Archived Dress code wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right side is brand. Look at all the target branded Polo's and button ups. They all have the bullseye on the left because you're supposed to wear your tag on the right.

Most TMs at my store wear it on the right, but I put mine on the left side because I'm right-handed and it's easier for me.

I've always been told it doesn't matter which side but I usually put mine on the right side of my shirt unless I'm wearing the vest which has the pin holes on the left side. We have one srtl who always wears his on the left side right under the bullseye. I just checked my handbook and it doesn't specify which side.

All 3 stores I have worked out mandate that the name tag is to be worn on the right side,
Capris have been more of a district thing for me.
My current district says no capris.
I remember some lady Tina something or other who was VP of something or other used to come in the store on visits wearing capris.

I have always been under the impression that it goes on your right side (looking at the person its on their left; if you are looking down at yourself, it is on your right). I actually had a debate with another TM about it so i pulled up the employee handbook on workbench about dresscode, and it actually doesn't cover it. typically the whole 'on the side of the hand you shake with' is true for that reason.

No capris in my district..... Everyone wishes we could wear them but again district policy so my ETL pointed out a few weeks back when people were saying it's so hot! My ETL feels for everyone he really,really does but he says no can do.... policies are policies.... if you want to wear shorts he said ( trying to be funny) be a cart attendant. The name tag I don't think it matters at my store honestly..... FA wears their nametags on their hats, Flow wears theirs upside down. No one really cares lol

I was told the name tag should be on the left side so gusts can read it easily while you're cashiering on the lanes.

Oh, and no capris, but I'm constantly rolling my pants up in the pharmacy because people keep turning on the damn SPACE HEATERS!!!! Yes, space heaters when it's 100 degrees out!!!

Oh, and no capris, but I'm constantly rolling my pants up in the pharmacy because people keep turning on the damn SPACE HEATERS!!!! Yes, space heaters when it's 100 degrees out!!!

I have one of those at my other job, 98 degrees outside and she has the heater on.....I have to have a fan running on my feet to keep them from burning.....

If you wear your name tag on your left side, the guest is 2.5 times more likely to call you by your first name during the transaction.

If you wear your name tag on your left side, the guest is 2.5 times more likely to call you by your first name during the transaction.

If this were true, I would definitely switch to wearing it on my right!

So glad I don't have to deal with this anymore. I do understand the reason for red and khaki, with the whole being one team, one voice, etc... However, it has been my experience, you can be a team and not have to all look-a-like. At my new place of work (even though I have been there a month, still feels new), it was stated on our agreement (work contract, whatever you wanna call it), stated business casual for dresscode. However, in orientation they elaborated and said everyone had a different interpretation of what business casual is. Some people came in suits, others button ups and slacks, polos and jeans, and kinda followed that pattern. Until we got the full run down of what dresscode was acceptable. Basically for dresscode as long as you don't wear ripped up jeans, spaghetti straps, offensive t-shirts or your pj's, then it is fair game ( and before anyone says anything, this does not mean you can wear your birthday suit, lol).

LOL, gosh I am actually glad walmart has a dresscode. Some people who shop there where some pretty interesting attire lol

LOL, gosh I am actually glad walmart has a dresscode. Some people who shop there where some pretty interesting attire lol

Heck, I've seen some EMPLOYEES who could qualify for peopleofwalmart.com lol!!!! I was unaware that they made "flesh-toned" yoga pants in velour until my last trip to WM........

The HR ETL said they talked with their boss' boss and that Spot is officially going the route of all pants must be ankle length and only the CA can wear anything shorter. And skirts must be "well below knee length." I'm over it, personally. I'm used to the fact that even when it's not even 70F outside, I'm going to roast in the store and listen to customers complain about how warm it is.

The HR ETL said they talked with their boss' boss and that Spot is officially going the route of all pants must be ankle length and only the CA can wear anything shorter. And skirts must be "well below knee length." I'm over it, personally. I'm used to the fact that even when it's not even 70F outside, I'm going to roast in the store and listen to customers complain about how warm it is.

If you're at a pFresh (or Super) Target, go spend a couple minutes in the freezer... it's what I do to cool down.

we have a whole lot of 'maroon/purple is close enough to red' going on at my store ....

sigh.

we have a whole lot of 'maroon/purple is close enough to red' going on at my store ....

sigh.
Us, too. Also, various variations on pink:wacko:. And I was in market yesterday and found just walking past the coolers and in dairy really helped, a lot. To cool down, that is.

sigh.

That and we have someone (might be new, but I really don't know) who keeps wearing a plaid shirt which is annoying the world out of me. But apparently that's okay?

We wear capris in our store, but I can't wear them behind the pharmacy because the dress code is supposedly more strict back there (I guess I really don't care, they're the reason I get a higher paycheck!), and we can't wear them at Starbucks because Starbucks doesn't allow them in their regular stores. Boys aren't allowed to wear shorts unless they're cart attendant. We have a lot of girls at my store who wear a different colored or patterned shirt and then a red sweater over it. The reason I do it is because I have a really hard time finding flattering shirts that happen to be RED! I have a coworker who does it because she's pregnant and has so far found literally zero red maternity shirts. No worries, guests still have noooo problem picking us out in the crowd.

I would be extremely uncomfortable if Target made us all wear the same exact pants, same shoes, button down shirt, belt, tucked in. Let's face it, some of our bodies just aren't made for that. Picturing some team members now.......... nnnnope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back