Distribution Center Orientation

Hey everybody I received an email saying that my pre-employment screening is complete and now have an orientation date. I called HR and asked if this meant I had the job due to the fact I need to leave a notice with my current employer. Does this mean I have the job? I’m confused.. HR also told me congrats and yes but still wasn’t 100% sold that I have the job. I haven’t had a face to face interview or anything. Thanks

No interview they pretty much just hire anyone. People don't last at the DC's. They will go over safety stuff and give you a vague description of what you'll be doing.

I didn't get interviewed or drug tested, just got an offer letter and orientation date. At orientation, we got our schedule for the first 3 weeks. I started working the next day.

It’s a pretty good starting hourly rate. Thanks for the replies. Used to hard work, hope it’s not ridiculous.

You should have the job, my orientation day was a paid 4 or 5 hours for the day.

I was never interviewed, just given a tour and was asked if I wanted a job.

Local dc’s don’t do the hiring anymore, hq does. Also no drug tests during Covid and they dropped the physical aptitude test as well.

about ot, we have only had voluntary which is good cause I sign up for all I can.

I was wondering about a physical. Sounds great thanks for the input! I’m excited to start. Orientation is next Tuesday.

Is the starting wage they have on you offer letter how much they will be actually paying you or is it something else to it?

And if you are worried about it, you won't be expected to work mando OT for your first several weeks/months. Only once you are capable of running 100% and your trainer/OM is comfortable it, will they put you on the OT list.
At my DC, 4 weeks in and OT is mandatory. Currently, 100% means nothing. Orange vests are fair game.

At my DC, 4 weeks in and OT is mandatory. Currently, 100% means nothing. Orange vests are fair game.
At my dc mandatory ot means nothing.
We've been on doubles a year and have only seen the same 4 people show up and they show up like once a month.
So where the other 50 people are and how they get away with never coming in is beyond me.

At my dc mandatory ot means nothing.
We've been on doubles a year and have only seen the same 4 people show up and they show up like once a month.
So where the other 50 people are and how they get away with never coming in is beyond me.
I've been noticing the same thing. Maybe not merely 4 people, but there are multiple people on weekend shift that I have never seen work a single day of OT on my key. I know one who gives his shift to a girl who wants the hours. The other ones though? No clue.. Everyone just seems to call out. How are they not written up for this?

I've been noticing the same thing. Maybe not merely 4 people, but there are multiple people on weekend shift that I have never seen work a single day of OT on my key. I know one who gives his shift to a girl who wants the hours. The other ones though? No clue.. Everyone just seems to call out. How are they not written up for this?
Probably not calling out, probably have Fmla or schedule exceptions. On b1 nearly 50% of folks have either Fmla or schedule exceptions. We even had a girl who was being flexed to a different department once tell the om they were lucky they came in that day because their Fmla just got reapproved. Lol

My building hasn't been doing drug tests for new hires. Though if you are operating equipment and have an accident that causes more then, I think, $200 of property damage, you get drug tested.
they basically explained it this way at orientation but i heard that during outbound after a month i will be trained on equipment, still a bit unsure but it seems everything is pointing to no drug testing unless you damage something or get hurt

Back