Does your store have a "Backroom DBO"?

Does anyone else's store have an individual, whom on truck unload works at the front of the line and scans off any bulk backstock/transition product (or from areas that are heavy in product that day), puts it on pallets, then backstocks the product on those pallets in there appropriate backroom sections after unload? Also, they update all the BRLA signs once a week in both the backroom and receiving. Paid just like a GM team member.

Solution
There’s no way you are scanning trucks .
Using the receiving app, I select “trailer” from the drop down menu, then enter in the trailers DCI number. From there, I scan each box for the areas with heavy bulk that day. If a scanned box double beeps and says “Backstock”, I take it off the line and place it on an organized pallet for its given area. Once finished I pull these pallets to the backroom and beginning back stocking them.
So yeah. I do scan trucks. Have been 5 days a week for the last year. When I’m off another employee does it.
Using the receiving app, I select “trailer” from the drop down menu, then enter in the trailers DCI number. From there, I scan each box for the areas with heavy bulk that day. If a scanned box double beeps and says “Backstock”, I take it off the line and place it on an organized pallet for its given area. Once finished I pull these pallets to the backroom and beginning back stocking them.
So yeah. I do scan trucks. Have been 5 days a week for the last year. When I’m off another employee does it.
This is why i like the breakroom lol. Blows my mind stores are still doing this. Are you in a small format or something?

This is why i like the breakroom lol. Blows my mind stores are still doing this. Are you in a small format or something?
No not small format, we right now are averaging 8 trucks a week, at roughly 1500 a piece. Back in December and just during general holiday it was 8-10 in the 1800-2200 range per truck.

Clearly you don’t get what I’m saying . I know how to sacan a truck since back of times of lpda, and pda. What I’m saying that not target is allowed to use it no matter the volume of the store . The process is push all.

That’s a small format . 1500 is easy money just like the rest of your trucks .
Buddy I don't know what you want me to tell you here alright, I am just telling you what I do and have been doing. So if your responses are just gonna be essentially calling me a liar, I don't have much else to say to you. Sorry I don't know the difference between small format and super, but that honestly doesn't matter now does it in the context of the position I am referring to that shouldn't exist anyways lmao.

Does anyone else's store have an individual, whom on truck unload works at the front of the line and scans off any bulk backstock/transition product (or from areas that are heavy in product that day), puts it on pallets, then backstocks the product on those pallets in there appropriate backroom sections after unload? Also, they update all the BRLA signs once a week in both the backroom and receiving. Paid just like a GM team member.
Very recently, yes. The best backroom guy in years - not so much for the salesfloor though.

That’s a small format . 1500 is easy money just like the rest of your trucks .
Thats only slightly under my store and we did a little over 50 mill last year. I just meant small format where they get the freight already sorted on racks. Tbh idk why any store would still scan a truck seems like a waste of time to me.

Thats only slightly under my store and we did a little over 50 mill last year. I just meant small format where they get the freight already sorted on racks. Tbh idk why any store would still scan a truck seems like a waste of time to me.
Small format is literally a type of store format, it's not related to them getting serviced by a fulfillment center or sort center as opposed to a DC. You're just thinking of freight volume.

But all stores except UHV overnight stores should be push all, and last I heard they were making the UHVs switch to push all well now

Small format is literally a type of store format, it's not related to them getting serviced by a fulfillment center or sort center as opposed to a DC. You're just thinking of freight volume.

But all stores except UHV overnight stores should be push all, and last I heard they were making the UHVs switch to push all well now
Yeah i know im just saying they have a different process then regular stores, since they have limited space. I was just curious as that seems like something that could be done in that type of process. I was under the impression that all stores were push all.

You have to LEAD people to be a team lead.
Can you please explain about the Visual Merchandiser Lead (VM) and the Property Management Lead (PML/PMT)?

It's called Receiving / Reverse Logistics / Janitor / Hey You Do All This Shit at my store....
For the same pay as a GM TM. That’s the hurtful part when so much is on our plate.

We don't have a backroom team member but we do have dedicated ppl pull one for one batches. They pull and push. Sometimes they just stage it for DBO. It has been a tremendous help. I would love to see an old fashion BR team member that could assist w the back stocking portion especially overnight. When there is 2 trucks it tends to get messy.

When I was first hired at Target, my shift leaders kept mentioning something about a DBO... but our backroom team members quit as well as the cardboard operator... Ever since then i never once hear my shift leaders talk about DBOs

The overnight General Merchandise team members at our store handle the pulls or whatever leftover backstock that was left behind...
But any overnight team members are tasked to unload the truck (or at the very least help out on the line) and backstock.

Back