Archived dress code...weekends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my store has said absolutely nothing about it

I would give it another week since it isn't February yet. They still have some time to announce it (albeit last minute).

apparently stl said we won't be participating due to tms not following guidelines on denim in december

Like @HRZone said in an earlier post, this jeans thing was announced by Janna (a high-level executive way above your STL in rank). Your STL can't just take it away. If he or she does ban it during February, then call the hotline.

Do the pants have to be blue denim or can they be black?
For Nov/Dec our store said that the jeans had to be blue....but denim does come in a couple of colors.......mostly dark colors.....oh, just noticed it says jeans......that opens up a variety of colors...hmmm....anyone know the answer for the color of jeans?

I simplify it to team members like this... If you look presentable and they are clean regular colored jeans you'll be fine.

If you want to look like a clown and wear pink jeans with holes in them. They might take this away and you'll ruin it for everyone.

Look nice and presentable and there won't be any issues.

It's company wide. Your store doesn't have a choice.

Janaa is way up there.
I thought the STL could decide whether or not they wanted their store to do it? My STL was pissed about how TMs dressed through December, so I heard our store might do it. We had TMs coming in with holes in their pants, yoga pants, coloured jeans, etc.

I thought the STL could decide whether or not they wanted their store to do it? My STL was pissed about how TMs dressed through December, so I heard our store might do it.

When Target announces something (like Janna did via e-mail and public Twitter), they want stores to carry it out. This "jeans every weekend" thing is supposed to be a reward for our great performance during the holidays. If your STL decides to take away the reward during February, then notify the hotline. Your STL will suddenly be "so excited for denim weekends." :rolleyes:

We had TMs coming in with holes in their pants, yoga pants, coloured jeans, etc.

Holey pants?! Yoga pants?! :eek: All other professional dress code rules are still in effect. The only thing different is that TMs can wear pants in the denim fabric.

I thought the STL could decide whether or not they wanted their store to do it? My STL was pissed about how TMs dressed through December, so I heard our store might do it. We had TMs coming in with holes in their pants, yoga pants, coloured jeans, etc.

Your STL should have coached those tms. Yoga/Lycra pants are specifically banned in the handbook. Our STL wore denim just like the rest of us.

If your STL decides to take away the reward during February, then notify the hotline. Your STL will suddenly be "so excited for denim weekends.

Yeah, I wish TMs realized to simply call the hotline on that crap. They have no way of knowing it's you who called and the HRBP usually comes in guns a blazing in those situations. I had an ETL HR who refused to give out vest (legally required in my state) -- one hotline call and she was giving them out like candy. These people don't want to be fired lol.

Do the pants have to be blue denim or can they be black?
For Nov/Dec our store said that the jeans had to be blue....but denim does come in a couple of colors.......mostly dark colors.....oh, just noticed it says jeans......that opens up a variety of colors...hmmm....anyone know the answer for the color of jeans?

Wondering if I can get away with the jeans on the sales floor that have no holes and look very neat and clean...but are light green.

I wish there was a pajama day. But I'm not sure how that would work in Red and Khaki....

Anyway, I don't think my jeans are any more comfortable than my work pants. Most of my jeans aren't work appropriate either because of rips. I don't get the point of this being some kind of perk, because why would I want to "waste" my nice clothes at work?

I wish we'd stick with the boring old red and khaki. Guests know who to ask for help. Plus I'd rather save my jeans for fun stuff. And when our STL wore jeans with holes in the knees, not once but multiple times, last quarter, I felt embarrassed. Yeah, that sets a great example. Not sure my store really has a dress code anymore.

I wish we'd stick with the boring old red and khaki. Guests know who to ask for help. Plus I'd rather save my jeans for fun stuff. And when our STL wore jeans with holes in the knees, not once but multiple times, last quarter, I felt embarrassed. Yeah, that sets a great example. Not sure my store really has a dress code anymore.

You can still wear red and khaki, the point is you get a choice

I had an ETL HR who refused to give out vest (legally required in my state) -- one hotline call and she was giving them out like candy. These people don't want to be fired lol.

lol Why would she refuse providing vests in the first place though (assuming she was aware of the requirement)? Same - my state requires it too. The info about team colors (dress code, red vests req) in HR Zone specifically mentions our two states only so that means we both get to pass out vests like candy at our stores. Haha. :p

Last edited:
lol Why would she refuse providing vests in the first place though (assuming she was aware of the requirement)? Same - my state requires it too. The info about team colors (dress code, red vests req) in HR Zone specifically mentions our two states only so that means we both get to pass out vests like candy at our stores. Haha. :p

She hates having to dryclean them and we did have a theft problem with them for a while where people took them home or stored them in lockers

I was wearing my red and khaki with my name badge and I still had a guest ask if I worked there.

Uh I kept my vest are we not allowed to, no one said anything lol. We don’t always have HR in so I didn’t want to show up with my non red shirt thinking “oh it’s fine I’ll just get a vest” but then no one being there to get me one. I got one once and I’ve had it for months and I barely ever wear red shirts anymore I wear super cute blouses with the vest on top, I keep it folded in my purse

She hates having to dryclean them and we did have a theft problem with them for a while where people took them home or stored them in lockers

Oh I see. That does sound like a pain to deal with, Luckily, not very many people ask for vests at my store.

Uh I kept my vest are we not allowed to, no one said anything lol. We don’t always have HR in so I didn’t want to show up with my non red shirt thinking “oh it’s fine I’ll just get a vest” but then no one being there to get me one. I got one once and I’ve had it for months and I barely ever wear red shirts anymore I wear super cute blouses with the vest on top, I keep it folded in my purse

If you are located in a CA or WA store, they are required to have vests available for Team Members who ask for one. If people keep taking vests from these stores, then they wouldn't have enough to lend to other TMs and could get in trouble for it.

Dress Code - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I was wearing my red and khaki with my name badge and I still had a guest ask if I worked there.

I've had that happen too, and I was carrying equipment.

During December I was helping a guest who was wearing a red sweater and even though I was the one with the name tag and equipment a second guest walked up to her and asked her for help.

I saw someone in red and khaki carrying a few clothing items to the fitting room. I thought she was a hardlines TM I had not met yet, turned out she was a guest wanting to try stuff on. (Why the fuck would you wear red and khaki if you are going to shop at Target?)

And the best one. I was off the clock and wearing a forest green shirt and a guest walked up to me and asked me if I worked there. Green shirt. Do I have "Target" tattooed on my forehead??

Those vests do NOT need to be dry-cleaned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back