Drive up out of control

We've actually had a customer fully complain about drive up because they felt bad that we have to run to the side of the building in the elements for it. Can't help it much I guess šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

they want the guests to hear it and ask about it so that team members can pitch the service

not that anyone does or ever would do that

I have more than once been doing drive up and had the zebra in front of a customer to sign and had the honk go off in their face .... that's never short of uncomfortable

We've actually had a customer fully complain about drive up because they felt bad that we have to run to the side of the building in the elements for it. Can't help it much I guess šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Weā€™ve had a movement of people calling guest relations because we ā€œforce teenage girls to take orders out alone at nightā€. Which A, no we donā€™t and B, my storeā€™s neighbor in s pretty boujie so any person going out at night is most likely okay to walk the 30 feet alone.

Weā€™ve had a movement of people calling guest relations because we ā€œforce teenage girls to take orders out alone at nightā€. Which A, no we donā€™t and B, my storeā€™s neighbor in s pretty boujie so any person going out at night is most likely okay to walk the 30 feet alone.
To be fair if any of the girls (or any TMs of any gender/age) said they felt uncomfortable walking out at night, there better be someone whoā€™s ready to go with them.

also I just noticed your ā€œSETL by day, ETL - Crying Alone by nightā€ and I love it

To be fair if any of the girls (or any TMs of any gender/age) said they felt uncomfortable walking out at night, there better be someone whoā€™s ready to go with them.

also I just noticed your ā€œSETL by day, ETL - Crying Alone by nightā€ and I love it

Thanks! And the thing is, no one has complained, man or woman. At least to leadership. We have a couple of women who work nights and when I ask if itā€™s a problem, they say ā€œI donā€™t mind, Iā€™ve never had a problemā€ or something along those lines.

Thanks! And the thing is, no one has complained, man or woman. At least to leadership. We have a couple of women who work nights and when I ask if itā€™s a problem, they say ā€œI donā€™t mind, Iā€™ve never had a problemā€ or something along those lines.
Lol Iā€™m usually more concerned about some idiot hitting me bc they were texting. They put our drive up spots in a really bad place walk-out wise. Much safer for us (and equally close to doors) to put it in another spot, but who cares about us :p

For some reason they put our drive up spots closer to the other side doors than the GS side doors, which is somewhat annoying, particularly when it's cold and/or raining and/or icy.

The other day, I noticed the drive-up timer started counting down the clock BEFORE our drive-up guest was actually in our drive-up parking area. This was a rare instance where I had the time to pull their items just before their arrival and could easily beat the two-minute expectation. Once the timer started, I was out of our door in 15 seconds and they didn't arrive in drive-up until 45 seconds into the 2 minutes. Obviously the transaction was completed within the 2 minutes, but I think it's dishonest for the company to start the 2-minute clock before the guest has actually arrived and parked in the drive-up area.

The other day, I noticed the drive-up timer started counting down the clock BEFORE our drive-up guest was actually in our drive-up parking area. This was a rare instance where I had the time to pull their items just before their arrival and could easily beat the two-minute expectation. Once the timer started, I was out of our door in 15 seconds and they didn't arrive in drive-up until 45 seconds into the 2 minutes. Obviously the transaction was completed within the 2 minutes, but I think it's dishonest for the company to start the 2-minute clock before the guest has actually arrived and parked in the drive-up area.
Yup, happens a lot here. Guests should have to enter their spot number.

Thatā€™s because they have their location service/ gps enabled. As soon as they get close it alerts us that they are here when they are still waiting for the traffic light. Or they decided to get Arbyā€™s or Chic-fil-a first. If you have them tap the ā€œIā€™m here buttonā€ it restarts the timer. Not sure how that affects our numbers.

Yup, happens a lot here. Guests should have to enter their spot number.
Ours starts as soon as the pull in the parking lot and I've seen it take 1min and 33 seconds before they are fully parked in one of the parking spots. It will also trip the counter if they are pulling in the parking lot but going to another store first. We have a Kohl's on the far side of the parking lot and if they go there first and then somewhere in between it will trip multiple times before they actually come on the second or third time of going outside to check for that guest.

