Archived Do you obey the Team Lift Stickers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone at my store got coached recently for "improper lifting" since we seem to be focus on safety. I was curious if anyone here actually get's another TM for a Team Lift for product with the stickers or do you just pull a backroom and beast through it?

Someone at my store got coached recently for "improper lifting" since we seem to be focus on safety. I was curious if anyone here actually get's another TM for a Team Lift for product with the stickers or do you just pull a backroom and beast through it?

If it's a 2 person team lift I can generally do it myself, when nobody is looking. If it's a 3-4 person team lift we usually only use 2.. maybe a 3rd if it's a pool or something And the person is driving a huge truck

Last edited:
Not saying it's the right way, but I'm lucky to have 4 tms on the floor at the same time. Can't have everyone over in sporting goods for a team lift.. lol

We had two people go out with back injuries at our store and even though we were a golden store we were red for safety after that FOR A YEAR.

Team Lifts were a major deal after that.

I try not to do them myself...I did manage to get a futon back on the shelf by myself by using the shelf as a lever. And sometimes they are team lifts more because they are awkward rather than heavy.

But when you have a team lift carry out, and you call for assistance and no one responds, and the guest is staring at you and wanting to leave, sometimes you have to do what you have to do....

I try not to do them myself...I did manage to get a futon back on the shelf by myself by using the shelf as a lever. And sometimes they are team lifts more because they are awkward rather than heavy.

But when you have a team lift carry out, and you call for assistance and no one responds, and the guest is staring at you and wanting to leave, sometimes you have to do what you have to do....

Haha I usually tell them "unless you're going to be able to help me, we must wait"

Whenever I hear someone call for a team lift more than once I'll go help unless I'm following someone.
One of my fellow TPS's pisses me of because he'll say "that's not our job, don't worry about it."
What's even worse though is when an ETL will just keep squawking into the radio "Team who's responding to that team lift."

Last edited:
Whenever I hear someone call for a team lift more than once I'll go help unless I'm following someone.
One of my fellow TPS's pisses me of because he'll say "that's not our job, don't worry about it."
What's even worse though is when an ETL will just keep squawking into the radio "Team who's responding to that team lift."

Fast service needed in Household Paper. Who is responding?
-One second passes-
"This is John Doe, I can-"

"-TEAM WHO CAN HELP WITH THAT CALL WE NEED HELP IN PAPER NOW PLEASE"
The request has been cleared, Household Paper.

No. did bulk side by myself for 3 years and never needed help. Even truly heavy stuff like pools can be walked around with ease if you do it right.

ive seen some morons that target hires hurt themselves though.

I don't normally seek help for team lifts. My last job was an unloader at a box based company so I know exactly what I can lift and if I know I can handle it, there's no point in bothering someone else.

As flow team lift seems mean, take the item to location by cart or flat then just jimmy it into place from there don't bother getting people to help you lift it unless STL or ETL are around. Quite a few team lift items aren't even really heavy some of the shelving ones i swear only weigh like 30 pounds maybe just in a long cumbersome box is all. Most of the time you can just put it on the floor tilt it onto the shelf and slide it into place no one actually has to lift. Anyways what bugs me are people lifting anything with their backs, you gotta squat down.

The only thing I don't care to lift by myself is the huge furniture...that stuff hurts.

I could usually handle most things besides desks and TV stands. If a team member is nearby I might ask for a lift, but I usually avoid calling a team member and waiting for them to show up.

Depends on the situation. Some items as mentioned are more awkward than heavy. I'll generally lift one side of the box just to test the weight and decide from there if I need someone else or not.

Other times if I have a flat and it's on the bottom shelf, I'll just slide the item off the flat. Haven't been uncommon to use the shelf for leverage in other situations as well.

I always wondered why the 42lb bags of dog food don't have team lift graphics but a 20lb bookshelf does. I don't follow lift guidelines but if I injure myself like that, I expect nothing from Target.

Teamlifting? What's that? Although TMs might have teamlifted the item into the guest's cart, I almost always do carryouts by myself.

Good thing modern TVs weigh a fraction of what they did a decade ago.

I always wondered why the 42lb bags of dog food don't have team lift graphics but a 20lb bookshelf does. I don't follow lift guidelines but if I injure myself like that, I expect nothing from Target.

If you drop the bag of dogfood nothing important is going to break. Also I'm assuming the bookshelf is a larger item even if it's not assembled. Size matters with teamlifting not just weight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back