Archived Dr Pepper/Sunkist

Status
Not open for further replies.

buliSBI

Former Team Member
Who delivers your Dr Pepper and Sunkist product? And when is it on sale?

I always wondered about this because I have formerly worked stores where Pepsi delivers it...Coke delivers it...Pepsi delivers the shelf product and Coke delivers the BIBs to Food Ave.

Then worked stores where it is only on sale when it specifically says Dr Pepper/Sunkist.

It depends. Pepsi delivers Dr. Pepper but I believe 7Up delivers Sunkist. Yes, 7Up is part of Pepsi but they are different vendors. Coke used to deliver Dr. Pepper but then Pepsi now delivers it. Weird shit right?

Pepsi handles Dr Pepper at my store and the 7up guy handles Sunkist. Usually Dr Pepper is on sale when Pepsi is on sale for us. Sunkist is only on sale when things like Canada Dry, A&W, 7up, etc are on sale.

Dr. Pepper is maintained by different companies in different regions of the company.
Soda companies work as regional bottlers and distributors in different markets. So soda in LA could be bottled and sold by a different group then in Nashville.
Winner, winner chicken dinner. Nh is bottled by coke, Me is bottled by Pepsi where I am. They run the same or their own sales in my nh store. It's delivered by coke I believe, although the Snapple vendor fluffs it.

I'd give my left arm for pibb instead.

On the logistics page of the item when scanned on a my device, it will list the vendor near the bottom.

On the logistics page of the item when scanned on a my device, it will list the vendor near the bottom.
Does that change depending on the store? Like would it say Dr. Pepper at my store but Pepsi for a store where Pepsi handles it?

Does that change depending on the store? Like would it say Dr. Pepper at my store but Pepsi for a store where Pepsi handles it?
It probably does. My store's serviced by DPSG, but the invoices and the MyDevice info lists a different, presumably smaller/more local company. If that makes any sense.

DP is Coke, Sunkist is Pepsi.
The Wikipedia page for Dr. Pepper Snapple Group shows that both Dr. Pepper and Sunkist are owned by said company. In my market the independent bottler that has the contract to bottle Pepsi also has a contract to bottle Dr. Pepper, Sunkist, and 7Up among other drinks that are part of the above-listed group. In other markets, the Coke Bottler had this contract and then still in some markets there is a third bottler that has the contract.

Yes, it is based on your regional distributor.

The Wikipedia page for Dr. Pepper Snapple Group shows that both Dr. Pepper and Sunkist are owned by said company. In my market the independent bottler that has the contract to bottle Pepsi also has a contract to bottle Dr. Pepper, Sunkist, and 7Up among other drinks that are part of the above-listed group. In other markets, the Coke Bottler had this contract and then still in some markets there is a third bottler that has the contract.

It's weird, because DP is Coke, Sunkist is Pepsi, and Snapple is another company altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back