Archived Dress Code for some ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear red. It's that simple. They said red shirt/khakis, so that's what I wear, along with about 1/2 the TMs

Otherwise, it's anyone's guess as to who is an employee at my store. Plaid with a little red, burgundy, purple, orange, white with tiny red stripes, see through red lace with white camisoles, yellow tees with claret sweaters, I mean, sometimes you see a TM from the back and want to say "can I help you find anything?"

So yeah, that and a totally useless poll because, polls.

We have some people who will come in wearing a red sweater, then take it off with a different color shirt underneath. Management started to put a stop to that.
Right now the one dress code that isn't enforced is wearing a nametag. My team seems to think "We're here overnight with no guests. We don't have to have follow the dress code". One of the girls is constantly wearing slip on shoes or sandals, and yoga pants. Yeah, that's completely acceptable.

My store allows ladies to wear capris in the summer . Although, I don't really understand how they could be cooler cause they aren't that much shorter than pants. However, who am I to judge. I do know that some guys kept saying how it wasn't right that the females can wear capris etc. The etl log said well we never told you ( men) that you couldn't wear them and laughed. About a week later a flow team member showed up in capris. I guess he had cut off a pair of pants and hemmed them up. The look on the etl/log face was priceless.

Yeah, guys can wear capris, otherwise it would be sexist to not allow it.

I just wish there was a little more consistency and that all TM's were treated the same. Some of us have worn not-quite-red shirts and been told that they're not allowed. I think I'll try purple tomorrow and see what happens.

Yeah, guys can wear capris, otherwise it would be sexist to not allow it.

I just wish there was a little more consistency and that all TM's were treated the same. Some of us have worn not-quite-red shirts and been told that they're not allowed. I think I'll try purple tomorrow and see what happens.

In my store, leadership is a lot more worried about what front end tm's are wearing. I wear red and white striped shirts and no one's got a problem with it.

I wear a red polo shirt and my name tag 100% of the time. I alternate between black and khaki pants whenever the other isn't clean or I need a new pair.

One of my ETLs wears maroon/purple constantly.

We have some people who will come in wearing a red sweater, then take it off with a different color shirt underneath. Management started to put a stop to that.
Right now the one dress code that isn't enforced is wearing a nametag. My team seems to think "We're here overnight with no guests. We don't have to have follow the dress code". One of the girls is constantly wearing slip on shoes or sandals, and yoga pants. Yeah, that's completely acceptable.

If we do overnight stuff, usually plano, they dont really care what they wear if they arent working when the store is open as long as the job gets done

I wasn't allowed to wear my pink jacket. It apparently had to be red. Is that the same at other peoples stores?

Our entire backroom team wears black hoddies and snapbacks And no one seems to care

We have a guy who wears a kilt on a regular basis just to prove a point. I imagine he is much cooler. DEFINITELY not gay or transgender. No one can stop him. Nothing in handbook last I saw states otherwise preventing him from doing so. It does turn heads tho lol they won't write him up or reduce hours because he is one of the hardest workers in the store, and always comes in!

As to rest of dress code, it has to be rederyish on top. Stripes are tolerated. Can be a vest with other colors under vest, on top and every shade of kakhi exists on the bottom.

2 words...black pants.

We still have team members wearing plaid shirts. I thought that was a last october thing. And most of their pants are so tight i dont know how they can move much less work. Its ridiculous.

We have a guy who wears a kilt on a regular basis just to prove a point. I imagine he is much cooler. DEFINITELY not gay or transgender. No one can stop him. Nothing in handbook last I saw states otherwise preventing him from doing so. It does turn heads tho lol they won't write him up or reduce hours because he is one of the hardest workers in the store, and always comes in!

As to rest of dress code, it has to be rederyish on top. Stripes are tolerated. Can be a vest with other colors under vest, on top and every shade of kakhi exists on the bottom.

Do you work at @Kartman 's store?

Actually, kilts are classified as shorts in Spot's world. If you aren't designated as CA on your shift, you can't wear either.
drinkbeer.gif

That's not fair for the other TM's.

Many of us on Flow have been wearing shorts recently. It's goddamn crazy hot in the store (heater seems like it's cranked up to mid-winter levels) and most of us are out when the store opens. I do have a pair of khaki colored jeans in my car just in case I have to stay, but I've stayed up to my fifth without changing and nobody's said anything yet. I always wear a red or used-to-be-red shirt and almost always forget my nametag. If I need a nametag I grab a random one from the office.

I think I posted in a similar thread that all leadership -- including GSAs, PAs (which aren't really 'leadership'), TLs, etc. -- at my previous store were required to wear button down collared red shirts, tucked in. And definitely no plaid or patterns or logos -- just solid red. When I was promoted from cashier to GSA, my STL expected me to replace my wardrobe of red t-shirts with polos or other button downs. I guess he figured the 50¢ raise would cover the cost.

I don't think there was any way to enforce this policy as it didn't come down from corporate or even the DTL, just our very conservative STL. So he would treat me badly for it because I kept wearing my t-shirts.

I usually wear super dark red hoodies that probably aren't considered red (I bought them at Target and the tag said red if they ever try fighting me on it) and a red Target T-shirt underneath. My STL wears a pink polo at least once a week, some cashiers have gotten away with mostly orange plaid, and a tm in market wears fuschia a lot. They have cracked down on everyone wearing name tags, which I would be fine with if they would order me a new one like they told me they would last fall.

Used to be red :D
I wish people were more thoughtful about footwear. I see a lot of flimsy sneaker-like shoes. Makes me cringe for dem tozez if a pallet takes a bad hop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back