Archived dress code...weekends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are located in a CA or WA store, they are required to have vests available for Team Members who ask for one. If people keep taking vests from these stores, then they wouldn't have enough to lend to other TMs and could get in trouble for it.

Yup a pack of 5 on SAP is 40 bucks so we make people sign them in and out.

Those vests do NOT need to be dry-cleaned!

Stores are given a budget to dry clean p fresh suits and vest. It cost us nothing, I decided I'm not going to use my own washer and dryer for Target lol

Yes, you're right... washing a couple vests once a week or so will really wear out your machine!

Last edited:
You can still wear red and khaki, the point is you get a choice
I know I can still wear the red & khaki. And I understand that some really like that they can wear jeans for their Target shifts. I don't, so the choice means nothing to me. And as a reward, this seems pretty lame.

I don’t understand complaining about guests not knowing you work there lol am I the only one that’s like “please don’t talk to me or ask me questions”

And the best one. I was off the clock and wearing a forest green shirt and a guest walked up to me and asked me if I worked there. Green shirt. Do I have "Target" tattooed on my forehead??

Maybe they recognized you but weren't entirely sure? I've had some of my regulars notice me and stop to chat if I acknowledge them while I'm shopping off the clock.

Yes, you're right... washing a couple vests once a week or so will really wear out your machine!

I'm not going to wash vest just like I'm sure you don't wash the towels when you wipe carts or the orange vest they give ya :)

I don't use their cheesy hi-viz vests and I've never wiped carts.

I'm not going to wash vest just like I'm sure you don't wash the towels when you wipe carts or the orange vest they give ya :)

I do wash mine every couple of months. Not that it ever looks clean some of that grime is ground in for life.. You can almost tell who works by how stained some of their gear is..

I do wash mine every couple of months. Not that it ever looks clean some of that grime is ground in for life.. You can almost tell who works by how stained some of their gear is..

At the cafe in the Big Box Book Store they had a service that would wash the towels and aprons.
Or at least they did until the company started having money issues.
When the book store got six months behind they stopped picking up and we were taking them home and washing them ourselves because stuff got so nasty.
I worked as the office manager and started getting calls from the collection agencies.
Since it wasn't me they were after, for a change, it was actually kind of fun.
The agency was a law firm from Seattle and I asked the guy on the phone if he had gone to law school.
He said yes and I just couldn't help asking him how it felt to spend all that money and time to be making phone calls, collecting money on dirty towels.
He hung up on me.

I saw my HR-ETL today and mentioned that being able to wear denim of different colors was nice...since the only denim I have is black that at least now I can wear them if I want to. Well, my HR says that she thinks that the denim has to be blue, but that she'll look into it and clarify the weekend dress code....it will be interesting to see what she discovers.
Actually, I don't really care much about the denim option.....I just want to know if black or other colors are possible. For the Nov/Dec "reward" we were told that we could only wear blue jeans. As I don't have blue jeans I had to stay with my Red and khaki......as a cashier I don't have to worry about ruining my pants, so if other denim colors are allowed, I'll probably go denim sometimes during this year....but if it has to be blue denim jeans there ain't no way I'm going to buy pants to wear for Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back