Archived Does your planogram team respond to back up, guest service calls, etc etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously this is for the early morning stores, just figuring out how involved your Planogram team with sales floor operations.

Its 50/50, some do, some don't. If I personally call them out over the walkie while I'm LOD they well

at my store we're too busy running toys (at least recently), pushing truck, backstocking, setting salesplanners/adjacencies, doing instocks, covering electronics, food ave, cash office, getting carts and getting call boxes to respond to backup every time. usually we only have 1/2 walkies spread between us all and we get the calls of the area we're working in. honestly, it would be difficult for pog to complete their workload (just like flow) if they constantly had to stop, climb down the ladder, and go to the front. if they get behind, it's hard to find folks who can easily set pogs, as opposed to finding someone else to help sf do gobacks. if it's extremely busy, we'll just pick someone to stay on a register.
that's just the nature of the beast and salesfloor people usually don't understand if they've never worked pog longer than a week (take this with a grain of salt from a 7 year sf veteran).
we're being scheduled as sf until 11ish (including boat/cashier coverage) with the same amount of hours for transition we've always had. i've been on both sides of the coin... if your pog team is good, they'll out work your sf team 2:1. if they suck or your etl dumps the leftover seasonal people on there, then best of luck. it also depends on the tl. just because you don't hear them doesn't necessarily mean they aren't asking cihyfs or helping guests before they push the callboxes, same as sf.

price change/instocks almost never responds in the morning at my store :/

we always get sales floor + softlines people

Plano Team never responds at my store. They are a team of 5-6 people (including the TL) and they only do their stuff. They want to be apart from the whole store on purpose, kinda like they're too cool for school.

Last edited:
Its 50/50, some do, some don't. If I personally call them out over the walkie while I'm LOD they well

Our Presentation Team Leader has openly told his team not to respond. I as LOD not only call out his team by name, but if no one respond's I call him out by name. He learned quick!

Our plano team and price accuracy team respond to calls, as well as take part in the "stop, drop, and zone," help with reshop, and help push CAFs in the morning when there is a lot left from the previous night....remember, one team, one strategy, one voice

Our plano and pricing teams generally have one walkie for the team. We don't have enough for everyone. That being said, they can't respond to what they don't hear. Salesfloor tms are supposed to be first responders. Instocks almost always responds second. Price accuracy rarely does except for their TL.

Pricing never carries a walkie. That way, they never respond to back-up calls.

Our pricing and plano TLs are amazing at answering calls, but their teams never have walkies, so they usually don't respond. Our instocks team is fairly good at answering calls, though honestly sometimes I'll just wait and see if someone else will answer.

No, because if they go up, they would leave dangerous fixtures in the aisles.

But if more than one person on plano are working in the same area, at least one can stay on the floor to be around the fixtures. It won't be a problem.

At my store:
  • Plano: doesn't respond to the lanes, but they'll answer call boxes if they're really close.
  • Price change: responds.
  • Instocks: responds, but not so much before 11 am.

When our plano TL is the TLOD and leads huddle, she never sticks around for the huddle project. And more than once I've seen her call over a TM to assist a guest because she didn't want to. :nea:

• Plano: doesn't respond to the lanes, but they'll answer call boxes if they're really close.
  • Price change: responds.
This is true for us as well. Our plano team is like 5 people. We need all the time we can get, solely dedicated to our work. We have 450 some hours of transition to do next week, and it sure as hell won't get done if we're up at the lanes.

This actually isn't entirely accurate, we set Mini and the Bodega tables early, but still. One Spot, Toys, Bodega inline, another side of mini I think... plus all those salesplanners.

Most of the plano team aren't trained on register and pretty much refuse to be.
I've been trained but haven't worked it in a like a year and a half.
Price change doesn't go up either.
We do answer call boxes.
Both teams are small and have huge work loads.
We wouldn't be able to get our work done if we had to backup lanes all the time.

Our price, plano, and instock teams will respond to guest needs on the sales floor, including call boxes. They do not, however, respond to backup cashier requests. It simply wouldn't be smart for them to spend time on the lanes, when their hours are directly linked to their workload which MUST get done.

Ours do if the STL is in the store. When he's not, they spend copious amounts of time in the breakroom and having totally unprofessional conversations on the floor. They're SUPER productive, thorough, and the team lead is an exec favorite, so they mostly get a free pass. Pricing generally responds to both, since on any given day they strip a large part of the salesfloor to help the pricing TL.

Very rarely, but the plano team at our store are always working hard to get their stuff done. It doesn't bother me, I'm sales floor and shoot up for guest first quicker than others at times. I've also helped out our plano/pricing teams a bit (I also help do sales planners and set shelves, if I'm not busy with pulls from the backroom). It can be crazy when you get those guest first calls every 5 minutes, but there are enough sales floor TMs and softlines TM's to help out, so if I don't get up there, others do. In our store though, we all help with whatever we can, so if the plano team has to go up to help a guest, they do.

Most of the plano team aren't trained on register and pretty much refuse to be.
I've been trained but haven't worked it in a like a year and a half.
Price change doesn't go up either.
We do answer call boxes.
Both teams are small and have huge work loads.
We wouldn't be able to get our work done if we had to backup lanes all the time.

Pretty much everyone at spot has a huge workload, Price/Plano aren't special in that regard. You could make a solid case that this general lack of store participation makes sense b/c of the specialized nature of Price/Plano, or at least that you have to spend some time at it to be efficient at it (any monkey can set a POG). However, this idea that Price/Plano have a bigger workload is just bunk, everyone is just as busy (unless they're lazy).

Our price, plano, and instock teams will respond to guest needs on the sales floor, including call boxes. They do not, however, respond to backup cashier requests. It simply wouldn't be smart for them to spend time on the lanes, when their hours are directly linked to their workload which MUST get done.

I only respond for backup before 11 if nobody else does. My workload is time sensitive. After 11, I am last responder to backup per my TL, unless it an "all available" call. I will answer callboxes after salesfloor tm's respond. I find that it is insensitive of the GSA's and GSTL's to not get specialty tms off the lanes as quickly as possible so that we can attend to our core roles. There are times that we can be at the lanes for more than 10 minutes. 10 minutes is a long time when you have a task list to complete.

Pretty much everyone at spot has a huge workload, Price/Plano aren't special in that regard. You could make a solid case that this general lack of store participation makes sense b/c of the specialized nature of Price/Plano, or at least that you have to spend some time at it to be efficient at it (any monkey can set a POG). However, this idea that Price/Plano have a bigger workload is just bunk, everyone is just as busy (unless they're lazy).

Not necessarily that the workload is larger, but that it MUST get completed ON TIME.

Not necessarily that the workload is larger, but that it MUST get completed ON TIME.

And the hours we are given in the week are set to those goals (actually I'm given fewer hours then are called for).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back