Dress Code

*I meant short skirts.
Handbook just says no sheer or revealing clothing ie short mini skirts or bare midriffs, shorts, lycra pants, sunglasses, tube tops, fishnet shirts, half t-shirts, muscle shirts, clothing with profanity or slurs, designs or graphics. I do not mean to be technical, or maybe I do but technically when you google short mini skirt, its something you know for sure you shouldn't be wearing at work. Skirts above the knees which is usually considered "short" are not "short mini skirts". I would use personal judgment and maybe ask HR.

The handbook also says solid color pants, preferably khaki. It doesn't say only khaki, and I wouldn't push anything within your first 90 days. I see people wear black pants, not sure what other color anyone would want to wear with a red top.

Handbook just says no sheer or revealing clothing ie short mini skirts or bare midriffs, shorts, lycra pants, sunglasses, tube tops, fishnet shirts, half t-shirts, muscle shirts, clothing with profanity or slurs, designs or graphics. I do not mean to be technical, or maybe I do but technically when you google short mini skirt, its something you know for sure you shouldn't be wearing at work. Skirts above the knees which is usually considered "short" are not "short mini skirts". I would use personal judgment and maybe ask HR.

The handbook also says solid color pants, preferably khaki. It doesn't say only khaki, and I wouldn't push anything within your first 90 days. I see people wear black pants, not sure what other color anyone would want to wear with a red top.

...Yes that's what I said: No short skirts. I don't really understand the point you're trying to make.

Also you must wear long pants unless you're cart attendant or pushing freight, then you have the option to wear shorts. No skirts.
...Yes that's what I said: No short skirts. I don't really understand the point you're trying to make.
You said no skirts.

You then corrected yourself.

I missed that when I wrote this post.

The person arguing with you probably could have done the same lol.

Moving on...

You said no skirts.

You then corrected yourself.

I missed that when I wrote this post.

The person arguing with you probably could have done the same lol.

Moving on...

Except the other person I was talking with quoted the post where I made my correction so there's no way they missed it.

Except the other person I was talking with quoted the post where I made my correction so there's no way they missed it.

Hey, the handbook says skirts are okay. You made a slight mistake. I'd like to point it out and direct everyone's attention to it. HEY EVERYONE! THIS GUY MADE A MISTAKE!

We have a team member that wears a black/multi-color political candidate t-shirt with the candidates name blazoned on the front - with an open red vest on top.
i think HR should pull him aside and request he not wear that - what do you think ?

No muscle shirts for The Captain? That's not fair. Political shirts might just lead to tension among employees and customers, save them for the beer bar. We don't see any Trump, Sanders or Biden crap on anyone's lawns around here. We're in a nice neighborhood, mixed ethnicity to some degree, every religion imaginable and quite dull and quiet. Like the Captain, quiet and dull. My favorite logo shirt: Joe Namath King of Quarterbacks.

No graphic t-shirts allowed, red vest or not. I can’t see Spot allowing a TM to wear a political shirt on the sales floor, period. That’s just begging for guest complaints or worse. Leadership at my store would tell them to change, wear the shirt inside out, or send them home.

When I'm not feeling lazy and maybe once a month, I'll get my Oxford button-down shirt and pants with the sharp crease and wear that, combined with a tie. I have a collection of over 100 ties so it's never the same one.

Craziest shirt I saw that was repeatedly worn was a Redskins fan shirt. Other than that some questionable "shades" of red (like hot pink dominant plaid). I can't imagine someone wearing a political shirt, that's just intended for a reaction.

They allow graphic t shirts at my store, as well as basically anything patterned with red in it, like abstract or floral print sweaters. I've also seen jeans with prominent holes and skintight jeggings. They are too lax in my opinion but I'm not in charge so whatever.

i wear this shirt with a vest (so yes, leaders have seen the shirt and a couple told me its nice) so milage varies i guess IMG_20200310_001248.jpg

I take my cues on what’s acce put table based on what Leadership is wearing. If it’s good for the goose it’s good for the gander, eh?

Back