Archived Does your GSA/GSTL call for backup when no one is even available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours has a habit of doing that. Like, everyone is on a lane and the only HLTM is covering Electronics and fitting roof

Is there some rulebook that tells them to scream over the walkie when literally only 2 guest are in line?

Yep. Funny to hear it. (ok, it's really f*cking annoying.)

Love it when I see my GSTL chatting with guest service team member, and NOT speed weaving or otherwise helping to get back up cashiers off the lanes once it slows down.

If everyone is on the lanes-no need to keep calling. Our LOD would ask them to switch to a different channel to see what's going on.b

Nah, everyone's available because she never noticed because she's at starbucks with a GSTM. Then when STL notices and barks over walkie does she stand at attention and asks for available cashiers to help.

Ours has a habit of doing that. Like, everyone is on a lane and the only HLTM is covering Electronics and fitting roof

Is there some rulebook that tells them to scream over the walkie when literally only 2 guest are in line?

The company standard is 1+1. There are plenty of GSTLs (self included) that don't follow that and try to do whatever they can to NOT call. Look at it this way, I'd rather show the guest I am trying to be proactive about getting the lines down than standing there with my thumb up my hyde doing nothing.

Yes. Some have a bad habit of crying wolf, too.

It's extremely hard to predict guest traffic. Sometimes you call and desperately need it, sometimes you call and it peters out before you get up there. I'd love to say I get it right 100% of the time... I don't.

Yes.

On a side note: how long does it take your GSA/GSTL to close down the lanes? I'm in a fairly small store with about 15 registers, give or take. IMO closing them down should take 20 minutes, 30 tops.

@Anelmi - typically I start two hours before close. I print the list at 9, then take out coupons and media. I try and fill outer registers (Sbux, Cafe, Electronics) with coin if I have the time.

One hour before I start closing everything. I start with 3/4 service desk, Rx, cafe and Sbux. Then I do SCO by around 10:30, and then by around 10:40 I start the actual registers, then Electronics, and then the last service desk. That usually takes me until around 11:05 if I don't get a rush or a complicated guest right at the end.

We keep a lane open for the overnight team and that is the lane I try to funnel the guests through so I can close everything else.

I do it and have no problems admitting it. There are ETLs that can come out of whatever hideyhole they're In.

It goes like this:

"Team, I have a guest first. "

Silence

"Team, still looking for one for guest first"

Greenie-only have random TM on the floor right now.

"LOD, I need ETL support at the front"

Out shuffles one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back