Archived Do you wear an earpiece?

Do you wear an earpiece?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An earpiece allows you to be informed without making noise.

This. I wear one of those secret service style earpieces, not the big black ones that Target issues. I run that through my shirt and have it plugged into a shoulder microphone, so I can talk through that, but listen through the earpiece. Very convenient for following bad guys and staying a little more hidden ;)

Asked for one on three separate occasions with ETL-AP, ETL-HR and ETL-Log and nothing came of it so I gave up.

This. I wear one of those secret service style earpieces, not the big black ones that Target issues. I run that through my shirt and have it plugged into a shoulder microphone, so I can talk through that, but listen through the earpiece. Very convenient for following bad guys and staying a little more hidden ;)
My shoulder mic you can't do that with. Did you buy your own or what

My shoulder mic you can't do that with. Did you buy your own or what
Yes I did. I've gone through three different ones, two cheap ones and one heavy duty one that I use now. The one I use now is similar to the ones that Target provides but a lot lighter so it's not tugging the shirt down.

This is the one I currently use. It's pricy but so worth it for the quality.
Motorola Original OEM PMMN4013A Remote Speaker Microphone with 3.5mm Audio Jack

But, take a look through this list and you can find some cheap ones that'll work also. They just aren't as durable or of the same general quality. I had sound issues and people said they couldn't understand/hear me after about two months.

Yes I did. I've gone through three different ones, two cheap ones and one heavy duty one that I use now. The one I use now is similar to the ones that Target provides but a lot lighter so it's not tugging the shirt down.

This is the one I currently use. It's pricy but so worth it for the quality.
Motorola Original OEM PMMN4013A Remote Speaker Microphone with 3.5mm Audio Jack

But, take a look through this list and you can find some cheap ones that'll work also. They just aren't as durable or of the same general quality. I had sound issues and people said they couldn't understand/hear me after about two months.
Looks quite badass... If i ever become TPS I'm buying that

For those of you who wear earpieces, how do you usually have it set up? I asked for one today for CA shifts.

My ETL-GE gave me one as a gift. Received some others in the past but lost it. As a GSTL it comes in handy especially with AP related business:

I loop the end through my leftmost front belt loop on my pants and keep my walkie on that side. The cord goes across me diagonally and over my tank top but under my shirt. The microphone is clipped to my name badge and then I wear the earpiece part on my right ear.

Suddenly people at guest service are wearing them I mean they didn't for the longest but ever since one of th GSAs wore one now they wear them.

13226865-4-198977.jpg

Is no one using combadges?

Would be useful but I'm hardlines, so no reason to besides the rare AP concern. Don't even know if my location has them anyways.

Our flow lead does but i think its to feel important. other than that, nobody else does lol

I don't as I find it distracting and annoying, i find it easier to block out noise if it isn't shot directly into one of my ears.

Most importantly however, I don't want to look pretentious.

Suddenly people at guest service are wearing them I mean they didn't for the longest but ever since one of th GSAs wore one now they wear them.

Our GS Team and GSA's have been required to wear an earpiece for a while now.

Bought my own $10 earpiece secret service style one... weird or no!

Bought my own $10 earpiece secret service style one... weird or no!
I would love to but I would get weird looks from AP. Hell, I don't even think AP used an earpiece.

I would love to but I would get weird looks from AP. Hell, I don't even think AP used an earpiece.
I think everyone would give me a weird look honestly unless it was the target earpiece lmao.

I think everyone would give me a weird look honestly unless it was the target earpiece lmao.
I wanna buy one of the clear wired ones (Secret service-esque like yours), dress up in a sharp suit and follow random people around occasionally talking to my wrist watch. I'd probably end up getting shot but it would be hilarious.

I did first two months as salesfloor and tried it two shifts without it and was fine without it. I think they're AWESOME to have during seasonal when it's hard to hear the walkie or you're doing a lot of backroom work because the equipment in the backroom can drown out walkie requests but not a lot.... still useful sometimes. All in all it's a great option they provide but it's slowly becoming a thing people do not use.

I think TMs look fine with them. We look like little kids talking into walkies sometimes.

Best thing about using an earpiece is you can switch to 3 secretly...
AP used to love electronics to wear an earpiece and we all did...one day I stopped and everyone seemed to have followed suit shortly after. Some of these idiots though...Don't leave it clipped on your belt and yell into your wasteline. LMAO No one can understand you.

I think everyone working electronics honestly thought they HAD to wear it. If AP asks me to switch to 3 though...I'm not an idiot I walk away from guests and switch to 3 as I walk to the backroom on the backwall of MMB. If they ask me to guest service no worries but if they have more details by the time they are giving em to me I'm far enough away from any potential thieves that it's fine. They won't hear this...also turn the walkie down and hold it up to your ear dont blast it full volume for all guests to hear when AP has you switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back