Archived Does your store spider wrap legos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store just recently started to..

The lego vendor was in here the other day and i saw him and I'm sure he knew the legos had spider wraps. AP started doing it first, then i kept it maintained lol. Using the small spider wrap but the new version because that one seems to fit all and be the wrap that can protect the most without damaging the box.

My old store did, to the point of damaging the box and pissing off a lot of guests. But I had to shrug to them, because the shortage in that area was insane. I think our compromise was that we kept the majority of the super high dollar stuff in the electronic stockroom and took it to the front lane for the collectors so that they could have their perfect box.

Legos are a huge theft item. Obviously fitting room and cosmetics lead the way but we have had people pushing out Legos or hiding them in tubs for a while

I think we have to get approval from our APD before we spider wrap legos. It says specifically in the merchandise protection guidelines that we can only use the EAS stickers on them.

I always thought they should have spider wrapped Legos. Now since I read this post, looks like my thoughts are now a reality. Anything you can conceal in containers I feel should be spiderwrapped especially since some Legos ARE containers themselves.

We sadly dont have lego theft. People love to take cds and movies, Id image that be next to be locked up.

Our thieves were much more crafty. Reprint a barcode label and stick it on much higher priced sets. Cashiers just ring them up, remove the spider wrap and the guest gets a 100 dollar Lego set for 19.99 lol

Our thieves were much more crafty. Reprint a barcode label and stick it on much higher priced sets. Cashiers just ring them up, remove the spider wrap and the guest gets a 100 dollar Lego set for 19.99 lol
Ticket switch cases are a bitch to track.

This happens so much at my store with like mini fridges, keurigs, etc in SCO. I mean like if you watch them, they scan it, so you think all is good, but then when you walk past to check the screen it’s actually the barcode for like a $10 item. They are super good at covering the actual barcode with a barcode sticker.

I'm pretty sure our contract with Lego says we won't spiderwrap their products.

Only that that's ever spider wrapped in my store is expensive stuff that ISN'T on a locking peghook. (By this I mean that our Fitbits aren't spider wrapped since they're on locking peghooks) Basicslly only things that are spider wrapped are Kuerigs, Dysons, TVs, some wifi routers and a bunch of the Smart Home shit

I think we have to get approval from our APD before we spider wrap legos. It says specifically in the merchandise protection guidelines that we can only use the EAS stickers on them.
Spiderwraps are a no-no for Legos. But the logic makes no sense. They don't want us damaging the box by squeezing a spiderwrap on it because of collector value. Yet we slap a EAS sticker on it?

Spiderwraps are a no-no for Legos. But the logic makes no sense. They don't want us damaging the box by squeezing a spiderwrap on it because of collector value. Yet we slap a EAS sticker on it?
All of our boxes are already completely crushed by the time they go on the shelf, lol. We have a shitty Flow team at stacking

My old store and my current one it's a no on both spider wraps and stickers because it's a collector's item.. Honestly, most guests that buy the higher end ones, $75+ are collectors so it does make sense..

Our store always used to spider wrap legos. Then, about 2 years ago, corporate sent down a REDwire instructing all stores to remove spider wraps from legos and replace them with EAS stickers.

It really depends on the discretion of the APBP, but best practice is not to.

We sadly dont have lego theft. People love to take cds and movies, Id image that be next to be locked up.

blu rays are becoming cheap as fuck unless its a high profile movie or a classic we dont care to lock up blu rays and our cd aisle has two cameras on it so..yeah good luck skirting by AP more than a couple times...I never thought about legos but someone has stolen the millenium falcon before from that aisle and I was amazed. Ashamed too because I just walked by that aisle minutes before so the thief must've waited for me to pass and pounced quick.

Hell yes, we spider-wrap legos. At my store, the price point for Lego merch pro is like $50 and up.

But I've found that in my store, people tend to ticket-switch on Legos more often than straight-up stealing them. Either that, or they tear open the packaging to retrieve just a specific Lego figure that's only available in one Lego set, things like that.

That's odd, because in my district, the word seems to be that we have to use spider-wrap, or some other protective device that won't deface the packaging. We're specifically told not to use EAS stickers, as they can't easily be removed from the packaging without damaging it.

And when the Lego people come to check the product on the shelves, they throw a fit when they see EAS stickers on the boxes. They've never once asked us to remove the spider-wrap, but if they see stickers on them, there'll be hell to pay.

*shrug*

That's odd, because in my district, the word seems to be that we have to use spider-wrap, or some other protective device that won't deface the packaging. We're specifically told not to use EAS stickers, as they can't easily be removed from the packaging without damaging it.

And when the Lego people come to check the product on the shelves, they throw a fit when they see EAS stickers on the boxes. They've never once asked us to remove the spider-wrap, but if they see stickers on them, there'll be hell to pay.

*shrug*
If I remember correctly on the merch protection guideline sheet it states EAS stickers only for Legos. I want to say the price point was $59.99 and up but I could be wrong. Also I remember a reminder being sent out specifically stating not to use spider wraps because of potential collector value. It was around one of the Star Wars Legos releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back