Archived Do You Feel Bad For The Now Ex-Seasonals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HRZone, you're right. I'm not seasonal but I was at one time...with that same availability. Also my store is the opposite: seriously understaffed so I'm being scheduled in multiple work centers.

What a dysfunctional crappy store. They were supposed to have you sign seasonal paperwork although they may have not hired you as seasonal and are just letting you go under your 90 days.

As far as not scheduling you they should have had a conversation with you.

The fact you haven't been scheduled in so long. Are you sure you haven't been terminated?

My store didn't tell most of the seasonal people they were done. No letters, nothing just dropped from the schedule.. So professional.

Apparently when one of our seasonal got fired last week they caused a total shitstorm in the tmsc, laying on the floor, crying, yelling, etc etc for 20 mins. And yet not a single person got a vid or pic...ughhhh

Don't feel bad, this guy REALLY deserved it, hiding in the bathroom for hours on his phone, sitting down in the backroom because he was tired, constantly complaining, he haggled his crew because he wasn't invited to lunch but in reality they just couldn't reach him on walkie. They gave him a ton of chances, and he still fucked up. STL even notified him 2 week prior, and he showed up and tried to play dumb...

My store didn't tell most of the seasonal people they were done. No letters, nothing just dropped from the schedule.. So professional.

I blame the sorority girl etl hr. Too busy figuring out her lunch plans to schedule exit conversations.

Funny thing is that's a bridge burned next year. There are some seasonals at my store we have already encouraged to come back in November

Ima gonna guess they marked him has not rehireable...

The guy just needed a reality slap, he was nice enough, but had major work ethic issues, and was severely overweight which was the reason behind always sitting around in the backroom. He knew i was a big sneaker guy and would always ask me about what shoes he could buy to help him since his feet were always sore, but at a certain point theres no really much you can do...

I'm the br closer at night and would always catch him hiding. I hope he does better soon though, i know he just bought new car too...

I blame the sorority girl etl hr. Too busy figuring out her lunch plans to schedule exit conversations.

Funny thing is that's a bridge burned next year. There are some seasonals at my store we have already encouraged to come back in November

So you have met our ETL HR.. Cause you would only say that having met her..

Oh she poured gasoline on that bridge and dropped a road flare on it so it would burn no matter what.

So you have met our ETL HR.. Cause you would only say that having met her..

Oh she poured gasoline on that bridge and dropped a road flare on it so it would burn no matter what.

Oh yeah... she's come to our store for a couple HR meetings.

Last week she tried to send us one of your seasonal flow team members. Knowing your post on here about how your flow team sucks I was already suspicious. Sure enough my etl hr asked for a copy of their attendance. Plenty of late ins, early outs and call outs.

We said "no thanks"

If they aren't good enough for you to keep, why the he'll would we want them?

The fact you haven't been scheduled in so long is definitely concerning we have written 3 or 4 schedules since then. Are you sure you haven't been terminated? If you look at the paper schedule, at the way back is your name on the last page?

I’ve been logging in and looking via kronos.

Oh yeah... she's come to our store for a couple HR meetings.

Last week she tried to send us one of your seasonal flow team members. Knowing your post on here about how your flow team sucks I was already suspicious. Sure enough my etl hr asked for a copy of their attendance. Plenty of late ins, early outs and call outs.

We said "no thanks"

If they aren't good enough for you to keep, why the he'll would we want them?
Early outs are a thing? I often leave early my last day of the week, as the major bulk of our presentation sets start right off the bat, which means from there on out it is a fight against overtime.

If they are, I'd like to know. If I am being dogged down by cutting overtime. I will gladly stay and collect it,

Early outs are a thing? I often leave early my last day of the week, as the major bulk of our presentation sets start right off the bat, which means from there on out it is a fight against overtime.

If they are, I'd like to know. If I am being dogged down by cutting overtime. I will gladly stay and collect it,

the call outs are what kills it along with being late. Early out could be being sent home but combined with the other two issues? yeah shit employee and the flow ones were all shit this year.

I’ve been logging in and looking via kronos.

Request Rejected - https://wss.target.com/mobile/logout.html?_=1411080965014

Not every store considers them a bad thing, but they can be a red flag,we had a TM who would always leave an hour or two before close, then people would report seeing him on snapchat clearly partying.

Other times they are innocent enough (cutting overtime, occasionally going home because you don't feel well)

What I would recommend is to have your HRTM change your time in MyTime when you leave early. I do it all the time at my store

As others have mentioned...most people who I consider to be great co workers were hired between september and november and all of us were asked to stay on. We love our job (for the most part) and all have very similar stories to how we came to be full team members getting an average of 35 hours year-round. We deserve it and we are all great at teamwork. I love it.

Exceptional employee BS? Dont you take pride in your work? Dont you strive to be exceptional in what you do?
I have seen terrible tms ,that have been at spot for years and probably will be there for many more , but they are stuck doing the same shi* every day. With no prospect of moving up or making more money, they complain about everyone and everything thing. People just nod their heads at them to make the conversation short.
So yeah their are a few who slip through the cracks but for them its a sorry existence. A pity.

Got a few like that. Complain about hours, other tms, tasks they are given...yet they r eally do suck at their job or don't care at this point. They need to be let go instead of given a pass. I know one lady who just throws boxes that are clearly marked "FRAGILE" on the side and every other week you hear a "crunch" and a shattering of glass or a snap of plastic and it continues. Apparently coaching isn't a thing and it's just a talk they keep having at huddles. Lol they aren't gonna care about some kind of "be more careful with merchandise when unloading" when it's just a huddle.

Did someone mention overtime? That is a federal crime at Target. You will be putting the bonuses of the STL and ETLs in jeopardy if you get just 1 second of overtime. You better not get overtime or you will face the wrath of the STL and ETLs. You know what I say about if they ever mention a bonus for overtime management? I say "where's my bonus" and "I don't give a shit about your bonuses". If I don't get one then why would I care if the bosses of the store get one LOL?

Did someone mention overtime? That is a federal crime at Target. You will be putting the bonuses of the STL and ETLs in jeopardy if you get just 1 second of overtime. You better not get overtime or you will face the wrath of the STL and ETLs. You know what I say about if they ever mention a bonus for overtime management? I say "where's my bonus" and "I don't give a shit about your bonuses". If I don't get one then why would I care if the bosses of the store get one LOL?

Asants my old STL did not care about overtime. Many stores here give it out like candy. Some leaders are anal about it though you're right about that

The thing that made me hate working at Target the most was the cutthroat vindictive behavior from the STL and ETLs. It wasn't my fault that the store sucked and was a joke. I was just a lowly back room team member. The bosses would make it personal and I couldn't stand that type of mean bratty kid behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back