Answered do I still need to call out every day?

I've been out sick for the past week with covid symptoms. fortunately/unfortunately it was my birthday this weekend and I requested the week off so I've been good so far. my test is today and I called to let the store know yesterday that I'll be out until my test results come back. ETL said okay and to just bring a doctor's note when I come back, but I forgot to ask if I still need to call out every day.

I'm close with my TL and he knew from the first day that I wasn't feeling well and that I might not be back for a bit. thankfully my department has been staying on top of the workload so I don't feel bad about not being able to go in.

Call your store and ask them. They might want you to call off every day because you haven’t tested positive yet, so it’s all up in the air right now. If you are positive, then they might just tell you to take a couple weeks off and don’t bother calling off because they already know you can’t work.

COVID is being handled a bit differently as they know you can't come to the store until results are in. That being said it's best to call your hr to let them know as they have been the ones keeping track of that for expected day back. All other illnesses you need to call out every single day your going to be out for.

The latest communication is that as long as the TM doesn’t have any of the symptoms, especially the fever, that they have the choice to continue to work if they want to. Even while waiting for the test results.

Back