Archived Dr. Suess??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking of this today what happened to Dr. Suess?? Last year Target had Lorax read to kids in stores and the year before that they did Cat in the hat ( I think) this year I saw nothing in ad about Dr. Suess so I wonder did Target pull out?? It would seem odd Target would pull out of the Dr.Suess readings it seemed like a huge event for such a long time I even remember Oprah mentioning it one time I think.....

I want to say that somewhere along the line I read that Target was stopping the "Read Across America" day because there wasn't a lot of sales that were generated and the attendance was down?

It does seem to me that it would be awfully stupid for Target to pull out of this when one of the BIG things that Target does is Fix-up school libraries.

Right now our store has tons of Dr. Seuss books with fabulous prices. I think that Dr. Seuss' birthday was just this past week or so. Maybe the Dr. Seuss stuff is separate from "Read Across America." I'm thinking that the "Read" is more towards the Spring.

Who knows.....anybody else got any idea?

:wacko: If they got rid of read across america! I know that was huge for Target and it I know it was different from the Dr. Suess thing but I remember seeing it all over the place on Target's website and on volunteer boards.

Last edited:
Since it was supposed to be March 2 I guess Spot decided they didn't want to play any more.

my store is sending volunteers to schools to read to students but I have seen nothing about in store other than the endcap we had in MMB

We just had ours yesterday. TMs dressed as Cat in the Hat and things 1, 2, and 3. We haven't heard anything about not doing it anymore.

I'm not for sure when it is or if it passed already but we received all of our materials for Dr. Seuss.

If corp won't sponsor it, stores should just man up and do it anyways. Just another example why Target is going downhill, they won't even read for the kids anymore. Soon they won't be able to gut positions at stores any longer, and it wouldn't surprise me if they started to gut their giving to communities.

If corp won't sponsor it, stores should just man up and do it anyways. Just another example why Target is going downhill, they won't even read for the kids anymore. Soon they won't be able to gut positions at stores any longer, and it wouldn't surprise me if they started to gut their giving to communities.

as a fortune 500 company they are required to donate 5% so the donating to community will probably stay as its a good cover for them so they look good to people who don't know its a requirement

I'm just saying that Target is continuously making their store experience worse and worse. Instead of coming up with a good solution they are using cop outs such as cutting payroll/positions; eventually they won't be able to anymore and they will continue looking for easy outs.

as a fortune 500 company they are required to donate 5% so the donating to community will probably stay as its a good cover for them so they look good to people who don't know its a requirement

Where do you get this 5% donation requirement from?

Where do you get this 5% donation requirement from?
a co worker going to school for businesses mentioned it

it is a company wide thing, "we" don't do that anymore because of low "turn out". It's BS in my opinion.

I was just thinking of this today what happened to Dr. Suess?? Last year Target had Lorax read to kids in stores and the year before that they did Cat in the hat ( I think) this year I saw nothing in ad about Dr. Suess so I wonder did Target pull out?? It would seem odd Target would pull out of the Dr.Suess readings it seemed like a huge event for such a long time I even remember Oprah mentioning it one time I think.....

Our store participated in the Dr Seuss readings this year. :good:

We did an event at one of the team member's school for her classroom. She is a full time teacher and a part time Target team member. I don't remember seeing anything about a public event at our Target this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back