Drive up out of control

My problem with modernization is not that it creates barriers between departments, it's done the opposite of that, it's just the totally disingenuous attempt to disguise this as somehow better for the guest. I had to do the inclusion training a few weeks ago and they had to talk about modernization about being better for the guests because cashiers can now do some basic guest service functions (good, I suppose) and we on the floor don't have to call for someone on the backroom team when we need something using the Wave. Give me a fucking break. a) that hardly ever happened and b) I'd buy that if they had taken the dedicated backroom person and put them on the floor, vs taking our backroom people and moving them to the floor but keeping the same number of people on the floor as we had before at all time. So, instead of having 2-3 people in hardlines at night and 1 dedicated backroom person to do the pulls, backstock, bales, set the line, help with high up stuff, etc. while us on the floor push the batches, zone, reshop, help guests & back up the lanes, now there are two of us who have to pull the batches, push them, help guests, back up the lanes, zone, do reshop, freight and backstock. There is no universe in which you will convince me that it's better for our guests for me to spend a third or more of my time in the backroom, another chunk of it on the lanes leaving guests to ask the SFS/OPU people for help and they always pass people off to a floor TM ASAP because their pick goals don't include stopping to help guests who can't find anyone to help them because we're all in the fucking backroom or on the lanes.

Yeah pretty much as soon as I heard that, I knew it was a ruse. "We'll have more people out on the floor because truck is being pushed in the middle of the day now!" Um, no truck is being pushed in the middle of the day by the same number of TMs that used to be there just working the floor during the day to zone and push reshop, not to mention the elimination of pricing, POG (in addition to that of Flow). Also, we were pulling our own pulls which BR used to do.

With the company I'm with now, the employees that have been there a while say they're so tired and stressed, and I'm shocked because it's not close to what we were expected to do when I left spot.

Does anyone feel uncomfortable in the dark doing DU especially between 10pm and midnight? I don't feel comfortable walking up to dark cars/vans/suv's. Yes, I know lot's of people work as delivery people or night time cart attendants.
We had Drive Up last holiday season. I told AP as well as our GSTLs that if something expensive (think TV or game console) pulled up late at night, I would be calling for them to walk with me. They agreed.

So, if I'm setting an 8 hour pog, going up for backups, helping with carryouts, helping guests, and answering phones on the floor, I'm not helping do drive ups. Management will have to find another way.

Just work smarter! Faster!
aaf_pfft.gif

You can do the thing!!!
cheers2.gif

Anyone else having an issue with drive-ups not being recorded as such. When looking at our sales data on MPM the figure for drive-ups has been ridiculously low, and it seems like the sales are being recorded as OPUs. I looked on Greenfield and the number of total drive-ups it says we've taken out for the week isn't even close to accurate. It's not even a single day's worth.

Anyone know exactly who came up with the idea of guests "honking the horn" at DU? Isn't this a contradiction to Corporate's desire for a best-in-class shopping environment to enhance the "guest experience"? I don't see this crude "honk your horn" method at other stores offering drive-up service.

Anyone know exactly who came up with the idea of guests "honking the horn" at DU? Isn't this a contradiction to Corporate's desire for a best-in-class shopping environment to enhance the "guest experience"? I don't see this crude "honk your horn" method at other stores offering drive-up service.

Guests think its tacky at least the ones who ask what is that, cause you hear honk through the entire store. As you hear it echo through all the devices that get alerts.

Guests think its tacky at least the ones who ask what is that, cause you hear honk through the entire store. As you hear it echo through all the devices that get alerts.
I hate when people have their volume for alerts all the way up. If you’re not at service desk doing drive ups turn that shit down, there’s a volume button

The other day a DU guest came in and to process her order, the TM asked for the barcode which made all the devices honk. I think we had 3 at the desk. The guest said she thought that was absolutely awful. I doubt she will ever order a DU again.

I guest a guest who was signing for his OPU and the hunk went off. He jumped so hi. It was kind of funny, but I felt bad for him at the time.

I hate when people have their volume for alerts all the way up. If you’re not at service desk doing drive ups turn that shit down, there’s a volume button

I know, but with my holster I find I hit the volume buttons taking it in and out. I have to check it to make sure it stays down. Cause it is a pet peeve of mine as well.

I always wore an earpiece. You could keep the volume lower and get longer battery time.

Not with the assholes here who have no clue how to use a radio. The feedback and screeching is insane..

they want the guests to hear it and ask about it so that team members can pitch the service

not that anyone does or ever would do that

they want the guests to hear it and ask about it so that team members can pitch the service... not that anyone does or ever would do that
Absurd as it sounds, you might actually be onto something. Corporate groupthink often yields very successful results for our business, but on this particular issue they failed. The executives involved in this lost sight of how unpleasant or irritating sounds can make or break "guest experience", at the precise time when guest advocates must build rapport with the guest to sell redcards, explain circle and the target app. Speaking honestly and from the heart, I think it was a bad decision from the perspective of most guests.

Absurd as it sounds, you might actually be onto something. Corporate groupthink often yields very successful results for our business, but on this particular issue they failed. The executives involved in this lost sight of how unpleasant or irritating sounds can make or break "guest experience", at the precise time when guest advocates must build rapport with the guest to sell redcards, explain circle and the target app. Speaking honestly and from the heart, I think it was a bad decision from the perspective of most guests.
I must be the only person who is not bothered by the horn at all. It's startles me when my volume is up, but other than that I think it's kind of cute.

Honestly why should the DBOs have to respond to front end stuff now? They earn the same amount that a DBO does and no tasks. How is that fair? Grab the cashier that's reading a magazine before bothering a DBO trying to do the work of 3 people.

Back