Dress code change

At our huddle this morning they said that we will be receiving a new digital employee handbook next month on Workday and that there will be a secret change to the dress code. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? The company maybwant to create consistency in our outfits so we all look the same.

It looks like it is on workday now. It says last updated 3/25/22. It looks pretty normal to me, except drive up TMs can wear shorts. I don’t have drive up so I don’t know if that was already the policy and I was just unaware.

Edit: It looks like it was already allowed, even though lots of team members complain about it not being allowed at their stores. ASANTS.

Last edited:
It looks like it is on workday now. It says last updated 3/25/22. It looks pretty normal to me, except drive up TMs can wear shorts. I don’t have drive up so I don’t know if that was already the policy and I was just unaware.
Anyone working in the heat exposure is allowed to wear shorts :It’s been in the handbook since forever .

Last edited:
I've been wearing shorts all along. Nobody said anything, not even the vice president when we had a walkthrough. I take that as nobody cares.

Ok I deeply apologizing for completely derailing this thread by mentioning the word “shorts”. Evidently it has always been allowed.

We only need about 7 or 8 more people commenting about how they are or aren’t allowed to wear shorts for drive up at their store even though the question has been thoroughly answered several times already, but let’s not get into double digits.

So, getting back to the original question, do we know yet what the "secret" change is? Personally, I wouldn't mind some consistency. We have one TM whose favorite shirt seems to be a gray plaid with a teeny bit of red in it. And one female TM who seems to think everyone needs to see that she has an "innie" when she lifts her arms to put something on a higher shelf and her very short shirt rides up. ASANTS can be a little ridiculous.

I checked out the April Planner yesterday and it says "color change" or something similar.

Back