Archived Do you think you're best at your job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I far from perfect? Yes. Am I the best at my job at my store? DEFINITELY.

I used to think I was just being a little arrogant, but it is very clear how fast things fall apart when I'm not there for a day or two, especially truck days. I'm a control freak and a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my bulk area. Nobody else does all of the little things I do to make everything work (we are a very busy store compared to our available backroom space.) I strive for efficiency so we don't run out of space, and others that cover my area obviously don't get it.

A few weeks ago when I told my TL that I was applying for Store Facilities, I think she wanted to cry. Now that it is very likely that I am moving up to SFT at my store, the general consensus of the entire store as a whole is: "WTF is the backroom going to do now?"

That, and everyone thinks my TL is going to get fired because I won't be there to hold the team together anymore.

o_O

I've only been at target for 3 months, so I don't think I am THE BEST at my job, although my ETL has said I'm one of the better TMs, i'm not the best. That's OK with me.

There are some things I do that I am the best at, mainly because nobody else does it. Prime example: ORGANIZING THE DAMN REVERSE LOGISTICS CLIPS. I find them in the worst places and can never find one that I need. I was in Electronics one day, and the BRTL comes into the electronics stockroom and full on screams at another electronics TM for not putting a pink clip on their backstock. I could hear it clearly outside the door, when the photo printer was beeping an error. Problem is, BRTMs jack them whenever they are in there, so electronics never has any clips, green or pink.

I've only been at target for 3 months, so I don't think I am THE BEST at my job, although my ETL has said I'm one of the better TMs, i'm not the best. That's OK with me.

There are some things I do that I am the best at, mainly because nobody else does it. Prime example: ORGANIZING THE DAMN REVERSE LOGISTICS CLIPS. I find them in the worst places and can never find one that I need. I was in Electronics one day, and the BRTL comes into the electronics stockroom and full on screams at another electronics TM for not putting a pink clip on their backstock. I could hear it clearly outside the door, when the photo printer was beeping an error. Problem is, BRTMs jack them whenever they are in there, so electronics never has any clips, green or pink.
Hostile workplace plus yelling at someone for something they don't have control over (as long as there weren't any pink clips in the electronics stockroom). Does BRTL really think that yelling will get people to respect them?

Last edited:
Hostile workplace plus yelling at someone for something they don't have control over (as long as there weren't any pink clips in the electronics stockroom). Does BRTL really think that yelling will get people to respect them?

This BRTL is very power-trippy. He's new, was just made TL a month ago, and once wrote a CCA based off the back room detail report, (found product with merch protect, checked to see who committed this "horrible injustice" as he hates any kind of merch protect in the BR) submitted it to HR, who told him he had just CCA'd the ETL-AP.

This BRTL is very power-trippy. He's new, was just made TL a month ago, and once wrote a CCA based off the back room detail report, (found product with merch protect, checked to see who committed this "horrible injustice" as he hates any kind of merch protect in the BR) submitted it to HR, who told him he had just CCA'd the ETL-AP.

His head would explode in my store, we wrap everything we can find. And our AP will wrap stuff in the back so if it pulls its ready to go.

But don't worry he won't last being like that, he will yell at the wrong person and they will dress him down like the brat he is.

I would never say that I am the best. I will say that I have a great work ethic and bust my ass everyday that I am at Spot. To say that I am the best would imply I am perfect and be it at work or outside of work ...I am not perfect.

Okay well do u ever come back from days off or a vacation and the people who've been taking care of the work u normally do clearly didn't give a fuck, so you gotta fix it all again....

I guess this doesn't really apply to cashiers too much...

Last edited:

I'm crying; this is the funniest thing I've read in ages

I think I'm pretty good. I'm all over the store and do all most everything. Though when I went on vacation back in July my ETL told me I would no longer be able to take vacation time because he missed me too much, so, I don't know. Apparently the store was lost or something that week, haha.

honestly, i think i do. etls love working for me on their lod shifts. i've had to mysupport access to do what i do. even my direct managers figure working with me is when we get shit done.

I absolutely think I'm one of the better, if not the best, back room TMs in our store. Then again, we've had a massive overhaul in the back room since I started, so there are only about 4 of us who have been there longer than 8 months. I'm the go-to guy for most of the sales floor/TLs when I'm there, which I think says something. Realistically, I know that they just want their stuff done and I'm the guy who can do it quickly without too much resistance.

The moment I declare myself the best is the moment I lose my passion to improve myself. There's always someone that does something just a little better than I do, and that's my motivation to keep kicking as much ass as I can.

I'm one of the few that get crazy with tags when I'm in softlines. It drives me mad when I zone an area where tags are just ignored on the floor. I do bust my butt. I still have a lot to learn but I'm driven to try and learn it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back