Ours starts as soon as the pull in the parking lot and I've seen it take 1min and 33 seconds before they are fully parked in one of the parking spots. It will also trip the counter if they are pulling in the parking lot but going to another store first. We have a Kohl's on the far side of the parking lot and if they go there first and then somewhere in between it will trip multiple times before they actually come on the second or third time of going outside to check for that guest.
You can mysupport to get the geofence made smaller

We have ours say theyā€™re here when theyā€™re waiting at the light at the freeway off-ramp near our store šŸ™„ and once you get off the freeway thereā€™s two more lights before you can even turn into the parking lot of our store. The timer will be at like 7 mins before I see them turn into the spot

We usually just ask them to hit the button again and explain why, it has saved our drive up time a few times. Or ETL told us that the timer for the old time gets replaced ifthey hit it again.

So the timer system is kinda rigged against the store and its TMs. Talking to others at my store, sometimes we bust our chops to get their order together and out the door only to find the guest still isn't in the drive-up area. The two minutes have already elapsed. It's not our fault but it hurts our store's numbers.

Corporate really needs to address this issue of when the drive-up timer begins - including a much smaller geofence default. This glaring problem makes Target's stores seem to be deficient at drive-up fulfillment times, it's like the store and its TMs being falsely accused of incompetence by a goofy seriously flawed electronic tracking system. It's really gotta be fixed.

I noticed it today on the walkie for the first time that things were getting pretty bad with the drive up. It was around 10:30am and guest service started calling in the walkie when the horn went off on my Zebra four times in 5 minutes. She said I need help with drive ups. No one responded. The ETL finally responded a few minutes later and told someone to respond...(useless). The horn then went off two more times in the next few minutes. This is not going to work out at all as we approach the holidays. They are going to need a lot more Zebras and employees for this drive up crap.
I noticed it today on the walkie for the first time that things were getting pretty bad with the drive up. It was around 10:30am and guest service started calling in the walkie when the horn went off on my Zebra four times in 5 minutes. She said I need help with drive ups. No one responded. The ETL finally responded a few minutes later and told someone to respond...(useless). The horn then went off two more times in the next few minutes. This is not going to work out at all as we approach the holidays. They are going to need a lot more Zebras and employees for this drive up crap.
Honestly itā€™s funny cause at my store, we have one of the highest times because our Etl tells everyone to reset times and if the time gets under 1:50 sometime she just saids sign the damn thing ourselves, because she is super up the ass with drive upā€™s. She rather have a line of people waiting at order pick then for us to miss a drive up under the 2 min.

Happens all the time at our store that the two minutes are passed and they're still not in the parking lot. There's two lights outside our store and can take quite a while to come in. I'm out there sitting on that pillar between the four spots waiting for them just watching my timer tick up.

Honestly itā€™s funny cause at my store, we have one of the highest times because our Etl tells everyone to reset times and if the time gets under 1:50 sometime she just saids sign the damn thing ourselves, because she is super up the ass with drive upā€™s. She rather have a line of people waiting at order pick then for us to miss a drive up under the 2 min.
She should be fired. Sign for guest????? SO illegal

We haven't gone quite that far, but in our store due to wanting to keep the guests fingers off of our screens we've been self-signing for the guest WHEN they take possession of the goods from us. We have NEVER self-signed for the guest in advance of delivery. Our steps are simply COVID-19 fears about placing unknown fingers on our devices, so I can see this approach, but.....

Self-signing for an order BEFORE the TM has actually given the items to the guest does raise integrity issues. What if the guest does NOT agree to sign for the items (incorrect items, changed mind) or what if the client in fact does NOT show up for whatever reason or other? Since the guest's name accepting delivery has been FORGED not in their presence, this would be analogous to corporate situations which I've seen (past career) where executives and managers sign off on a contract without the notary present, then the office's notary public is LATER ordered to sign and imprint their notary stamp on the document, which says that under penalty of perjury the notary personally witnessed the signers placing their signatures on the document. (PS I've never personally been a notary but have known more than a few).

Corporate's policy on the drive-up times is cruel, but that doesn't excuse fraud.

Everyone in our store who works in A and A now do the picks for orders. Iā€™m the only softlines person who stays in softlines. I push the truck, zone and do. the pulls. Even our team leads pick all shift. Itā€™s overwhelming for everyone but Iā€™m glad I have my job. We have hired new people who take out the drive ups all day and clean the carts and count the people.

Everyone in our store who works in A and A now do the picks for orders. Iā€™m the only softlines person who stays in softlines. I push the truck, zone and do. the pulls. Even our team leads pick all shift. Itā€™s overwhelming for everyone but Iā€™m glad I have my job. We have hired new people who take out the drive ups all day and clean the carts and count the people.
Sounds just like my store!

Back