Archived DPCI vs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love when TM's, some of which have worked at Target for years and know the store inside and out, call that little 9 digit number that target uses a......*drumroll*.......DCPI. A what? So those of you that don't know, DPCI stands for Department Class Item. Therefore the DP portion comes from 1 word. When you say DCPI, the acronym cannot even be broken down. It makes no sense. I get a chuckle every time it gets used, because I know a couple of TM's that say it that way and that way only. It's worth the internal smile it puts on my internal mouth :)

When I worked with books people would give me the "ISBN number" and I've heard people say they need a "PIN number". We tend to forget what the acronyms stand for.

I love when TM's, some of which have worked at Target for years and know the store inside and out, call that little 9 digit number that target uses a......*drumroll*.......DCPI. A what? So those of you that don't know, DPCI stands for Department Class Item. Therefore the DP portion comes from 1 word. When you say DCPI, the acronym cannot even be broken down. It makes no sense. I get a chuckle every time it gets used, because I know a couple of TM's that say it that way and that way only. It's worth the internal smile it puts on my internal mouth :)

Hey backroom I just put in an EFX pull can you grab that for me?

I actually do this all the time. :eek: I'm trying to break myself of the habit. It's from mild dyslexia and I often don't know I've said it wrong unless someone corrects me.

LOL! When I started at Target, we had an STL who used to confuse the RWT with RTW. It used to annoy my TL when he'd say "RTW" when he was talking about the RWT.

OK, now I'm going to have DCPI instead of DPCI stuck in my head and it's all your fault:rolleyes:.

When I worked with books people would give me the "ISBN number" and I've heard people say they need a "PIN number". We tend to forget what the acronyms stand for.

That has always bothered me. Or when they say ATM machine or UPC code.

To completely derail the thread, how about "nape of the neck", "irregardless" & "unraveling"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back