Do you think Target will require tm’s to get vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a lot of companies requiring their employees to get vaccinated, do you think Target will follow suit? I know sometimes Target like to wait to see what other retailers do before they react. My answer is yes but it probably won’t happen until sometime next year. They will give everyone a grace period before anything will occur.

@Hardlinemaster

I appreciate the link to the thread but it quickly devolves into a thread of 21 pages of pro vs con vaccine debates complete with interjected postings of dubious online YouTube videos. Do you think it's at all possible to have a thread that consists of just UPDATES on Target's ACTUAL VACCINE POLICY? I ask because if it's anything like the recent pay increases it may may be done on a store by store level or regionally as the case seems to be.

I'd hate to wind up with another devisive thread!

UPDATES on Target's ACTUAL VACCINE POLICY
There won't be updates on Targets policy. Any type of mandate will come from the government. Target has said so in their emails that they are awaiting direction from the government. If you want updates just follow the news, I'm sure there may be an article or 2 about it if they pass it.

I think I am more likely to get it from a guest (especially at SCO where they don't distance) than another target worker. So it really doesn't impact me.

We can already see how successful vaccine mandates have been at some companies that put them in place earlier. The fears of masses of employees quitting have proven to be unjustified. Vaccine rates go way up, into the high 90s, and very few employees are terminated.
As to the probability of catching it from a guest or a TM, my interactions for guests are more in quantity but much shorter duration. If I'm sharing air space with a TM - on the unload line, in the fixture room, setting a POG - that TM better be properly masked and keeping their germs to themselves.

Rumors be popping at my job about a vax mandate which I’m keeping close tabs on for the irony value alone…my company hires anything that walks in the door, of any background, which makes wearing a mask pointless unless you also wear a Kevlar vest

I think the only way target would require them is if the government told them they had to require them.
Yes but, remember when the Gov't mandated social distancing, sanitizing etc., Target added those 5 or 6 questions each employee was supposed to be asked everyday well...in 6 wks I was asked only TWICE, the second time at 6wks was when I said to my TL "I guess we're not doing the health checks anymore" Her reply was 'Oh, well is it "yes, yes, yes, yes, yes or no, no, no, no, no,'' and being that it had been 6wks and I had forgotten the questions my reply was "yes, yes, yes, yes, yes". She was like "...so you have Covid...." then we both just cracked up laughing. I guess what I was really looking for is IF it should be mandated could the thread be about how the stores are really handling it, which I now realize would probably be a different thread altogether so...mea culpa everyone, I guess I'll just wait for what I think is the inevitable mandate.

Yes but, remember when the Gov't mandated social distancing, sanitizing etc., Target added those 5 or 6 questions each employee was supposed to be asked everyday well...in 6 wks I was asked only TWICE, the second time at 6wks was when I said to my TL "I guess we're not doing the health checks anymore" Her reply was 'Oh, well is it "yes, yes, yes, yes, yes or no, no, no, no, no,'' and being that it had been 6wks and I had forgotten the questions my reply was "yes, yes, yes, yes, yes". She was like "...so you have Covid...." then we both just cracked up laughing. I guess what I was really looking for is IF it should be mandated could the thread be about how the stores are really handling it, which I now realize would probably be a different thread altogether so...mea culpa everyone, I guess I'll just wait for what I think is the inevitable mandate.
What corporate dictates and how stores then roll out or implement the directions are different things. I'm sure there are stores who followed the health checks to a T, then there are stores like yours and mine who let it go by the wayside. It's all just window dressing that Target is using to cover its own ass. Just the same way when a covid case is reported at my store I get a text saying they have extensively cleaned the store. Uh no you haven't, unless you count wiping down the carts with Windex extensive cleaning nothing has been done any different.

I don’t know how your store doesn’t do cleaning anymore . Your HRPB doesn’t audit your monthly schedule ? Ours does .

I think they will, but not until after Christmas.

I have one TM that I know will quit. We are still doing cleaning of carts and door handles, but we also are in a university town that is exceedingly liberal, so our guests absolutely WILL let us know if we drop the ball on that one.

I don’t know how your store doesn’t do cleaning anymore . Your HRPB doesn’t audit your monthly schedule ? Ours does .
We have someone cleaning carts, that is all. All other cleaning responsibilities shifted over to the DBO, which hasn't been happening for obvious reasons.

It seems to be hit and miss even with the cart cleaning at my store.

When was this? I wonder if it varies by area?
I remember this being threatened soon after they rolled out the mandatory open to close cleaning shift coverage. Yet, when we have visits, if they notice that we use them to run drive ups we get a not-so-stern “yeah, we want to avoid pulling that person so they give a great first impression by saying hi and bringing joy to every guest that walks in”. They’d 100% rather that person say hi to everyone than clean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back