and many of us speaking up will these concerns be addressed.

I am just a part timehourly associate who has faced retaliation, not a lawyer. If you feel you were discriminated against I would document it. The biggest reason workplace allegations cannot be proven is because lack of documentation. I understand we are supposed to follow the chain of command but doing this often leads to retaliation and it can be scary. If you feel like you were a victim do what you feel is right, either go up the chain of command,call the ethics hotline, call a lawyer, file a complaint with eeoc or all of the above. Sometimes big companies cannot be called upon to police themselves. When real wrong doings occur the salaried managers have an interest in covering it up as do people above the store level. It is easier to push people out the door by reducing hours when complaints are brought up, which is retaliation. Whistleblowing is a federally protected right and bringing up concerns should not bring retaliation but it unfortunately occurs and is hard to prove. Only a coordinated effort and many of us speaking up will these concerns be addressed.

No sales, no hours. Whistleblowing is not a federal protected right with spot. You would still need documentation to prove these issues & not here say.

Based on information provided, you got bad performance review for having a bad attitude, henceforth reduced hours for you.

No sales, no hours. Whistleblowing is not a federal protected right with spot. You would still need documentation to prove these issues & not here say.

Based on information provided, you got bad performance review for having a bad attitude, henceforth reduced hours for you.
Spot does not make federal employment law, whistleblowing acts such as complaining about unsafe working conditions are protected under federal law. If you read my post you would see I mentioned the fact that documentation is needed.

Bringing up safety concerns is not having a bad attitude it is protecting your team.

I see you had changed your original post. You did not contact your stl on your concerns. There was no mention of talking to your mgt.
I am not convinced on class action suit is needed.

Safety concerns should never be brought up to a TL, ETL, or STL at Target. They don't want to hear that. All they want is for you to kiss the ring and bend the knee.

Safety concerns should never be brought up to a TL, ETL, or STL at Target. They don't want to hear that. All they want is for you to kiss the ring and bend the knee.

Oh I get it your Queen Cersei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back