Archived Dress Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked at Target for over 12 years and have never had to tuck in my shirt. Now we have a new district manager that wants all shirts tucked in. Does anyone know if this is actually in the handbook or what the policy is on shirts being tucked in. I do not wear over sized sloppy shirts and have never had a complaint about my appearance before I am just not comfortable tucking in my shirt.

just common sense to dress smart. Tuck it in and don't complain or you may not get that raise you want, lol.
I hope that shirt has a collar on it, cause that's next.... must wear a collar shirt !!

I don't know if it's actually in the handbook but I've seen a sign that shows the Best Practices uniform and one of the part of it, including which side you nametag is supposed to be on, is that your shirt is tucked in.

Now knowing that ASANTS we can see that many do not enforce that but if the DM wants it, they will.
How long that lasts, who knows.

If you're a PA/GSA/any TL at my store, you are "required" (AKA if you don't you will be admonished by our lovely STL) to wear collared uniforms that are tucked in, tan khakis & name tags on the right, at all times. Males must wear belts. Dress shoes instead of tennis shoes are preferred for extra booty-kissing points.

Oh Christ, what a bunch of horse shit. We had an etl once who tried this crap. He pushed it and pushed it.

Then one day, he announces he's putting in his two weeks. He supposedly goes on a week vacation. He was supposed to come back for his last week.

And golly gosh if he didn't ever come back. Shocker!

The STL was pretty pissed. And she wasn't shy about letting people know about it.

So when I hear stupid shit like ... Tuck your shirt ... Ignore. Oh, I'll tell you will. And I may I actually do it right then to placate you. But once that smug face is gone, I'll do what I want.

my store has yet to complain about my non-tuckedness or the name tag on the left with the pikachu sticker on it... i like it here lol

Theres a standard dress code and each store can make their own additions. My HR wanted my Flow TMs to tuck in their shirts. I told her to work flow and see how long your shirt stays tucked. And they wanted TLs to wear collared shirts. I told my flow TLs to dress comfortably. I even wore tshirts on occasion because I got tired of my dress shirts getting messed up.

If you're on the floor just look presentable. That doesn't require tucked shirts and a collar.

The proper response to being asked to tuck in a shirt is to come to work wearing complete formal wear that applies to dress code. Believe me, I've been looking for a red tux for ages (... a red tux that I can get for a dollar at Goodwill)

219191.jpg

This shirt with these pants perhaps?

il_340x270.588092447_bdhq.jpg

If you're a PA/GSA/any TL at my store, you are "required" (AKA if you don't you will be admonished by our lovely STL) to wear collared uniforms that are tucked in, tan khakis & name tags on the right, at all times. Males must wear belts. Dress shoes instead of tennis shoes are preferred for extra booty-kissing points.
F that.

My STL tried to implement a strict dress code (collared dress shirts with dress pants, dress shoes) for all ETLs. That lasted about a week before they all had a mutiny.

I don't tuck my shirt in...climbing up and down ladders it comes un tucked anyways ...then its all wrinkled etc. So, to me it just looks better left un tucked to begin with.

The only people that have to tuck in shirts at my store are salesfloor and management. Cashiers, pharmacy, backroom, HR, all exempt. Overnight is definitely exempt, ETL-LOG would not let the STL try to push that.

Lol, being a PA I would not make it through the day in dress shoes...

Collared shirts? Then why do they offer a employee discount on the target t-shirts? Expect more pay less, target volunteer etc??? Or are those shirts only for us minimum wage bottom feeders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back