Archived Drive Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
A nearby store is live with DriveUp, I saw someone receiving their order when i stopped at that store to shop yesterday. My store is apparently waiting for local government approval. We don't even have the pylons installed yet, so I have no idea how long. What's annoying is that we just had our parking lot redone, you would think they'd want to install the pylon at the same time?
You might not get it.

When we were included in the pilot, I asked DTL why us why not the near by super target. We were chosen for our sales of items that facilitate drive up.

You might not get it.

When we were included in the pilot, I asked DTL why us why not the near by super target. We were chosen for our sales of items that facilitate drive up.

Our parking lot was painted to mark the lanes about 2 months ago. The pylon was installed last week. I found out last night from chatting with GSA while I shopped that we have three TMs that were hired specifically for Drive Up, and they've been working GS/cash to fill in while we've been waiting.

We are consistently missing our time goals for drive up. There are so many things that can go wrong but my ETL does not wat excuses. We’re so understaffed that we’ve been using our drive up person to cover breaks but that’s over. How are you guys meeting your goals?

We are consistently missing our time goals for drive up. There are so many things that can go wrong but my ETL does not wat excuses. We’re so understaffed that we’ve been using our drive up person to cover breaks but that’s over. How are you guys meeting your goals?

If not in a batch, the OPU person takes out Drive Ups. Gather the stuff up in given the time and wait for the guest to arrive. If the OPU person is in a batch, best judgment is used whether he or she can grab the Drive Up. If not, they call on the walkie and someone else at the front will handle it. Between the service desk, cart attendant, GSTLs and SCO there's usually someone available. If not, grab a nearby salesfloor TM.

It's basically a team effort. It works fairly well because OPU picking for us is heavily concentrated at different times of day than drive up arrivals are concentrated.

I've only helped out with DriveUp once, and only with running orders to the cars, so feel free to ignore. Ultimately, my opinion is that two minutes is just not enough time.

In that one shift, I had four different guests not even bother to hit the "on my way" button till they were already *in* the parking lot. No way we can do a bloody thing about that.

I know that my GSTL closed out at least one order on me because I was having issues with the DriveUp app not scanning the guest's barcode. Eventually I hit the "barcode not working" button and her order vanished entirely, so I really hope that it processed. She was one of the ones who didn't tell us she was coming until she was already on site, so I was down almost a full minute just from locating her order in the bins.

I also think the placement of the DriveUp parking spaces in comparison to doors is poorly planned. At least, at every store I've seen it at. Now, my store happens to have a fire exit into the TSC that's right in front of our DU spaces. If that alarm could be disabled, and we could put DU staging adjacent to that door, it would in fact help our delivery goal times by quite a bit. Anything we can do to shorten the physical distance that a TM has to travel in order to get the delivery done has got to help.

By the way, those 3 TMs that were hired specifically for DriveUp that I mentioned above? All gone already.

I've only helped out with DriveUp once, and only with running orders to the cars, so feel free to ignore. Ultimately, my opinion is that two minutes is just not enough time.

In that one shift, I had four different guests not even bother to hit the "on my way" button till they were already *in* the parking lot. No way we can do a bloody thing about that.

I know that my GSTL closed out at least one order on me because I was having issues with the DriveUp app not scanning the guest's barcode. Eventually I hit the "barcode not working" button and her order vanished entirely, so I really hope that it processed. She was one of the ones who didn't tell us she was coming until she was already on site, so I was down almost a full minute just from locating her order in the bins.

I also think the placement of the DriveUp parking spaces in comparison to doors is poorly planned. At least, at every store I've seen it at. Now, my store happens to have a fire exit into the TSC that's right in front of our DU spaces. If that alarm could be disabled, and we could put DU staging adjacent to that door, it would in fact help our delivery goal times by quite a bit. Anything we can do to shorten the physical distance that a TM has to travel in order to get the delivery done has got to help.

By the way, those 3 TMs that were hired specifically for DriveUp that I mentioned above? All gone already.
You can kindly let the guest know when you arrive to their car that in the future we can be quicker if they make sure to hit “I’m on my way” before they arrive at the store.

Check your order before heading out the door. That is important. We dont take off security devices until then, btw.

Process it in pickup if there's an issue. No guest should sign if the order is not right. That's when we charge them.

Our new goal time is 1 1/2 minutes. We also have to wear a safety vest and ask the guest if we can go back into the store to get anything else for them then let them pay with the my checkout.
I was really surprised that they haven't been making the drive up team member wear a safety vest. It makes sense, works for safety, and as a long-time cart attendant, I can say that retroreflective orange goes with just about everything.

ask the guest if we can go back into the store to get anything else for them then let them pay with the my checkout.
As soon as target gives enough coverage for me to be able to do this without guest service getting backed up I would love to be able to do this for guests who can’t come in/are sick/ have sick kids...

How much did this suck in winter? Was it more popular when it was bitter cold?

Has there been a winter of this happening already??? I thought it was new...

When guests dont give us the on my way honk, I don't stress over the 2 minute. I do say, "you know, if you let us know you are coming, we will have your order ready for you." Most say it's their first time.

Like anything, the more you work it, the smoother it becomes.

Guests love it.

How much did this suck in winter? Was it more popular when it was bitter cold?

It wasn't that bad really. The good thing is that when the weather is bad most people don't want to get in their cars to pick something up at Target. There is always an asshole or two every shift who will drive up in a blizzard. But, most Drive Up guests are nice. For example, it was raining all day on Monday. No one came when it was storming bad. We had a brief window where it slowed down and was just sprinkling a little. A guest came to Drive Up then and apologized like crazy. Said she tried to time it between the storms. Blah, blah, blah. Really, no problem. I don't mind a few sprinkles. I'm not going to melt.

The opposite at my store, drive up is INSANE when it’s raining because no one wants to get out of their car to come in the store so we get tons of orders and I’ll end up having like a consistent 3 carts full of orders that are on their way :(

My store isn’t getting it, thankfully 😅

Yet. My understanding is that they want it live in as many stores as possible.

Ugh. Why are some items not available for drive up? I mean, I understand perishables. But this is a lousy dish brush. It's in stock, I have several other items already in my cart so it's not like I'm gonna make a TM run out for a $3 item, and the store does have DU actively available. And of course it's the item I need the most from this run.

Maybe I should just Shipt an order to my office. The whole point of wanting to do DU is I don't have time to run in tomorrow.

Perishable OPU is testing. Not sure if it applies to drive up, but I’d imagine once that starts going live you’ll be able to order damn near anything. (That brush probably is locked because it is part of a department/class that you can’t do OPU. Not that I think a dish brush is perishable... but that could be why.)

Yet. My understanding is that they want it live in as many stores as possible.
Definitely! We did just have a follow up visit from the group logistics ppl and they said that while we are on the list of stores that don’t have drive up we are very far down the list on stores that might get it. Would be cool if we could get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back