• Thread starter TargetHopeful2012
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TargetHopeful2012

Random question, can a team member be termed for breaking dress code? If a TM or exec wears sandals to work one day.. Or forgets to wear the right color shirt, etc and they are under 90 days can they be termed? I saw a TM in sandals at a different store than the one i work in coming out of the back room and that raised my curiosity... I know its not in dress code.. So i was wondering how something like that would be handled...? Particularly if TM is new...Or is it a slap on wrist type offense?

You could be sent home, for sure. Sandals would be a serious no-no. But are you sure they were on the clock? I've never seen a TM not show up in the correct uniform (unless it's the capri argument). It's pretty hard to goof up red on top, khaki on the bottom and close toed shoes.

I'm pretty sure they were on the clock.. But i was just Curious about the policy. Would LOD get into trouble for not sending TM home? When you say sent home u mean sent home for the day not termed.....right?

can i ask why you are always so concerned with what a tm can get in trouble for? I feel like most of your posts are about what and what not will get a tm in trouble.

I am new to target & came from.a place where looking at someone wrong got employees termed, especially under 90 days(ok I'm exaggerating about the looking at someone wrong part.. But only slightly)... I walked on eggshells at my last job, because i was required to term people for small offenses so i was always trying to make sure i was doing EVERYTHING by the book and small offenses worried me. So I'm still learning the culture at Target and trying to understand it better... And also trying to keep my job while I'm at it... So unfortunately i
come home thinking... "crap, i spilled water on the floor... Am i going to be fired?"..... So when something happens with me, or i see somrthing happening with another TM...... i like to ask

Each store seems to have their own tolerance level for the dress code. My store is pretty easy-going. As long as you're in a red shirt and brownish or khaki we're fine.

Some stores make sure that the TMs keep their shirts tucked-in.....some don't care so much.

TMs who wear a jacket over their shirts are OK as long as the jacket is red. We've had TMs with shirts that have a logo (non-target) and they've been allowed to wear the shirts.

Sometimes I think it really depends on the LOD and if they've seen a real violation....or if a TM complains about someone's clothing, then there might be something said about the clothing.

We've had times when a TM has worn a shirt a few times before they have been told that the shirt isn't brand and they can't wear it again.

I wouldn't worry too much. If there is a problem then you'll be told, but I don't think that you'd get anything else unless you continued to wear something that you've been warned about.

My current store is pretty easygoing. When i build bikes I wear a random red T shirt (sometimes blank, sometimes the redcard shirt, and sometimes a Monster Jam or NGK Spark Plugs red shirt with logos all over it), my dirtiest khaki shorts I can find, old shoes and a ballcap. The only thing Ive ever been told is to take off the ballcap when I come out on the floor, otherwise no issues. Ive been pulled off bikes to help with the SF before and they let me wear what I was wearing, except one time when the shorts were REALLY greasy and had lots of holes, and they were putting me in market, so they req'd me some new khakis

My old store... I would get coached if I untucked my shirt while working in electronics. It really is very store-to-store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back