Archived Do you think you're best at your job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the most knowledge in my area, and several other areas in the store. There is still much to learn, and time constraints that prevent a mere human from finishing my workload most days.

I am the best signing kitty in the store for sure.

I fear going on vacation, not that I think I am the glue that holds the store together. I just know that I will come back to two weeks worth of work.

I am the best signing kitty in the store for sure.

I fear going on vacation, not that I think I am the glue that holds the store together. I just know that I will come back to two weeks worth of work.

It's tough being the Signing Ninja because there isn't anybody to compare yourself to.

What's my job? My workcenter is backroom day..
  • The CAF's don't roll
  • Flex fulfills are pulled on time
  • I manage to backstock the CAF leftovers and what ever is left from the truck
  • Merges are done by EOD Tuesday
  • Yeah, I'll have time to pull your sales plans; just give me a few..
  • Sure, I can make a bale.. Just let me finish this round.
  • Yeah, I have 6 of that DPCI, how many do you need and where can I take it?
  • Receiving needs a lunch? Be there in a minute.
I know I'm good at my job but I'll never say I'm the best. There's always a way to do something better than how I do it now. Since I'm a trainer (for almost all the processes), my job is NEVER done as I can't say I'm good at my job unless someone is better than me at it.

There's always someone better in everything you do, maybe not in your store or at that exact moment, but someone will always be better. I try not to worry about if I'm the best, I just do the best I can and bring the best out in others. This mentality has really helped me in more than just spot. I started at spot and about 6 months in I had the "I'm best" mentality and it showed and really ruined a lot of work relationships, but sometimes it's hard not to think that way.

Also, I breathe air!

This BRTL is very power-trippy. He's new, was just made TL a month ago, and once wrote a CCA based off the back room detail report, (found product with merch protect, checked to see who committed this "horrible injustice" as he hates any kind of merch protect in the BR) submitted it to HR, who told him he had just CCA'd the ETL-AP.

I'm crying; this is the funniest thing I've read in ages

We require merch protect on a lot of stuff in the back, that is some funny shit though!

I have no worries over anyone replacing me. The ETL's just about get into fistfights with each other when scheduling me on their shifts.

Okay well do u ever come back from days off or a vacation and the people who've been take care of the work u normally do clearly didn't give a fuck, so you gotta fix it all again....

I get this doesn't really apply to cashiers too much...
Now this, I agree with. Last, year when I was on vacation for 10 days ...I came back and no one had backstocked the cooler and freezer or checked for out of dates....it seem to take me forever to get caught up.

The bulk guy at my old store was the best I seen. He would do the pulls during the unload, push the bulk pallets then do the bulk backstock. He would LOCU, condense and zone as he went. Anything that wasn't perfect he would fix it, and look up who did it if someone caused it. Didnt even seem like he would move quick either.

Definitely wouldn't say I'm the best, but dammit, I'm far from the worst.

I'M TALKING TO YOU, MR CASHIER WHO'S ALWAYS ON HIS BLOODY PHONE

I say I can be at times. Although I don't ALWAYS complete tasks on time, I pay very close attention to detail and i'm a perfectionist while zoning. I don't rush through to try to get the task done. Others just push stuff forward while "zoning" even though it's in the wrong spot AND wrong price range. (but they don't actually zone) I make sure everything is in the right spot and if it's wrong I actually fix it. Managers love when i do this.

Usually quality is better than quantity. If people don't actually do their job right, the store loses money. At my store, thousands a day, because Flow stocks household items whereever they want..
They will put $70.00 coffee makers in a $20.00 spot.

Now if you're a guest, and you want that coffee maker because it's "20 bucks" but the cashier says no it's 70. would you be angry?

Last edited:
I say I can be at times. Although I don't ALWAYS complete tasks on time, I pay very close attention to detail and i'm a perfectionist while zoning. I don't rush through to try to get the task done. Others just push stuff forward while "zoning" even though it's in the wrong spot AND wrong price range. (but they don't actually zone) I make sure everything is in the right spot and if it's wrong I actually fix it. Managers love when i do this.

Usually quality is better than quantity. If people don't actually do their job right, the store loses money. At my store, thousands a day, because Flow stocks household items whereever they want..

Now if you're a guest, and you want that coffee maker because it's "20 bucks" but the cashier says no it's 70. would you be angry?

No I'd be happy because Target vibes and gives it for 20. Damn vibe!

lol yes very true. But if the item is over 50 my store won't give the item for 20. Probably less than 70. But 10 bucks off the most.

I was probably the best in my department at one point. But you don't get anything out of it, and even the satisfaction of being the best was outweighed by the stress. Now I'm second or third and that's enough for me, since I'm not vying for a promotion. Closing LODs still make happy noises when they find out I'm closing the backroom with them.

I zone the same way, except most of my leaders get frustrated that I can't complete a zone. But when my old instocks TL was still at my store and I was scheduled on her closing night, she would put me in the department she owned because she knew I would superzone it.

I don't blame flow workers for doing it tho. I've personally never done it, but you do have your Tls and Etl s rushing you to finish quickly before the store opens. On top of that...even when we do a great job it seems like we barely get recognized. I don't think I've ever been recognized in the 4 months I've been with Target.

While not the best, by no means.. The Only one who can do the job. We had one person trained for backup, and I came back after two weeks vacation to a mess. He is no longer with us, so I just need to train someone else for the summer, when I go on vacation. Have a couple people interested in Reverse Logistics, but I don't believe they know what they are getting themselves into. Sure, you have weekends off, but... This is more of a rant than anything.

Answer: I try my hardest to get things done in a speedy and efficicient manner, and nobody else in the store can do what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back